Opinion Foran compensation?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The whole thing is painful as a supporter. I dont wish ill of the bloke, I actually like his grit and determination. I wish he was fit. But like others have said, I just think he'll be a distraction this season. I suppose Im still annoyed giving his history that he didnt do everything in his power during the off season to prepare for 2020 instead of risking injury playing rep. He siad he wanted to repay the Dogs, they where his words. Anyways, it couldnt have resulted in a worse outcome. Lets hope somehow our halves pull a Jeanie out of a hat and make it difficult for him to re-enter the picture.

for sure.. I'm not going to say anything bad about a guy who doesn't want to give up the thing he loves... once it's over it's over.. so I can definitely see why he continues to fight... there would still be a few years left if he could survive.... but everybody except probably him can see that it's all in vain at this point, unfortunately

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
for sure.. I'm not going to say anything bad about a guy who doesn't want to give up the thing he loves... once it's over it's over.. so I can definitely see why he continues to fight... there would still be a few years left if he could survive.... but everybody except probably him can see that it's all in vain at this point, unfortunately
100%

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Possible,communication is not hard though
The club does seem to be doing a poor job of communicating with its fan base, but I'm also not a member of the club, so naturally there is no direct contact.
In the past we fortified our club walls and kept our secrets to ourselves. This served us well, so if This is how they want to lay things, then it's fine with me.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The FOX will be plenty compensation lol..!!

Love Fozzy, but it’s all over his playing career.

Banned
Reaction score
iv been trying to get info from the club via emails n phone calls about junior rep trials - NOTHING - not a reply, nothing. Extremely disappointing - promised much delivered little in the communication side of things.
So you could go as far as saying you're hearing diddly squat from them?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Hopefully a mid season England stint gets him off the books and we can crab a couple of good kids from other clubs wanting a crack.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club does seem to be doing a poor job of communicating with its fan base, but I'm also not a member of the club, so naturally there is no direct contact.
In the past we fortified our club walls and kept our secrets to ourselves. This served us well, so if This is how they want to lay things, then it's fine with me.
That's what it's all about opinion,and I appreciate your opinion,but that fortified walls bullshit worked ok in the 70s and 80s ,not today communication is avery important tool,when you are running,an organisation,worth almost 2 billion,and my club wants $600 bucks from me for 2 tickets,and don't even have seating arrangements,??

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's what it's all about opinion,and I appreciate your opinion,but that fortified walls bullshit worked ok in the 70s and 80s ,not today communication is avery important tool,when you are running,an organisation,worth almost 2 billion,and my club wants $600 bucks from me for 2 tickets,and don't even have seating arrangements,??
What seating arrangements do you mean mate? Bankwest? They were emailed out on the 19th December

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Worked well in the 90s and early 2000s too. But I get your point. And I agree that a great club like ours should not leave fans hanging in regards to membership details etc. But I also don't expect them to tell us every time someone farts.
There maybe there is no news to tell anyway.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What seating arrangements do you mean mate? Bankwest? They were emailed out on the 19th December
My point being that communication,is like back in the 70s,a week before Xmas,is it any wonder,our membership count is the lowest in the league

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worked well in the 90s and early 2000s too. But I get your point. And I agree that a great club like ours should not leave fans hanging in regards to membership details etc. But I also don't expect them to tell us every time someone farts.
There maybe there is no news to tell anyway.
Point taken,I guess people will have to have a look,at other nrl clubs app's,to see what I mean,and make an opinion.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
My point being that communication,is like back in the 70s,a week before Xmas,is it any wonder,our membership count is the lowest in the league
I see your point mate it definitely should be figured out earlier and I wonder when the club received the allocations from Bankwest

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I see your point mate it definitely should be figured out earlier and I wonder when the club received the allocations from Bankwest
Let's keep in mind Bankwest is run by VenuesLive, as is ANZ - it's a State Government department, so decent chance of - ahem - bureaucracy - that likely impacts the club.
There's no question the club needs to improve its communication, particularly around membership sales/renewals - and I've provided that feedback this week - but not everything is within its direct control either.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Point taken,I guess people will have to have a look,at other nrl clubs app's,to see what I mean,and make an opinion.
Our media department definitely has no clue. This I will absolutely agree with.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just got off the phone from a club official high up and going by the details he mentioned it seems things will get sorted out this week.

Lol sorry but I'm fukken bored

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
if Foran was a builder or any other type of tradie he'd be chased all over the countryside by ACA...……. he should retire in to politics, where you can do fuckall and get paid heaps