Sydney CBD climate protest attracts over 30,000 people

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Ok, but as I asked before: lets forget the concept of climate change for a second:
Option 1 is more expensive to develop, produces harmful pollution and is finite.

Option 2 is cheaper, cleaner on the environment and humans, insulates our economy and at least part of the mix is renewable.

Doesn't option 2 just make more logical sense?
Won’t argue with opinion 2 but Australia can go all clean and environmentally friendly shit but Australia won’t even do nothing on a global scale it’s a water drop in the ocean.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You haven't got the slightest of clues on what Science is.

The closest you get to "science" is, that you are a Science Terrorist
You're absolutely correct i haven't got the slightest clue about scientific studies

Screenshot_20200112-120114_Facebook.jpg

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
1. Fossil fuels
2. Baseload nuclear, backed up by hydro power (potentially geothermal) and personal residence solar
Option 2 100%

But is Australia ready to give up billions of dollars of revenue from selling evil fossil fuel to the worlds largest contributors?

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone who comes out name calling and abusing anyone who doesn’t agree with them and has a difference of opinion is a fucking idiot, no matter what side they are on.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But as I said before it won’t change nothing as Australia is a drop in the ocean compared for example India.
India and china have got plans to reduce coal usage and are already implementing them.

China has the largest renewable expenditure, india has targets of a 50% reduction in coal in thr next 10 yrs

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
But as I said before it won’t change nothing as Australia is a drop in the ocean compared for example India.
Careful bro, you have to mention your feelings, not facts. Facts are triggering to hive mentality sheep.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
India and china have got plans to reduce coal usage and are already implementing them.

China has the largest renewable expenditure, india has targets of a 50% reduction in coal in thr next 10 yrs
Even after all that it’s still a massive difference compared to Australia .

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Won’t argue with opinion 2 but Australia can go all clean and environmentally friendly shit but Australia won’t even do nothing on a global scale it’s a water drop in the ocean.
We hear the argument all the time, "but what about China?" As they're the world's highest produces of greenhouse gases but you never hear that they're also the world's leader in renewables.

After China drops below us, what arguments do we have left?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone who comes out name calling and abusing anyone who doesn’t agree with them and has a difference of opinion is a fucking idiot, no matter what side they are on.
So you calling them fucking idiots isn't abuse.... got ya.

Great leading by example

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Careful bro, you have to mention your feelings, not facts. Facts are triggering to hive mentality sheep.
TBH I couldn’t care less as I believe that all this climate shit is nothing compared to what’s about to happen, and you know what I’m talking about.
ww3

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Even after all that it’s still a massive difference compared to Australia .
Our exports go to those two countries a lot. If you take our exports into consideration we contribute 30% of e mmissions.

Why cant we invest in finding a solution with renewables and export that solution?

To find a solution we would have to invest in research and development, instead our government cuts funding to the CSIRO because they don't like what they're hearing