Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol becareful man that might be interpreted as you being intimidated by strong women.

No not yet. Im talking to my brother now about if we should go watch it tonight
Lol.. As I told I got no problem with strong female characters in movies..it’s just when it’s ‘political’ instead just part of the story..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol.. As I told I got no problem with strong female characters in movies..it’s just when it’s ‘political’ instead just part of the story..
Which is almost every movie these days :grinning: hahaha

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes definitely the first episode, great vampire scenes for 90 mins.

Don't bother after that but the first episode wow!
I didn't really like it. I struggled through the first episode and it was alright, but nothing really grabbed me.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't really like it. I struggled through the first episode and it was alright, but nothing really grabbed me.
To close to home Count Hacky?? You can’t have that much knowledge without living more than one lifetime..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough.

I enjoyed the gothic settings and cinematography.

I am however a lover of vampire films and the attached list of trailers IMO are the best ever.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwVG5ahQd5kISr6clqwHzWpfnUasyWIRP
I always liked Bram Stoker's Dracula. But my favourite is still Interview with a Vampire.

Read all the Anne Rice novels that the movie was based on. Excellent novels. Unfortunately the follow up movie was rubbish.

But Anne Rice got the rights back so she's writing a TV series based on the books that will be released on Hulu. Really looking forward to that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Side note. Really surprised you don't have Interview with a Vampire on that list

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Shazam

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448115/

A newly fostered young boy in search of his mother instead finds unexpected super powers and soon gains a powerful enemy.

I decided to watch this film based on the recommendation of my brother @Mr 95% - and to be honest, as someone who's not really into superhero movies, this one wasn't so bad. Luckily for us, this movie is already on Netflix.

It starts off with a young boy (who turns out to be the villain play by Mark Strong - awesome actor) and what he went through as a child. Fast forward to today, and we have another young boy who's somewhat troubled but has what it takes to get the job done of protecting the free world from evil simply by saying the word 'Shazam' - and it is a fantastic movie. It's a movie mainly aimed at young adults, so it has an element of comedy in it. Being DC, there are several references to Batman and Superman throughout the movie. It actually got me to the point where I wanted to be apart of it and be the one fighting these evil spirits. During the climax it gets even bigger when more superheros join the party (I won't give it away by telling you how), and that's when it gets even better.

Final score... for a movie genre I'm not too keen on, this one reeled me in well.

8/10.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Shazam

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448115/

A newly fostered young boy in search of his mother instead finds unexpected super powers and soon gains a powerful enemy.

I decided to watch this film based on the recommendation of my brother @Mr 95% - and to be honest, as someone who's not really into superhero movies, this one wasn't so bad. Luckily for us, this movie is already on Netflix.

It starts off with a young boy (who turns out to be the villain play by Mark Strong - awesome actor) and what he went through as a child. Fast forward to today, and we have another young boy who's somewhat troubled but has what it takes to get the job done of protecting the free world from evil simply by saying the word 'Shazam' - and it is a fantastic movie. It's a movie mainly aimed at young adults, so it has an element of comedy in it. Being DC, there are several references to Batman and Superman throughout the movie. It actually got me to the point where I wanted to be apart of it and be the one fighting these evil spirits. During the climax it gets even bigger when more superheros join the party (I won't give it away by telling you how), and that's when it gets even better.

Final score... for a movie genre I'm not too keen on, this one reeled me in well.

8/10.
Glad you enjoyed it my man..it’s great fun..

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jaybob.jpg

Jay and Silent Bob return to Hollywood to stop a reboot of the 'Bluntman and Chronic' movie from getting made.

Being a big fan of Kevin Smith's viewaskew universe movies, I really wanted to turn off my brain, let nostalgia take hold and like this one, but ultimately a lot falls flat. The satirical view of taking the absolute piss of the current movie industry was funny, and few jokes worked, It was great to see affleck, Damon and a few supporting characters back from previous movies but as a whole Jay and silent bob are products of their time, and they really should have stayed there. Casting of Harley-Quinn Smith in every movie he now makes, and as a major character no less was a poor choice too, she really can't act very well imo

2/5

And that's being generous

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 12608
Jay and Silent Bob return to Hollywood to stop a reboot of the 'Bluntman and Chronic' movie from getting made.

Being a big fan of Kevin Smith's viewaskew universe movies, I really wanted to turn off my brain, let nostalgia take hold and like this one, but ultimately a lot falls flat. The satirical view of taking the absolute piss of the current movie industry was funny, and few jokes worked, It was great to see affleck, Damon and a few supporting characters back from previous movies but as a whole Jay and silent bob are products of their time, and they really should have stayed there. Casting of Harley-Quinn Smith in every movie he noe makes, and as a major character no less was a poor choice too, she really can't act very well imo

2/5
The first movie is one of my all time favourite movies. I still haven't seen the sequal yet 'cause I'm pretty sure I'm going to be disappointed.

You're definitely right about Harley-Quinn as well. She's a terrible actor. Saw Kevin Smith live a few years back and he started talking about the potential of directing Marvel movies. He said, "I wouldn't do it. It's not me. Have you seen Tusk? Most people would say that Tusk is a terrible movie. But I don't make movies for other people. I make them for myself. If other people like them then that's great, but I don't really care. I make the movies I want to make because that's what I love to do"

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am Mother - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6292852/

In the wake of humanity's extinction, a teenage girl is raised by a robot designed to repopulate the earth. But their unique bond is threatened when an inexplicable stranger arrives with alarming news.

Nice little twist at the end, very good movie.