Former NRL stars predict wild card team 2020 (2 pick Dogs)

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No point in making the top 8 if you cant go all the way.
My prediction 10th.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m on the doggies if they play like they did at the end of last year consistently then yes

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The eels will be a very tough assignment to beat in rd 1.
But i think we will and should make the 8. Otherwise the coach has to go.
Parra are leaving no stone un turned this offseason, i think our old foe will have a big year.
But i love watching them fail none the less.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh its about right. Parra should go well depending on what happens with Sivo and his sexual assault charges. Same with Manly, they have the players to do well. We havent lost big players this offseason like previous ones, so no reason we cannot build on last years finish. As far as Foran being out goes, at least this year we are prepared for it. Kinda glad he did his shoulder when he did, rather than in round 1 or 2.

I dont expect us to be premiers or anything, and top 4 might be a stretch too, but i dont see top 8 being unreachable. We only missed it by a few wins last year and were shit most of the year.

All i know is Titans will probably go back to back with spoons the poor buggers, especially if Arrow goes to Souths early.
i got money with workmates we will sneak into the 8

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Considering the players they have lost (Chambers, Kata, Stimson, Walters, Scott, and Croft) I wouldn't be surprised, especially if Smith continues to slide or gets injured, Melbourne might struggle to make the 8. It will take some Bellamy magic dust to repeat their finishing positions from years past.

The Cowboys are pretty weak in the front row with Molo (25) Hola (20) and Gilbert (19) they could well struggle in the middle after losing Scott and Bolton plus Kahu, Tuala and Martin.

I can't see the Tigers making the 8 after losing Farah, Rochow, Matulino, Fonua, Marsters and Matterson. They do have Cap space so can still improve their roster.

The Titans have so much talent that they had to resurrect Gordon for the 9's, enough said, even more so if they lose Arrow. Holbrook might need some (a lot) of that Bellamy magic dust.

As long as McGregor is their coach I don't see the Dragons doing much, not sure how much effect Flanagan can have as assistant.

I don't rate Croft, so I can't see the Donkeys improving much. Especially without Dargan, Gillett, Fensom, Tagataese, Mago and Segeyaro.

The Sharks have lost a lot with Brailey, Feki, Flanagan, Gallen and Capewell gone. Plus I don't rate Morris as a coach, he basically followed Flanagan's selections, processes and plays early on and as the season went on he installed his own which demonstrably didn't work out. They have 4 centres and not much in the way of NRL level wingers, adding it up I don't think they will make the 8 either.

The Knights have lost a lot of experience in Kenny-Dowall, Gavet, Buhrer, Ramien, Ross and Levi. With a new coaching staff I wouldn't be surprised in they didn't make the 8 either.

Warriors, who knows, they haven't really signed anyone of note, plus no Ayshford or Luke this year. I think they will struggle to make the 8.

The Panthers they have lost some reasonable players in RCG, Grant, Katoa, McKendry, Egan, Fuimaono and Winterstein but they have recruited some decent players as well in Koroisau, Capewell and Tetevano. They should be there or thereabouts, but could just as easily miss out.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Considering the players they have lost (Chambers, Kata, Stimson, Walters, Scott, and Croft) I wouldn't be surprised, especially if Smith continues to slide or gets injured, Melbourne might struggle to make the 8. It will take some Bellamy magic dust to repeat their finishing positions from years past.

The Cowboys are pretty weak in the front row with Molo (25) Hola (20) and Gilbert (19) they could well struggle in the middle after losing Scott and Bolton plus Kahu, Tuala and Martin.

I can't see the Tigers making the 8 after losing Farah, Rochow, Matulino, Fonua, Marsters and Matterson. They do have Cap space so can still improve their roster.

The Titans have so much talent that they had to resurrect Gordon for the 9's, enough said, even more so if they lose Arrow. Holbrook might need some (a lot) of that Bellamy magic dust.

As long as McGregor is their coach I don't see the Dragons doing much, not sure how much effect Flanagan can have as assistant.

I don't rate Croft, so I can't see the Donkeys improving much. Especially without Dargan, Gillett, Fensom, Tagataese, Mago and Segeyaro.

The Sharks have lost a lot with Brailey, Feki, Flanagan, Gallen and Capewell gone. Plus I don't rate Morris as a coach, he basically followed Flanagan's selections, processes and plays early on and as the season went on he installed his own which demonstrably didn't work out. They have 4 centres and not much in the way of NRL level wingers, adding it up I don't think they will make the 8 either.

The Knights have lost a lot of experience in Kenny-Dowall, Gavet, Buhrer, Ramien, Ross and Levi. With a new coaching staff I wouldn't be surprised in they didn't make the 8 either.

Warriors, who knows, they haven't really signed anyone of note, plus no Ayshford or Luke this year. I think they will struggle to make the 8.

The Panthers they have lost some reasonable players in RCG, Grant, Katoa, McKendry, Egan, Fuimaono and Winterstein but they have recruited some decent players as well in Koroisau, Capewell and Tetevano. They should be there or thereabouts, but could just as easily miss out.

Go Dogs
Good summary. It’s going to be interesting!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It all depends on our opening 6 games

Hit the ground running otherwise we will do what we did last few seasons ie win when we already out of playoffs race

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It all depends on our opening 6 games

Hit the ground running otherwise we will do what we did last few seasons ie win when we already out of playoffs race
Unquestionably we have to start better.
I think we have a better chance to do that this year than 12 months ago though - some more experience for the young fellas, more favourable draw etc.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I think we have a better chance to do that this year than 12 months ago though - some more experience for the young fellas, more favourable draw etc.
I agree as I’ve said before if we can manage to score points we will make the 8.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just saw the interview by the skip and I’m glad he’s talking about putting emphasis on starting the year well

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Parra is never going to do anything even if they do a miracle and get a Top 4 spot. Their halves crumble under any sort of pressure, they're always going to be serial chokers.

2020 should be the last year we should have to endure a long season, if management plays its cards right next year should be when we are back
Just remember teams don't come out of nowhere to win the comp. You generally need to be knocking on the door of the top 8, or just making it in. The next year you can hopefully step up and compete with the best. I'd like to see us be around that top 8 all season long. No point if we are just playing for fun with 10 rounds to go like the last couple of years. That's a whole different type of no pressure footy.