2020 memberships

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perth and Brisbane are money.
The NRL and WA Government loosen the purse strings to promote the game in the west.
Same for Magic Round - NRL compensates the clubs who give up a home game for Brisbane.
The revenue received far exceeds any gate/food/bar takings at Belmore.
Does that short change Sydney based fans and membership value? Sure - but you simply can't turn down that coin.
If we had 25000 members paying an average of $200 each per season I bet they wouldn't go anywhere - unfortunately the numbers are nowhere near that in volume or spend per member.
That’s exactly why they have done the stadium allocations like they have. Anyone thinking Belmore is able to handle more then a couple of games a year are kidding themselves. The facilities are just not up to scratch. The clubs corporate sponsors would walk away because there’s only a few open air boxes which is fine for a game or two but not anymore then that.

Then for the regular fans if there’s any type of weather leading up to a game you’d be lucky to get 5k to the game. Belmore is a nice novelty but it would soon wear thin. I’m sure the club will run buses from Belmore to Parra anyway for our games if it’s such a problem for some getting there. Playing games at Parra Stadium is the only logical choice when you consider everything.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Choices, how about not taking the Storm game to Perth and playing it at Belmore. How about playing the Cowboys home game at Belmore, like we have numerous times. How about not giving up a home game at ANZ for the stupid “magic” round. How about reminding the NRL that ANZ won’t be available after June and demanding more home games before that to compensate us Bulldogs fans. One game at effen Parramatta would have been OK, but 4 games is ridiculous
Was not that long ago Kniggits upgraded their stadium, and the NRL arranged the draw so that they had no home games during construction. Pretty sure I remember them doing it for other clubs.

Up to round 15 (25th June) we get:
- 5 ANZ (rd2,4,6,13,15),
- 1 BSG (rd10), and
- 1 Suncorp (rd8 Magic shit).
- The rest are away (one of which is rd5 vs Souffs at ANZ).
- Round 17 is the first BW home game.
- Rounds 7,10,11,12 have no NRL games at ANZ (I’m not sure if there’s other stuff on those weekends at ANZ)

I wonder if the club requested more home games pre June and were ignored, or the club didn’t think to ask.

I guess with ANZ out of action until 2023, the general consensus was why put in effort to appease fans with some more home games for 2020 when it will be unavailable for the following 2 years anyway.

And just on Magic shit, we lose a home game for the 2nd time, and Donks lose an away game for the 2nd time. I understand there’s increased gate receipts, but how exactly is that fair comp-wise?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Perth and Brisbane are money.
The NRL and WA Government loosen the purse strings to promote the game in the west.
Same for Magic Round - NRL compensates the clubs who give up a home game for Brisbane.
The revenue received far exceeds any gate/food/bar takings at Belmore.
Does that short change Sydney based fans and membership value? Sure - but you simply can't turn down that coin.
If we had 25000 members paying an average of $200 each per season I bet they wouldn't go anywhere - unfortunately the numbers are nowhere near that in volume or spend per member.
I actually don’t care how much the NRL pays us, it’s simply not worth it in the long turn. We don’t just lose supporters/members for one game we lose them for a season, we lose them for multiple seasons, we lose them forever. And we don’t lose just them we lose their wives, their kids, their grandkids, brothers, sisters, in laws, there are multipliers at work here.

There’s 25 Rounds and we (the supporters/members) are entitled to expect 12 or 13 home games every season. We deserve 12 or 13 home games every season. We should be demanding 12 or 13 home games. Not 7, seriously 7 home games, FFS that’s an insult, it’s insulting to the people who go to the games, it’s an insult to the people that pay full price for season tickets and get half worth a season of home games.

Go Dogs.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I actually don’t care how much the NRL pays us, it’s simply not worth it in the long turn. We don’t just lose supporters/members for one game we lose them for a season, we lose them for multiple seasons, we lose them forever. And we don’t lose just them we lose their wives, their kids, their grandkids, brothers, sisters, in laws, there are multipliers at work here.

There’s 25 Rounds and we (the supporters/members) are entitled to expect 12 or 13 home games every season. We deserve 12 or 13 home games every season. We should be demanding 12 or 13 home games. Not 7, seriously 7 home games, FFS that’s an insult, it’s insulting to the people who go to the games, it’s an insult to the people that pay full price for season tickets and get half worth a season of home games.

