Tigers and the Bulldogs are leading the chase for Josh Addo-Carr

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If you were to pay JAC 650 (if that is what he is after), you would want him having the type of impact that Fergo has with his carries... Josh is easy to handle bar when he is in the clear
That's why I prefer balancing the edges. Big centre with a smaller winger outside him. Then smaller skillful centre and big winger outside him.
So for us we would have that sorted if Smith realises how big he is. Also the versatility of DWZ can cover us in various scenarios
2. Smith
3. Hoppa
4. ?
5. Addo-Carr *

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's why I prefer balancing the edges. Big centre with a smaller winger outside him. Then smaller skillful centre and big winger outside him.
So for us we would have that sorted if Smith realises how big he is. Also the versatility of DWZ can cover us in various scenarios
2. Smith
3. Hoppa
4. ?
5. Addo-Carr *
4. DWZ

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who's #1 - Meaney?
No. DWZ starts the year at fullback and we go from there, if he can't improve offensively then we look at other options, if he does then he stays there and we have no worries.

Maybe we look at blooding Averillo in at some stage, have him defend at centre and attack from fullback? All I know is we need to score points and our spine needs to be versatile and skilled enough to execute various roles.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't have DWZ at 4, takes away one of his biggest assets. Fullback, hopefully with a full pre-season and confidence improves ball playing and support.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we are a team with around 70% mediocre players, we have to start building on the few decent players we have if we expect to be competitive in the future, the club has to start making the hard calls and not resigning deadwood.
other clubs have no issue signing players for 2021 season a year in advance, yet we appear to be sitting back, we will have a lot of salary cap to spend, yet we will go into 2021 in the same position as we are in now

strike players and players who can make things happen in a game are not cheap we needs halves, a hooker, centers we need aggressive forwards , we need to do something soon we cannot rely on a broken down foran hes a liability not an asset, player like toulman while very consistent and reliable, he is not going to break a game open,
we keep hearing the club is working hard behind the scenes, thats good to hear, but we have seen very little to impress us or show they are doing anything towards improving our team

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No. DWZ starts the year at fullback and we go from there, if he can't improve offensively then we look at other options, if he does then he stays there and we have no worries.

Maybe we look at blooding Averillo in at some stage, have him defend at centre and attack from fullback? All I know is we need to score points and our spine needs to be versatile and skilled enough to execute various roles.
So Meaney's a non-starter for you? I guess that depends on whether JAC is signed or not.

silva

Utility
Reaction score

Dwzs our fullback best option easily

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dwzs our fullback best option easily
He's the best option to start the season but he's far from a long-term option until he shows improvement offensively.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, Meaney misses out if JAC is here.
I'd like to see how he's developed in the off-season. When I spoke to him at the forum he said he's done a lot of work with Reimis and they were planning to swap sides.
That won't happen if JAC comes with JAC at 5.
He's got pace and can finish - scored 6 tries at wing when he moved there and handy goal kicker.
I wasn't for Reimis in the centres but I think that's more because I don't think Okunbor deserves it at this point.
So I'd be interested in DWZ / Meaney / Smith / Hoppa / JAC if JAC comes.
As you say, maybe Averillo later, but he won't start Round 1.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He's the best option to start the season but he's far from a long-term option until he shows improvement offensively.
He can't keep bringing the ball back 100 miles an hour and just crash into the defence every kick return. Another serious injury waiting to happen.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd like to see how he's developed in the off-season. When I spoke to him at the forum he said he's done a lot of work with Reimis and they were planning to swap sides.
That won't happen if JAC comes with JAC at 5.
He's got pace and can finish - scored 6 tries at wing when he moved there and handy goal kicker.
I wasn't for Reimis in the centres but I think that's more because I don't think Okunbor deserves it at this point.
So I'd be interested in DWZ / Meaney / Smith / Hoppa / JAC if JAC comes.
As you say, maybe Averillo later, but he won't start Round 1.
Actually Meaney will start either way, I forgot Smith is moving to centre.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney and Okunbor both had good seasons and deserve their shot this year.. Really hoping Dean gives Smith a chance in the centres as it solves our centre issue, and gives the aforementioned both a starting spot for round 1... although Meaney we know will be there

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Was going to write that or put him wing... but didn't want to be trounced on by all the people that see him as the best fullback in the league lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yes, Meaney misses out if JAC is here.
I like Meaney but yes this will have to happen unless DWZ goes to the wing... I'm not sold on Smith at centre but it seems it will be happening

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ahhh... good old exaggeration lol.

Stop having a cry mate. No one's stopping you from having an opinion.
I'd just rather not sift through the notifications when I know what they will be lol.