3 years ago today

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even though I never met my donor and his family, I will never forget and always appreciate them.

Just to put the spotlight on him and organ donation, he was...

18 years old
6 foot 4
114kgs with about 11% body fat
Junior All Black
Awesome human being in general.

PS I still haven't given up on trying to find them and I'll even fly over to met them if they ever want to meet me.
Honestly they couldn't have picked a more deserving recipient . Such respect

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not going to waste the best gift my family and I have ever received.
this satement is why... Not everyone can uphold such a mark of respect.

How many times do doctors save lives only to be rubbished the following week for making them wait for a follow up appointment ,for example.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He got spear tackled and couldn't recover. The family made the call to pull the plug and donate his organs.
How incredibly sad and tragic. Dying playing a damn game. Kudos to his family for donating, his very healthy body no doubt saved many other people including yourself.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Happy 21st mate.. don't do anything too crazy now!

Mad respect to the family for such a kind act in such a tough time! wishing you the best with all things health related for the future

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Just to put it in perspective, because of my donor, I have celebrated...

3 Easters
3 Christmases
3 NYE's
6 of my kids birthdays
3 of my own birthdays
3 years above ground with my family and friends

I wouldn't of had them if it wasn't for a caring young man and his understanding family.
You have shown great honour to the young bloke's gift by cherishing it and making the most of the opportunity it has given you. He would of been proud to have seen his gift be given to an appreciative and respectful recipient. All the best to you mate, hope many more milestones are ticked off in the years to come.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unreal mate, really puts it in perspective
I’m sure the family would love to meet you, and listen to their sons heart beat, one they made!
Mind boggling and beautiful

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Modern miracle, hope you live a long and rewarding life, the years are rolling by fast and too often we don't appreciate it.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I finally received my Maori heart after a 5 year battle, dying 12 times and spending more time in St Vincent's rather at home.

This thread isn't for me, this is for the young man (18 at the time) and his family saving me and my family.

The heart is technically 21 now so I think I have to celebrate lol

Please if you haven't already, go to https://donatelife.gov.au/ and register. But also talk to your loved ones so they don't block your wish. You don't need your organs where we end up, whether you're a believer or not.

I've always been a donor and still am today.

Peace.
what a warrior mate, proves you are meant to be on this green earth
all the best

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
God gives the hardest battles to the strongest soldiers. You @ASSASSIN is a whole army into one human being.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes and kind words.

100% I'm looking after this motor, even more than the motor in my SS lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Always been a donor, its a great way for something good to come from a tragedy. And like Assassin says, we dont need them where we are going. BUt these days at my age, with the shit treatment i have given my body over the years, i am worried my organs might be a downgrade these days.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I finally received my Maori heart after a 5 year battle, dying 12 times and spending more time in St Vincent's rather at home.

This thread isn't for me, this is for the young man (18 at the time) and his family saving me and my family.

The heart is technically 21 now so I think I have to celebrate lol

Please if you haven't already, go to https://donatelife.gov.au/ and register. But also talk to your loved ones so they don't block your wish. You don't need your organs where we end up, whether you're a believer or not.

I've always been a donor and still am today.

Peace.
Love this story, great family.. your a legend an greatness Assassin.. and congrats, what a soldier :grinning:

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just to put it in perspective, because of my donor, I have celebrated...

3 Easters
3 Christmases
3 NYE's
6 of my kids birthdays
3 of my own birthdays
3 years above ground with my family and friends

I wouldn't of had them if it wasn't for a caring young man and his understanding family.
Bro I know I’m not your closest of mates here on the kennel and I never knew anything about that part of your life before now, but reading your story and all the moments you have been able to enjoy since receiving from your donor brings a smile to my face and a timely reminder that even with all the hate in the world currently, there is still good in it too! Thank you for sharing that mate and reminding me that God still is watching over the good souls like you who are worthy of such a gift afforded by a generous young man, you are truly blessed bro and I will be making a donation as soon as I am done typing this message. God bless you and everyone who believe!