Go Dogs.
Still not sure exactly what you expect the club to do - Belmore is not feasible, there's really no other choice and you don't like Parramatta - that's a personal choice.
I personally don't see the fuss and think supporting the team is more important.
But of course to each their own, I'm sure you'll watch the Bankwest games on TV and cheer for the Dogs.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Still not sure exactly what you expect the club to do - Belmore is not feasible, there's really no other choice and you don't like Parramatta - that's a personal choice.
I personally don't see the fuss and think supporting the team is more important.
But of course to each their own, I'm sure you'll watch the Bankwest games on TV and cheer for the Dogs.
I believe my expectations are very reasonable, I don’t think it unrealistic to expect the NRL not to make us give up home advantage 2 years in a row for the “magic” round. The one that forces us to watch a home game on TV, takes away our choice. Equally I don’t think it’s unfair to expect that, when scheduling this season, the NRL should have taken into account that our home ground wouldn’t be available after June. There is plenty of precedent where teams have had their draw allow for the unavailability of their home ground. Why not treat us the same? Is that not a reasonable expectation? A little respect for us supporters/members wouldn’t go astray, that’s all I expect.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I believe my expectations are very reasonable, I don’t think it unrealistic to expect the NRL not to make us give up home advantage 2 years in a row for the “magic” round. The one that forces us to watch a home game on TV, takes away our choice. Equally I don’t think it’s unfair to expect that, when scheduling this season, the NRL should have taken into account that our home ground wouldn’t be available after June. There is plenty of precedent where teams have had their draw allow for the unavailability of their home ground. Why not treat us the same? Is that not a reasonable expectation? A little respect for us supporters/members wouldn’t go astray, that’s all I expect.

Go Dogs
We’ll get our own back with Magic Round where it’ll be an away game - it’ll all come out in the wash.

As far as ‘equal treatment’ goes - most likely because ANZ is a multi-tenant facility and it’s just not possible to please everyone - Dogs, Pesky Wabbits and Tigers.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
I don’t want the clubs season compromised by having a glut of away games to finish the season when wins could be crucial all because it puts you out by having to travel a little further.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t want the clubs season compromised by having a glut of away games to finish the season when wins could be crucial all because it puts you out by having to travel a little further.
The last 2 years our problems have been how we start the season, not how we finish it. A few extra home games might just give us the edge to get our season off to a good start. Something I think most would agree we desperately need, getting off to a flier.

Having 2 Belmore games replace 2 Parramatta games post June would help not hurt the end of season run. FFS we play the Cowboys in Round 2 and then again in Round 7, a made for Belmore game. The NRL could have easily done the right thing with that one. Giving up another Belmore friendly game and playing the Storm in Perth, who thinks that’s a good idea, not me for sure.

It’s 100% BS that just because ANZ isn’t available we absolutely have to play at Parramatta, there were plenty of options available to avoid that stupidity. Plainly we are paying for it in our membership, not just this year but in the years to come.

A single or maybe 2 games at Parramatta would be acceptable, but 4 is seriously ridiculous and could have easily been avoided. All it would have taken to fix that is a bit of cooperation from the NRL, nothing more than what they have given to other teams when their home ground is unavailable.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The last 2 years our problems have been how we start the season, not how we finish it. A few extra home games might just give us the edge to get our season off to a good start. Something I think most would agree we desperately need, getting off to a flier.

Having 2 Belmore games replace 2 Parramatta games post June would help not hurt the end of season run. FFS we play the Cowboys in Round 2 and then again in Round 7, a made for Belmore game. The NRL could have easily done the right thing with that one. Giving up another Belmore friendly game and playing the Storm in Perth, who thinks that’s a good idea, not me for sure.

It’s 100% BS that just because ANZ isn’t available we absolutely have to play at Parramatta, there were plenty of options available to avoid that stupidity. Plainly we are paying for it in our membership, not just this year but in the years to come.

A single or maybe 2 games at Parramatta would be acceptable, but 4 is seriously ridiculous and could have easily been avoided. All it would have taken to fix that is a bit of cooperation from the NRL, nothing more than what they have given to other teams when their home ground is unavailable.

Go Dogs
You don’t want any part of the draw that is uneven with home/away games full stop. The draw we have been given gives us a chance to get off to a flier.

You know it’s the club that asked to have the home game for Magic Round again don’t you and it’s the clubs decisions on how many Belmore games we play and the Perth game. It’s all about maximising revenue. Belmore games are lucky to break even and usually lose money. Our record at Belmore is horrendous since returning so I’m not sure how you can say it would help with the run home.

I’m more then happy with the club’s decision about Parra it gives us everything we need. Seeing as we will be playing the majority of games there in 2021 I don’t see why the club would have turned everything upside down just to get a few extra games at ANZ. I can’t wait to see the end of games at ANZ it has the atmosphere of a funeral.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs

Not sure I understand your problem with playing at Parramatta. As a ground to watch football it shits all over Belmore, the surrounding infrastructure is better than Belmore, as well as Belmore being a graveyard for us the last few years.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
On another note are we meant to have started receiving our members packs yet?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
On another note are we meant to have started receiving our members packs yet?
They said at the Member Forum last month Member Packs would arrive before the end of January. The club re-opens for business today after the Christmas break so expect some movement on this in the next two weeks.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure I understand your problem with playing at Parramatta. As a ground to watch football it shits all over Belmore, the surrounding infrastructure is better than Belmore, as well as Belmore being a graveyard for us the last few years.
I think I have spelled out my issues with playing at Parramatta too many times already, so in brief, the public transport is crap, it would take 4 changes, 2 buses and 2 trains, for me to get to Parramatta. Including the bus from the station to the ground, that's around and hour and half travelling, both ways, and that's if the connections line up. That's more time spent getting to the game than actually watching the game (in comparison ANZ and Belmore are 20 and 15 minutes). As for driving, it's even harder parking there than it is at Belmore. I don't know where you sit at Belmore but the seating location that we were offered at Parramatta was far worse, a lot further from the centre of field. So no chance that it would be better for watching football than Belmore. As for graveyards I'm not sure Parramatta is better, especially with the reduced number of members that has to be partially as a result of playing so many games away from home.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think I have spelled out my issues with playing at Parramatta too many times already, so in brief, the public transport is crap, it would take 4 changes, 2 buses and 2 trains, for me to get to Parramatta. Including the bus from the station to the ground, that's around and hour and half travelling, both ways, and that's if the connections line up. That's more time spent getting to the game than actually watching the game (in comparison ANZ and Belmore are 20 and 15 minutes). As for driving, it's even harder parking there than it is at Belmore. I don't know where you sit at Belmore but the seating location that we were offered at Parramatta was far worse, a lot further from the centre of field. So no chance that it would be better for watching football than Belmore. As for graveyards I'm not sure Parramatta is better, especially with the reduced number of members that has to be partially as a result of playing so many games away from home.

Go Dogs
Have you been to a game at Bankwest mate?

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Right, so this is from a point of view of whats easier for you personally.

In regards to parking, you can park at the leagues club right next door. With Belmore you have to get there early if you want half a chance to be able to find parking on the street. Several times I have driven all the way there only to have to drive home again because there is nowhere to park. I have NEVER had to do that at any other ground.

At Belmore they put my seats in the front row where the walkway is on the grandstand side. And I have 4 x platinum memberships. Its so much fun having to yell at people to get out of the way all day as they stop and stand there to watch the game. No such problem with Bankwest.

IMO Bankwest shits all over Belmore for watching the footy. As someone who grew up going to Belmore for home games I have alot of fond memories of the ground, but it has had its time.

I think we played 2 x games at Bankwest last year and won them both. Have we even won 2 x games at Belmore in the last 3 years?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you been to a game at Bankwest mate?
Yes and I absolutely hated it, I was there for Canterbury Cup Grand Final, took me over an hour to get on the bus to the station. Then over an hour and half to get home after 2 train changes and another bus. Since then I have checked out my supposed Bulldogs Members seat and it is ~10 metres further away from centre field than my equivalent seat at Belmore. Sure it's a nice stadium but nowhere remotely near "nice" enough to compensate for it's location.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes and I absolutely hated it, I was there for Canterbury Cup Grand Final, took me over an hour to get on the bus to the station. Then over an hour and half to get home after 2 train changes and another bus. Since then I have checked out my supposed Bulldogs Members seat and it is ~10 metres further away from centre field than my equivalent seat at Belmore. Sure it's a nice stadium but nowhere remotely near "nice" enough to compensate for it's location.

Go Dogs
Fair enough mate. I was against Parramatta but it’s warmed on me after seeing the stadium. I was looked after with my seats too. I drive a fair way to the games and would personally rank ANZ & Bankwest ahead of Belmore for convenience, parking & comfort. All those trains do sound like a massive pain though and I don’t blame you

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Right, so this is from a point of view of whats easier for you personally.
Of course it's all about me, me and me again. After all I'm the one who pays for the membership. I'm the one who spends longer travelling to and from the game than the game itself lasts. I'm the one who's seat is further away from the game. I'm the one who doesn't get to go to our Leagues club after the game. What do you expect, that I should be happy for someone else, who doesn't have the same issues as I do? Someone who lives in Parramatta is probably ecstatic that our games are being played there, no help to me. Maybe I'm not the only one who isn't renewing, maybe it's not just me, is it not possible that one of the reasons for the lower numbers of members this year has something to do with the lack of "home" games?

In regards to parking, you can park at the leagues club right next door. With Belmore you have to get there early if you want half a chance to be able to find parking on the street. Several times I have driven all the way there only to have to drive home again because there is nowhere to park. I have NEVER had to do that at any other ground.
I have been going to games at Belmore since I was 9 and my dad or I have never ever had a problem finding a parking spot. He taught me where to park and don't ask I'm not telling you.

At Belmore they put my seats in the front row where the walkway is on the grandstand side. And I have 4 x platinum memberships. Its so much fun having to yell at people to get out of the way all day as they stop and stand there to watch the game. No such problem with Bankwest.
That's a reflection of your seating not mine, mine are better at Belmore.

IMO Bankwest shits all over Belmore for watching the footy. As someone who grew up going to Belmore for home games I have alot of fond memories of the ground, but it has had its time.
You are fully entitled to your opinion, just as I am to mine.

I think we played 2 x games at Bankwest last year and won them both. Have we even won 2 x games at Belmore in the last 3 years?
Damn shame to, but there is only one way to reverse that, play at Belmore.

I think you need to go back and read my posts, I wasn't suggesting substituting Belmore 100% for Parramatta. In brief, we usually have 2 games at Belmore, next year we have 1. Usually it's a Storm game, which next year is in Perth FFS. Plus a Cowboys game which for some unfathomable reason is at ANZ next year. For other teams the NRL has juggled their home and away schedule to suite the unavailability of their home ground, I see zero evidence of that being extended to us. I'd be OK with 1 or 2 games at Parramatta, but 4 is ridiculous. All that is required for more appeal to members is one more at Belmore and one more at ANZ, under those circumstances I'd renew my full season ticket. As it is I'll probably grab a 3 or 5 game pack, of which precisely zero will be used going to Parramatta.

Go Dogs

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course it's all about me, me and me again. After all I'm the one who pays for the membership. I'm the one who spends longer travelling to and from the game than the game itself lasts. I'm the one who's seat is further away from the game. I'm the one who doesn't get to go to our Leagues club after the game. What do you expect, that I should be happy for someone else, who doesn't have the same issues as I do? Someone who lives in Parramatta is probably ecstatic that our games are being played there, no help to me. Maybe I'm not the only one who isn't renewing, maybe it's not just me, is it not possible that one of the reasons for the lower numbers of members this year has something to do with the lack of "home" games?

I have been going to games at Belmore since I was 9 and my dad or I have never ever had a problem finding a parking spot. He taught me where to park and don't ask I'm not telling you.

That's a reflection of your seating not mine, mine are better at Belmore.

You are fully entitled to your opinion, just as I am to mine.

Damn shame to, but there is only one way to reverse that, play at Belmore.

I think you need to go back and read my posts, I wasn't suggesting substituting Belmore 100% for Parramatta. In brief, we usually have 2 games at Belmore, next year we have 1. Usually it's a Storm game, which next year is in Perth FFS. Plus a Cowboys game which for some unfathomable reason is at ANZ next year. For other teams the NRL has juggled their home and away schedule to suite the unavailability of their home ground, I see zero evidence of that being extended to us. I'd be OK with 1 or 2 games at Parramatta, but 4 is ridiculous. All that is required for more appeal to members is one more at Belmore and one more at ANZ, under those circumstances I'd renew my full season ticket. As it is I'll probably grab a 3 or 5 game pack, of which precisely zero will be used going to Parramatta.

Go Dogs
Mate not saying you're not entitled to your opinion, all Im saying is my experience is the exact opposite to you so I am happy. The less games we play out of Belmore the better.