Official Latrell Mitchell to Souths

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So how many players has Souths bought with burgeers money ?
Like the Roosters, they can buy half a team with just Cooper Cronks left overs so can the Bunnies. That's what being a darling team in the NRL can get you.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong:

He’s been paid $120k already by the Rorters for 2020 and as of today, that money isn’t being paid back by Souths.

He is on $600k for 2020 with Souths (so $720k). $800k for 2021.

So basically 2 years at $760k to go 5 mins down the road, and they still claim they have coin for Arrow for this year, pretty sure that deal is $800k plus.

*Roberts
*Gagai
*Murray
*Walker
* Reynolds
*Cook
*Mitchell
*Arrow

If that’s not more than half the cap on 8 players I’m watching a different game. It’s a big sombrero that one that covers Moore Park out to Coogee

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep cowboys got screwed 3-4 times in the finals by dud ref calls.
And conveniently for Souffs in 2014 in which the Cowboys had the wood over them all season

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank God the saga is over. Hope it comes back to bite Souffs in the future.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong:

He’s been paid $120k already by the Rorters for 2020 and as of today, that money isn’t being paid back by Souths.

He is on $600k for 2020 with Souths (so $720k). $800k for 2021.

So basically 2 years at $760k to go 5 mins down the road, and they still claim they have coin for Arrow for this year, pretty sure that deal is $800k plus.

*Roberts
*Gagai
*Murray
*Walker
* Reynolds
*Cook
*Mitchell
*Arrow

If that’s not more than half the cap on 8 players I’m watching a different game. It’s a big sombrero that one that covers Moore Park out to Coogee
Absolutely right Zappa.. It's all absolute bullshit and exposes the issues with the cap and TPA's.

I know that this year Cook is on his original cheap deal still and next year it goes up to 850k or so.. Reynolds is on like 900k, Walker is 600k from next year, would be on less this season as he's on his old deal..

Gagai won't be re-signed so that frees up 650k and they got roughly 2 million as a gift from Greenberg for Inglis and Burgess..

But even after factoring all of that in, in 2021 these 7 players alone would take up roughly $5 million, leaving an average of $200,000 for the rest of the 25 players in the squad. There's no fucking way on earth that's possible. But no one says or does anything about it..

Latrell: 800k
Reynolds: 900k
Cook: 850k
Arrow: 750k
Walker: 600k
Murray: 600k
Roberts: 500k

Meanwhile, struggling clubs like the Tigers and Titans etc all have cap issues because they have to overpay and make desperation signings with the scraps the cartel clubs don't want as they're forced to spend 90% of the cap.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how they implode with their superstar backline as they have possibly the worst forward pack in the nrl

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The gap between the top few teams and the rest in widening every year. But thats what happens when they get to play by different rules I guess.
Sort of. Roosters and Rabbitohs are both top teams, and this signing kind of makes up for the Rabbits losing G.I. but for a team like the Tigers who could'e really used a guy like Mitchell, it is a kick in the teeth.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone in charge of an NRL club has to look at the bidding wars for stars as an excuse to recruit the best talent scouts and junior coaches available. I certainly hope that our admin are working overtime to make our junior ranks as appealing to potential talent as they can. I don't care if they're recruited at 18 or 15. In the long term, the only way for those clubs that aren't NRL favorites to thrive is by getting at least a couple of good years out of gun juniors before they are poached by the glory clubs on huge contracts.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I've said all along he was always going to end up at the scabbitohs. This deal and subsequent "testing the market" charade was agreed too early in 2019 between Lardtrell and Crowe and was the catalyst for why Nick told him and his management to fark off. And while it may bite us on the arse, I cannot be more pleased with how my club has handled this situation. And I think the lack of responses to his Instagram post advising of his departure from current Roosters players is very telling on how he was perceived by the playing group. Not too many tears there.

Good luck to him, but I hope it turns to shit.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
As I've said all along he was always going to end up at the scabbitohs. This deal and subsequent "testing the market" charade was agreed too early in 2019 between Lardtrell and Crowe and was the catalyst for why Nick told him and his management to fark off. And while it may bite us on the arse, I cannot be more pleased with how my club has handled this situation. And I think the lack of responses to his Instagram post advising of his departure from current Roosters players is very telling on how he was perceived by the playing group. Not too many tears there.

Good luck to him, but I hope it turns to shit.
Funny you refer to them as scabbitohs when your mob not only recruits big names from other clubs, but rorts the Salary cap in the process.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny you refer to them as scabbitohs when your mob not only recruits big names from other clubs, but rorts the Salary cap in the process.

Then by all means report us. I eagerly await your exposé. lol.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So it's finally been announced, about fucking time.

Now he can join Roberts giving skeletor his daily rimjob, I'd imagine it would be a very messy one first thing in the morning

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scrap the cap or have a draft cause this system ain't working unless your the Roosters/Souths or even Brisbane/Storm.