Tigers and the Bulldogs are leading the chase for Josh Addo-Carr

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate listen, there are people watching this situation closely, and if things don't improve both recruitment wise and sponsorship wise do not be surprised for calls of an EGM mid next year.
Particularly if we are near the bottom of the ladder.
What a load of rubbish. If these people were so worried they would have put their hand up for this up coming election not sitting back and waiting 3 months after it. There’s no way they would get the required signatures to force a EGM a few months after a election.

Weren’t you also saying a few months a rival ticket was ready to go and the board would be in trouble? What happened to that?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no way you reackon?

What a load of rubbish. If these people were so worried they would have put their hand up for this up coming election not sitting back and waiting 3 months after it. There’s no way they would get the required signatures to force a EGM a few months after a election.

Weren’t you also saying a few months a rival ticket was ready to go and the board would be in trouble? What happened to that?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no way you reackon?
Not going to happen and it’s a stupid strategy to get onto the board if they are going to wait until a few months AFTER a election to make their push.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Only 650k??? That's cheap isn't it?
A good price for us if we're interested. Ferguson on 500k (also a good price imo) and he's 29.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Heard he’s after $650k tbh id rather us persist with meany/oku put remis at centre
Edit: just realised i forgot Hopoate in this post. Hes an auto pick with Reimus. If we get Carr we lose at least 1 of Meaney or Okunbor. Headache. I like both.

That in mind we need Carr less, but i couldnt say no to him coming.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A good price for us if we're interested. Ferguson on 500k (also a good price imo) and he's 29.
Agree. Don't think it's too too much to pay but ... we still need a centre, half, and hooker ...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Edit: just realised i forgot Hopoate in this post. Hes an auto pick with Reimus. If we get Carr we lose at least 1 of Meaney or Okunbor. Headache. I like both.

That in mind we need Carr less, but i couldnt say no to him coming.
Both would be a lower preference than trying Reimis in the centres. I think as much potential as Meaney or Oko have they both are miles behind Addo Carr and we need strike badly.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both would be a lower preference than trying Reimis in the centres. I think as much potential as Meaney or Oko have they both are miles behind Addo Carr and we need strike badly.
This. I get Oko is a local junior and he trampled Smith a couple of times but Fox is obviously so much better a winger.

And obviously, Fox has a price tag that this board would never, ever contemplate.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Source https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/josh-a...ne-storm/1657cd99-d1a3-48cd-8a58-1b0e1c1d8206
"Addo-Carr is on $330,000 this year, according to The Sunday Telegraph", and "angry when he discovered that a fellow State of Origin winger was making $550,000 per season".

To me this confirms 2 things, firstly that Melbourne get away with paying players less because they are in a city all on their own and the players don't have regular contact with other NRL players and player agents. Secondly that some SoO wingers get paid $550k, despite what some on here believe that they "should" get paid or, more to the point, what they are "worth". The real question is is JAC worth the same or maybe even a bit more than any one of the other 3 x SOO wingers? Obviously leaving out TTrbojevic as he's not a "winger".

For some fun, who exactly is the SoO winger on $550k, Ferguson, Oates or Gagai (last years SoO wingers). My guess is Ferguson 8-)

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Source https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/josh-a...ne-storm/1657cd99-d1a3-48cd-8a58-1b0e1c1d8206
"Addo-Carr is on $330,000 this year, according to The Sunday Telegraph", and "angry when he discovered that a fellow State of Origin winger was making $550,000 per season".

To me this confirms 2 things, firstly that Melbourne get away with paying players less because they are in a city all on their own and the players don't have regular contact with other NRL players and player agents. Secondly that some SoO wingers get paid $550k, despite what some on here believe that they "should" get paid or, more to the point, what they are "worth". The real question is is JAC worth the same or maybe even a bit more than any one of the other 3 x SOO wingers? Obviously leaving out TTrbojevic as he's not a "winger".

For some fun, who exactly is the SoO winger on $550k, Ferguson, Oates or Gagai (last years SoO wingers). My guess is Ferguson 8-)

Go Dogs
I'd say both Ferguson and Oates are on 500-550k. Gagai is on about 650k this year. Addo Carr is better than all three and is justified to want to earn as much or more than them..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you were to pay JAC 650 (if that is what he is after), you would want him having the type of impact that Fergo has with his carries... Josh is easy to handle bar when he is in the clear

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO we are in desperate need of a strike left centre, not a winger. And/Or a classy attacking half which unfortunately there are very few of.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
***** a freak on another level to what we have now. Hes worth paying even 800k the value hel bring. Can turn half a chance into a try and will turn momentum in games.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Storm saved JAC career. He was in a dark place at the Tigers. He deserves an upgrade now (either at the Storm - as we know not going to happen, or somewhere else). Also Storm were and are a top team so they can pay players a bit less. Also just look at the type of players they usually target (we're trying to do the same).