Sydney CBD climate protest attracts over 30,000 people

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.science.org.au/news-and...ases/statement-regarding-australian-bushfires

As an independent and authoritative scientific adviser to the parliament and to the nation, the Academy draws on the scientific expertise of Australia’s leading scientists—the Fellows of the Academy.

The scientific evidence base shows that as the world warms due to human induced climate change, we experience an increase in the frequency and severity of extreme weather events.

As a nation, we must deal with extreme weather events more effectively than we currently do. As such events become more frequent and severe, we must adapt Australia and Australians accordingly, as well as strengthen mitigation efforts....

.... The Academy is aware that Australians are looking for trustworthy information and answers about the links between climate change and the bushfires. With much misinformation in the public domain about the cause and impacts of the bushfires, we urge Australians to continue to consult reputable sources of evidence-based information such as the Australian Academy of Science, CSIRO and the Bureau of Meteorology.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And I’ll keep a look out for the thread where you post anything worthwhile or intelligent but that’s not happening either lol
You're absolutely right, how fucking stupid of me to expect you to be non-hypocritical

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I guess global warming bullshit is winning.
There making people talk about it and convincing them it’s real.
Honestly to me it’s all bullshit they use people’s misery and misfortune to sell there shit.
Look at the top 5 bushfires that’s happened in Australia.
Black Saturday 2009
Ash Friday 1983
Black Friday 1939
Black Tuesday 1967
Black Sunday 1926
This isn’t the first time or the last time Australia will burn.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do these jobless, uneducated centrelink recipients really think the major contributors care about their autistic screeching and their crayon drawn signs?

PS Australia as a whole contributes fuck all to all this crap. Actually we supply the major contributors with coal.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly to me it’s all bullshit they use people’s misery and misfortune to sell there shit.
Black Saturday 2009
Ash Friday 1983
Black Friday 1939
Black Tuesday 1967
Black Sunday 1926
Look climate change is real..the proof is my hair.. What used to be a lush forest is now just a barren wasteland.. Plus down my pants..my once proud strong sturdy Redwood Tree..is now as weak as a sapling..

Please take action before my balls shrink further and my ass loosens.. Or the world will truly be filled with a vile toxic methane odour..so foul the oceans will boil..and the fish will die..and the skies will turn blood red.. Beware people..you have been warned..

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Look climate change is real..the proof is my hair.. What used to be a lush forest is now just a barren wasteland.. Plus down my pants..my once proud strong sturdy Redwood Tree..is now as weak as a sapling..

Please take action before my balls shrink further and my ass loosens.. Or the world will truly be filled with a vile toxic methane odour..so foul the oceans will boil..and the fish will die..and the skies will turn blood red.. Beware people..you have been warned..
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah fucking gold.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To the leftists, activists, communists, alarmists, uneducated, terrorists, fearmongering kennalists, let me educate you on what science is and isn't.

Your appeals to authority expose your imbecility and your illiteracy in science. What use have presented over the last few weeks has absolutely nothing to do with science.

Here's a reality check.

A layman friendly description as to why CO2 follows the temperature, and thus why humans can never ever cause climate change: The sun is still the main driver of climate.

Here's why: As soon as the sun shines over the earth, temperatures rise. After that CO2 levels increase. Why is that? That's quite simple. CO2 is more soluble in cold water than in hot. As soon as the earth becomes naturally warm, CO2 subsequently emerges from the oceans and the soil and thus accumulates in the atmosphere. When it becomes dark again, temperatures drop and then the oceans and the soil take up the CO2 again (in a staggered interval off course).

If CO2 was the main driver, temperatures would increase in an endless and unbridled fashion. That was never the case and it never will be. Not ever.

Besides, the CO2 that is in the atmosphere has almost reached its saturation point when it comes to the absorbability of light. CO2 is only capable of absorbing its favourite wavelengths of light.

Absorbability is limited. CO2 only manages to grab a little bit more light from wavelengths that are close to its favourite bands. However, it can't do much more, due to the fact that there aren't many left-over photons of the desired wavelength. This so-called warming effect has reached its peak.

Adding more CO2 doesn't have an effect at all. It's just like a sponge, which in practice will obviously never ever be able to absorb unlimited amounts of fluid

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Do these jobless, uneducated centrelink recipients really think the major contributors care about their autistic screeching and their crayon drawn signs?

PS Australia as a whole contributes fuck all to all this crap. Actually we supply the major contributors with coal.
A cow farting creates more carbon dioxide than my old supra lol.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here is a little tale on the fradulant climate change theory
To the leftists, activists, communists, alarmists, uneducated, terrorists, fearmongering kennalists, let me educate you on what science is and isn't.

Your appeals to authority expose your imbecility and your illiteracy in science. What use have presented over the last few weeks has absolutely nothing to do with science.

Here's a reality check.

A layman friendly description as to why CO2 follows the temperature, and thus why humans can never ever cause climate change: The sun is still the main driver of climate.

Here's why: As soon as the sun shines over the earth, temperatures rise. After that CO2 levels increase. Why is that? That's quite simple. CO2 is more soluble in cold water than in hot. As soon as the earth becomes naturally warm, CO2 subsequently emerges from the oceans and the soil and thus accumulates in the atmosphere. When it becomes dark again, temperatures drop and then the oceans and the soil take up the CO2 again (in a staggered interval off course).

If CO2 was the main driver, temperatures would increase in an endless and unbridled fashion. That was never the case and it never will be. Not ever.

Besides, the CO2 that is in the atmosphere has almost reached its saturation point when it comes to the absorbability of light. CO2 is only capable of absorbing its favourite wavelengths of light.

Absorbability is limited. CO2 only manages to grab a little bit more light from wavelengths that are close to its favourite bands. However, it can't do much more, due to the fact that there aren't many left-over photons of the desired wavelength. This so-called warming effect has reached its peak.

Adding more CO2 doesn't have an effect at all. It's just like a sponge, which in practice will obviously never ever be able to absorb unlimited amounts of fluid
YouTube university yesssssss!!!!!

Such educated know it all. Of course I'll take YouTube's word over scientific studies and consensus

Lmfao

Imbeciles

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Black Saturday 2009
Ash Friday 1983
Black Friday 1939
Black Tuesday 1967
Black Sunday 1926

Ok, but as I asked before: lets forget the concept of climate change for a second:
Option 1 is more expensive to develop, produces harmful pollution and is finite.

Option 2 is cheaper, cleaner on the environment and humans, insulates our economy and at least part of the mix is renewable.

Doesn't option 2 just make more logical sense?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A cow farting creates more carbon dioxide than my old supra lol.
Which is part of the reason there's a big push for less commercial animal farming and more plant based diets.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ok, but as I asked before: lets forget the concept of climate change for a second:
Option 1 is more expensive to develop, produces harmful pollution and is finite.

Option 2 is cheaper, cleaner on the environment and humans, insulates our economy and at least part of the mix is renewable.

Doesn't option 2 just make more logical sense?
What are the options bro?

PS I'm not a man made climate change denier or supporter. Too much bullshit to sift through from both sides.

If anything, I'd support nuclear power but I'm sure some soft cock would get triggered by that.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
YouTube university yesssssss!!!!!

Such educated know it all. Of course I'll take YouTube's word over scientific studies and consensus

Lmfao

Imbeciles
You haven't got the slightest of clues on what Science is.

The closest you get to "science" is, that you are a Scientific Terrorist

Last edited: