Official Latrell Mitchell to Souths

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Channel 7 news, Latrine to sign for 2 years and should be officially announced tomorrow, and the unedited version 'fucktard latrine to sign for 2 years with the cheating C**TS souffs'.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If I was the Roosters I'd have released him at 11:59pm on January 31st just to fuck with SouFFs.
Wouldn't have had to pay him any more and would have a negative impact on SouFFs pre-season.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So he’s setting him and his family up and wants to retire at 30, yet is going to lose a mil over 2 years that he could have got at Tigers.....

A lot of BS goes around quite easy.

800k a year for him is a bargain, see what/if he brings any dramas though. Be good to see the backend of this

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know the NRL are doing all they can to facilitate the "Pride of the League", but I think they are going to struggle... Latrell was able to get away with his laziness at the Roosters due to having such a solid unit around him.. but Souths don't have that, and we saw how vulnerable they already are when they met the Roosters in the semis
I used to have a soft spot for Souths because they usually always lost and most of there fans didn’t have teeth, however, ever since Rusty joined them and they signed GI and Sammy then Shane Richardson jumped on board I’ve noticed a shift in power with them and they have become like what they most despise, the Roosters. I’ll will give them credit to the point where they have evolved beyond just being “the pride of the league” and “the peoples team” and discarded old school dictators like George Piggins and have actually been run as a successful business football club. In saying this my respect for them and the NRL started back when the Black Friday game was played and we the better team on the day was beaten, beaten by a system so corrupt thanks to Mr Gerrard Sutton so generously giving Souths a massive helping hand that day and almost every game since! I hate Souths almost as much as I do the Roosters these days, and the NRL allowing them to medically retire GI and Burgess then sign Arrow and Mitchell just reeks of corruption equal to the rorters and Politis.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I used to have a soft spot for Souths because they usually always lost and most of there fans didn’t have teeth, however, ever since Rusty joined them and they signed GI and Sammy then Shane Richardson jumped on board I’ve noticed a shift in power with them and they have become like what they most despise, the Roosters. I’ll will give them credit to the point where they have evolved beyond just being “the pride of the league” and “the peoples team” and discarded old school dictators like George Piggins and have actually been run as a successful business football club. In saying this my respect for them and the NRL started back when the Black Friday game was played and we the better team on the day was beaten, beaten by a system so corrupt thanks to Mr Gerrard Sutton so generously giving Souths a massive helping hand that day and almost every game since! I hate Souths almost as much as I do the Roosters these days, and the NRL allowing them to medically retire GI and Burgess then sign Arrow and Mitchell just reeks of corruption equal to the rorters and Politis.
Souths are like Chester J Lampwick... Was poor and got help off everyone. Then once he got his millions and solid gold house he changed

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I get what you're saying... they definitely did a 360 as a club... I just got sick of them when I used to watch their games and whenever they were on the back foot, or were being bullied... they would receive piggybacks until they were back in the game... this went on for a few seasons... I know that sounds like a conspiracy but I remember it vividly, and you could predict when it was going to happen, that's how bad it was... then it kinda mellowed out after 2014.... but for me, that's what made Black Friday so much harder to cop

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever since they got kicked out, I’ve hated Souffs. When the ARL were rationalising the comp, every team except Souffs did what they could to meet the requirements...even if that meant merging.

Souffs instead thought they were bigger than the league and did nothing. Then when they got kicked out, they whinged and complained and marched and said it wasn’t fair.

Then they won that court case. Ever since they’ve had such a chip on their shoulder...I fucking hate them as much as Rorters.

If LM does his ACL round 1, I’ll feel sorry for him but I will laugh and laugh at Souffs...

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
So if $800k is a bargain for LM, what’s fair coin for a decent centre these days?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucking outh we were the better team on that Good Friday bro... we always had them covered on Good Friday until the refs were given the directive to assist them to win... you could see that game towards the end of last year they struggle when they play us.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So if $800k is a bargain for LM, what’s fair coin for a decent centre these days?
If you just look at the player for a club in our position (which Latrell isn't going to since he's going to the Rabbitohs - opposite end of the spectrum) it's a good price. Everyone has a different opinion on what Latrell is worth but for me nothing has changed since he went on the market and that's 700k. We're obviously not going to be able to compete with the majority of other clubs in signing players if there's competition for the same player.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think this board is over paying many players tbh. To me they look like cheapskates if anything lol

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s over! Latrell Mitchell to sign with South Sydney Rabbitohs TODAY
  • January 13, 2020 6:57am
  • by Staff writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Latrell Mitchell will join the Rabbitohs today.Source: Getty Images
The saga surrounding Latrell Mitchell’s playing future is reportedly set to end with the 22-year to sign with South Sydney on Monday.
Multiple news outlets including the Sydney Morning Herald and Daily Telegraph are reporting Mitchell will sign a one-year deal with a one-year option in the Rabbitohs’ favour.

Mitchell will have to meet a set of performance-based targets with Souths having until June 30 to decide if they want to exercise that option.
The first year of the deal is reportedly worth $600,000 with that to jump to $800,000 if the second year is triggered. It is understood that Mitchell received a verbal guarantee that he will be handed the fullback position.

It means Mitchell will earn significantly less than what the Roosters were initially prepared to offer the NSW and Kangaroos representative when they tabled a two-year contract extension last year.
It brings to an end a dramatic 48-hours of negotiations after the Roosters threatened to block any move to their bitter rivals unless a repayment of $116,000 in wages earned since November 1 was made.

But at 3.30pm on Sunday the defending premiers agreed to release Mitchell pending payment of an outstanding fee to one of his former managers.

Mitchell, who was on Sunday night driving back from Taree where he spent the weekend, is now expected to sign his new deal on Monday morning before it is sent to the NRL salary cap auditor. He will then front a press conference on Monday afternoon.
Mitchell prematurely announced his exit from the Roosters in an Instagram post last week.

“I want to thank the Sydney Roosters for everything they have done for me and my family,” Mitchell wrote.

“I cannot describe the way I feel right now but just wanted to let everyone know involved in my career through my stint here, I am so very grateful for you all.

“To the fans, thank you! It wouldn’t be a game without you.

“Nothing has been made official as of yet. But my stay at the Roosters has come to an end. On to the next chapter, wherever that may be.”

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/13/rabbitohs-announce-latrell-mitchell-signing-for-2020/

Latrell signs with Rabbitohs
Author
Dan WalshNRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Mon 13 Jan 2020, 02:42 PM

Share on social media
Latrell Mitchell has been officially unveiled as South Sydney's newest star signing, bringing one of the game's most public contract sagas to an end and adding another chapter to the fabled Rabbitohs-Roosters rivalry.

Mitchell has signed a two-year deal at Redfern, starting in 2020 and with the 2021 component an option in the club's favour.

"I feel a lot clearer with what's going on, it's the longest holiday I've had," Mitchell said on Monday afternoon as he faced the media.

"I didn't want to rush anything. I love the Roosters and didn't want to regret anything.

"It was more an individual decision, I've seen the clashes between who the Rabbitohs come up against and I want to be a part of that. I want to see where Wayne can take my footy as a coach.

"Mentally I've dealt with it well for my age. Going through the stage where everyone was speculating. It hit my family the most. My mum was in tears with all the stories and that's where it hit home. That's the hardest part about all this stuff.

"I just wanted to hold off and explore everything. If I jumped into that Tigers deal I knew I would've regretted it.

"It came up to Christmas and New Year where I just needed to make a decision and get into a routine. I haven't woken up at 7.30 in a while."

Mitchell was officially released by the Roosters earlier in the day having been given a leave of absence from training and had an initial extension offer pulled off the table two months ago.

The final negotiations of Mitchell's Rabbitohs deal are understood to have been hamstrung by a push from the Roosters for compensation of the $117,000 they have paid the Test and Origin gun since November.

That demand has not been met, but sets up another mouth-watering clash between the two foundation clubs when Mitchell takes on his former teammates for the first time in round three at ANZ Stadium.

All of Latrell Mitchell's tries from 2019

All of Latrell Mitchell's tries from 2019

"It's been a long time coming, we're happy it got to this stage with the contract signed and we thank the Roosters for releasing Latrell and allowing him to get on with his football career," Richardson said.

"Latrell is a sublime talent and with the guidance of our coaching staff, senior players and mentors, we think Latrell can go to another level in the red and green.

"He has the ability to be one of the best players in the world and from our discussions with him he understands that it’s going to take a lot of hard work and effort for him to be at his best consistently and to reach his full potential.

"He will get that opportunity at the Rabbitohs, working with some wonderful mentors here in Wayne (Bennett), Jason (Demetriou), Ben (Hornby), Greg (Inglis), John (Sutton) and Sam (Burgess), and we’re really looking forward to seeing Latrell at his peak wearing the famous cardinal and myrtle jersey that so many greats of the game have worn before him."

For his part, Bennett is clearly delighted to have the opportunity to work with the two-time premiership player.

"He's a huge player for us to have and with what he's done at his age," Bennett said.

"His best football is in front of him. We all feel humbled he wants to be part of us. He didn't come for the money, he came for what it meant to him."

Mitchell echoed his new coach's comments on his motivation for joining the Rabbitohs.

"Everyone thinks I wanted to chase the money but it wasn't," he said.

"Coming out of the Roosters who gave me everything in my career I can't bring the words for the Roosters. I just want to chase something else now.

"I want to find that love for footy again. I thought my life was too structured, it was always about you've got to do this and that."

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we don't see this bonehead in a Blues jersey again

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
So how many players has Souths bought with burgeers money ?