Sydney CBD climate protest attracts over 30,000 people

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ok so I had no idea this thing was happening on Friday until this hottie in the office came round and mentioned it. After she was done talking, she was no longer a hottie.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Two problems with that:

1) you're using the 2nd law of thermodynamics with an equation based on a solid object to explain the thermal dynamics of gases. As humans found out a long time ago, this doesn't work

https://history.aip.org/climate/Radmath.htm

2) the first equation doesn't work when you are accounting for a continuous line of heat from multiple heat sources. The sun heats the earth. The earth transfers heat to the atmosphere in including the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere at the lowest point first. The greenhouse gases that have absorbs the heat then emit the heat to the place of lowest heat which is other parts of the atmosphere and other CO2. When the sun stops heating the earth, the earth becomes a lower heat source. Much of the heat ends up transferred off to space. If this didn't happen then we'd cook to death. Add more CO2 and the heat will transfer to the CO2 first. Not due to it being the lowest heat source as it's not. Due to it being the closest thing that is lower in heat. Adding more CO2 slows down the ability of the IR heat to leave the earth
Are you suggesting this is flawed science??? such a thing does not exist surely?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you suggesting this is flawed science??? such a thing does not exist surely?
Hacky is that one guy who likes to disagree sometimes for the sake of disagreeing.

he is going to have to read this post and then reply to me disagreeing and prove my point!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The Friday protests were entirely pointless and even on the measure of protester numbers weren't very impressive. They had far more people at one of these climate protests a few months ago.

The whole protest 'strategy' has been pathetic because they've now protested so often that no one even bothers paying attention to their messaging anymore.

I work in the city and there has been at least 6-7 climate protests in the last few months alone.

The protests achieve nothing except some mild inconvenience for hard working folks leaving their office and trying to get home.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The Friday protests were entirely pointless and even on the measure of protester numbers weren't very impressive. They had far more people at one of these climate protests a few months ago.

The whole protest 'strategy' has been pathetic because they've now protested so often that no one even bothers paying attention to their messaging anymore.

I work in the city and there has been at least 6-7 climate protests in the last few months alone.

The protests achieve nothing except some mild inconvenience for hard working folks leaving their office and trying to get home.
This. And let's just say (for arguments sake) that the Government either actioned what these pricks were saying or did whatever it is they need to do in order to get them to STFU, they will, without doubt, find something else to whinge about.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Also, now that a few days have gone by, is anyone (in any meaningful way) even talking about this protest anymore? No.

Has anything changed because of the protest? No.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Also, now that a few days have gone by, is anyone (in any meaningful way) even talking about this protest anymore? No.

Yeah well don't be sayin that cos they'll step it up for more attention and it'll be your fault cos they read it here.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Other way around. All science is flawed 'cause it can't explain life, the Universe and everything.

Wahesh

Reaction score

... and will anything change about this protest? No.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hacky is that one guy who likes to disagree sometimes for the sake of disagreeing.

he is going to have to read this post and then reply to me disagreeing and prove my point!

yea... but... but SCIENCE

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

egos were stroked, the peasants remain divided... I would say it's been quite a success for those who are behind them..

the reality of it is, it's not about climate change at its core.. it's just more political bs... after summer there will be protests organised for the next buzz topic

It's actually really sad how people can't see how the media and the ruling class are "controlling the narrative" as they like to put it.. you will never see any of these rallies taken to parliament, or taken to big corporations... always in places of inconvenience... and you will never hear the majority of the attendees speaking out about the topics before or after the events

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I agree