Opinion Foran compensation?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
if I was the NRL i'd be saying you knew what you were in for when you bought him, he's in about the same condition (a write off)

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hypothetically if the 350k was approved tomorrow, we have 200-300k left in the cap, that could still pick up a player who could be a good edition to the playing squad.
Keeping in mind the condition of 'like for like player' i.e lost a half, gain a half, these players could be good acquisitions;
Adam Doueihi - rumoured to be on the outer at Souths.
Jack Bird - Couple of bad years with injury but a class above what we have.
Connor Watson - Surplus to needs at Newcastle and will develop into a Cook like hooker.
Tristan Sailor - Massive wraps coming thru the grades, off contract 2021.
For me it's Jack Bird, the blokes all quality, Origin player, covers multiple positions and is due for a favourable run without injury.
These 4 players could also play in the backline this year where we need a touch of quality.
The club admin and board should be pushing this matter with the NRL on an hourly basis until it's approved and we can use it to our advantage.
Hold Foran back til round 14 if he is fit, get someone in who can help us this year and in the coming years.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck, think your aiming too high with our lots performance in recruitment
Hypothetically if the 350k was approved tomorrow, we have 200-300k left in the cap, that could still pick up a player who could be a good edition to the playing squad.
Keeping in mind the condition of 'like for like player' i.e lost a half, gain a half, these players could be good acquisitions;
Connor Watson - Surplus to needs at Newcastle and will develop into a Cook like hooker.
For me it's Jack Bird, the blokes all quality, Origin player, covers multiple positions and is due for a favourable run without injury.
These 4 players could also play in the backline this year where we need a touch of quality.
The club admin and board should be pushing this matter with the NRL on an hourly basis until it's approved and we can use it to our advantage.
Hold Foran back til round 14 if he is fit, get someone in who can help us this year and in the coming years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Doueihi is apparently free to look at other offers, if the possibility of compensation actually exists (I don't think it does) then he's probably the logical recruit. Can play in the halves and pretty much entire backline.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you could get Jack Bird on the cheap for a year and year our option "might" be worth the gamble, he did look good before injury but we've been fooled before and would it work out?? Probably why a year would be best fit if we actually get the compensation.

I don't mind Connor Watson, but Douehi is probably decent choice and could get him and still have coin for upgrades of current younger crop.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
'due for a favourable run without injury' you could probably say the same about Foran and look where that got us.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You'd think Douehi would end up at the tigers but I'd be happy with him, still young and plenty of promise.

Read an article which said he after 450-500k but Souffs are unwilling to chip in because they are "under the cap".

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am so sick of this bloke, wakeham/cogger/lewis will never work their shit out while this bloke is coming back,injured,coming back,injured,coming back,injured and it goes on and fucking on.This club has looked after him like no one else would have he needs to show some gratitude and respect and get out of the fucking way.
selfish ****.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Doueihi is apparently free to look at other offers, if the possibility of compensation actually exists (I don't think it does) then he's probably the logical recruit. Can play in the halves and pretty much entire backline.
He's definitely on the outer. He's pissed that he has no path to FG thanks to Skeletors recruitment drive.

He'd be affordable and if we did ever get compensation for Foran, he'd be the perfect player to use it on.

A long term halves combo of Douhehi and Wakeham would be pretty exciting.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You'd think Douehi would end up at the tigers but I'd be happy with him, still young and plenty of promise.

Read an article which said he after 450-500k but Souffs are unwilling to chip in because they are "under the cap".
For that sort of money he can go to the Tigers lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's definitely on the outer. He's pissed that he has no path to FG thanks to Skeletors recruitment drive.

He'd be affordable and if we did ever get compensation for Foran, he'd be the perfect player to use it on.

A long term halves combo of Douhehi and Wakeham would be pretty exciting.
I don't really rate him as a long-term half but I'd bring him over as a "direct replacement" for Foran and potentially play him somewhere else like centre.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't really rate him as a long-term half but I'd bring him over as a "direct replacement" for Foran and potentially play him somewhere else like centre.
I don't think Douhehi is great but i think he's a better option than Cogger and Lewis as he's more consistent in all facets. He's not a flashy player but a reliable one and has a better running game and organisational skills than Lewis..

Douhehi filled in solidly enough at fullback and centre when needed but i think he played his best footy in the halves.

But you're probably right, long term might be stretching it. But he'd a good short term option who could become a long term player if he performed well.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Geebus, in what fkn world is he worth anywhere close to that.

Next.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For that sort of money he can go to the Tigers lol.
I think the article said they weren't willing to pay that so he either sticks around Souffs or brings his price down.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think Douhehi is great but i think he's a better option than Cogger and Lewis as he's more consistent in all facets. He's not a flashy player but a reliable one and has a better running game and organisational skills than Lewis..

Douhehi filled in solidly enough at fullback and centre when needed but i think he played his best footy in the halves.

But you're probably right, long term might be stretching it. But he'd a good short term option who could become a long term player if he performed well.
Yh he's defenitely more of a running threat and that's what we need, but I'm still just tempted to say fuck it and throw Averillo in next to Wakeham lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think the article said they weren't willing to pay that so he either sticks around Souffs or brings his price down.
Surely nobody is willing to pay that...

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Geebus, in what fkn world is he worth anywhere close to that.

Next.
My point is, if we had the 350k compensation for Foran we'd be paying him 150k this year, less once you factor in Souths have already paid 1/4 of his salary this year.
His Souths contract goes till the end of 2021.
If he is on 500k and he does sign with us til the end of 2021, allowing 125k for the 3 months Souths would already have paid for this year (NRL contracts go from Nov 1 to Oct 31) and the 350k compensation, we'd be paying 525k out of the Salary cap for 2 seasons.
That's good value there in my opinion.