Lachlan Lewis in swap deal with Addo Carr

Is swapping Lewis with Addo-Carr a good swap?

• Yes

Votes: 63 43.2%
  • No

Votes: 75 51.4%
  • This is too much pressure. AHH!!

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Something stinks down in melb, chambers and scott gone, suli and the fox going, either they can see no future in melb anymore or someones done a dog act.
By the way even if we got addo carr why would we need to swap a player, how arrogant are they, go to the market and find one with addo carrs contract worth.
How fucking childish.
I think they sense that Melbournes golden era is coming to an end with Smith and Bellamy on the verge of retiring and don't wanna be stuck in a rebuild.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Goes to show Carr's on 330k and has been poorly advised big time,employers have just totally ripped this guy off

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think they sense that Melbournes golden era is coming to an end with Smith and Bellamy on the verge of retiring and don't wanna be stuck in a rebuild.
Yep perfect time to have a crack at munster

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No its not just saying perfect time to have a crack at someone like munster as everyone is deserting the sinking ship
He would be an amazing signing... I believe the only way anyone could lure him from storm would be if he decided he wanted to play fullback again.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When did she say that?
We are negotiating with the Storm but they have conditions to be met before they release him
In one of her speeches when she first rocked up, im not going to find it but feel free to look.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was there not an article written early last season about the young blokes not being happy at melbourne, off memory im sure they were mentining young brandon the kiwi hooker as well.
I reckon something pissed them off at begginning of last season.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
In one of her speeches when she first rocked up, im not going to find it but feel free to look.
You can but I think you’ve misquoted her quite a bit

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is from an old Herald article in full context.. I don't think she said anything worth making a big deal about but at the same time I'm not sure what her point was in bringing Bella and Halligan up.... It was a bit of an odd quote...

‘And we do have a plan to rebuild,’’ she said. ‘‘We need to make wise choices. We need to build from the ground up. Chris did it in the ’90s ... he has talked about it with me. He said that back then they rebuilt around developing young players, but they targeted a front-rower and a goalkicker.

‘‘He got Marty Bella and Daryl Halligan and we went from there. We have a similar plan. It worked then and it can work again. The club also rebuilt after the salary cap scandal. We can do it.’’

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah i have because im not sold on her yet. I really like deano too but i give it to him as well.
We have no sponsor and no results so i think im right to keep questioning there old fashion thinking until proven otherwise.

Here u go ill say something positive, what herself and the coach have done is start making the place more attractive again for players to want to come play for our club. They must treat the players and there families pretty good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is from an old Herald article in full context.. I don't think she said anything worth making a big deal about but at the same time I'm not sure what her point was in bringing Bella and Halligan up.... It was a bit of an odd quote...

‘And we do have a plan to rebuild,’’ she said. ‘‘We need to make wise choices. We need to build from the ground up. Chris did it in the ’90s ... he has talked about it with me. He said that back then they rebuilt around developing young players, but they targeted a front-rower and a goalkicker.

‘‘He got Marty Bella and Daryl Halligan and we went from there. We have a similar plan. It worked then and it can work again. The club also rebuilt after the salary cap scandal. We can do it.’’
"It worked then and it can work again" LOL.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Messy management dispute threatens Josh Addo-Carr’s move from Storm

Josh Addo-Carr is in the middle of a messy management dispute. (AAP Image/Dan Himbrechts)Source: AAP
In a move that could jeopardise his Melbourne exit, Josh Addo-Carr has reportedly hired a lawyer to help his split from his management team.
According to The Sunday Telegraph, Addo-Carr, who is set to leave the Storm at the end of 2020, is reportedly unhappy with his contract after learning a fellow State of Origin winger is on $550,000.

Addo-Carr, whose current deal is said to be worth $330,000 in 2020 and $350,000 in 2021, is yet to field any offers from rival clubs after the Storm announced they would conditionally release him at the end of the season on compassionate grounds.
The Sunday Telegraph reports two individuals not connected with Addo-Carr’s management company Pacific Sports Management have contacted rivals on the NSW star’s behalf which is confusing the situation further.

Addo-Carr’s manager Chris Orr said he couldn’t see why Addo-Carr wanted out, saying “we have done a terrific job for him since taking him from the Tigers to the Storm and having his contract upgraded”.

Orr said he’d take legal action against anyone claiming to represent Addo-Carr.
Late last year the Storm confirmed they’d allow Addo-Carr to return to Sydney to be closer to family, but the club’s position hinged on them being able to secure a player of equal value in return.

If Addo-Carr is unable to find a club due to his messy management situation, he could be forced to remain at the Storm for the final year of his contract.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t know why but I just expect him to go Souths. It seems likely in my mind (just speculating here) and they will have 2 Australian rep players come over in 1 season after the nrl gave them leniency with Sam burger.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I don't think she means that they are literally planning to bring in a prop and winger now though its just what they needed back then.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

She’s talking about rebuilding around developing young players. Literally in the same sentence as a front rower and goal kicker.

I don’t know why some people take half a sentence out of context.