Addo Carr

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Reimis > Meaney > Okunbor. We need a winger and centre bad (at least two backs really as Reimis can play wing or centre). I'm not sure why people are saying we don't? Montoya and Holland are nothing more then back ups (Holland had a year from hell last year). After that we need a top hooker, halfback and prop and we'll be a top team again (hooker and halfback might take a bit longer to attain due to what's available but as we know people on contract pop up and we need to be ready to pounce).

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think too often we look at players as individuals rather than partners. We're all talking about the need for a strike centre, but maybe having a strike winger will complement the centre and give him more space to move?

I think the club is being sensible in some ways with this .... if it happens.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reimis > Meaney > Okunbor. We need a winger and centre bad (at least two backs really as Reimis can play wing or centre). I'm not sure why people are saying we don't? Montoya and Holland are nothing more then back ups (Holland had a year from hell last year). After that we need a top hooker, halfback and prop and we'll be a top team again (hooker and halfback might take a bit longer to attain due to what's available but as we know people on contract pop up and we need to be ready to pounce).
This is true. But at this stage which centres are available? Honest question as I really don't know.

However, I'd be happy for this year to see Ado Carr come in as a winger rather than no one at all. It at least gives us some strike power out wide and puts the opposition defence in two minds. We see what we can do with what we have and then next year having Ado Carr in the backline makes it much easier to attract a star centre ... if we need one.

Thought Meaney did quite well on the wing last year taking into account he started the season at fullback.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How much you know about footy, you can fit in the knuckle of a canary. Wingers are your match winners in this modern era. Yes you need a good spine and a decent pack, but the finishers these days are your wingers. The last time we had two decent wingers (el masri & utai) was the last time we had a decent and very competitive team . Chew on that for a while Dave and have your best crack at me if you dare !
We don't need ado Carr,seriously we need match winners

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is true. But at this stage which centres are available? Honest question as I really don't know.

However, I'd be happy for this year to see Ado Carr come in as a winger rather than no one at all. It at least gives us some strike power out wide and puts the opposition defence in two minds. We see what we can do with what we have and then next year having Ado Carr in the backline makes it much easier to attract a star centre ... if we need one.

Thought Meaney did quite well on the wing last year taking into account he started the season at fullback.
There's not much on contract available in any position (as we didn't pounce when November hit). It's going to have to be players on contract (which seems to be the way we're recruiting). For the centre position specifically (for 2021) there is Bird, Cotric, Leilua, Suli and Olam.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's not much on contract available in any position (as we didn't pounce when November hit). It's going to have to be players on contract (which seems to be the way we're recruiting). For the centre position specifically (for 2021) there is Bird, Cotric, Leilua, Suli and Olam.
So in other words it's best to sit tight with what we have? Cotric won't leave early. Bird constantly injured. Leilua ...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So in other words it's best to sit tight with what we have? Cotric won't leave early. Bird constantly injured. Leilua ...
For the right price all of those players would be good for us even tho we'd rather top talent (Cotric would classify as top talent so we can probably rule him out). Like I said it's probably better to pounce on contracted players (that want out of their current club or their current club wants or needs to move them on) when the possibility arises.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should throw in Okunbor as a sweetener. Bellamy would probably rate him after he broke through Cam Smith twice in that game last season. If we get JAC, Okunbor would only be playing regular ISP anyway. I hope we're chasing Gagai also as a centre. We could then move Reimis back to the wing and Okunbur would be even more surplus to our needs. I remember a game when Gagai was playing for the Knights against us and virtually every time he ran the ball he broke tackles.

DWZ
JAC
Hopa
Gagai
Smith

Decent backline

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should throw in Okunbor as a sweetener. Bellamy would probably rate him after he broke through Cam Smith twice in that game last season. If we get JAC, Okunbor would only be playing regular ISP anyway. I hope we're chasing Gagai also as a centre. We could then move Reimis back to the wing and Okunbur would be even more surplus to our needs. I remember a game when Gagai was playing for the Knights against us and virtually every time he ran the ball he broke tackles.

DWZ
JAC
Hopa
Gagai
Smith

Decent backline
Problem with Gagai he seems to only play to his potential when playing rep football, where as for club football his good games are few and far between. IMO Gagai is a rocks and diamonds player that lacks consistency at club level.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
James Phelps is doing Rothfeilds gossip column in the Telegraph and said that Carr is having a dispute with his current management and two other managers are talking on his behalf. It sounds like a carbon copy of the Latrell situation.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is an upgrade on what we have. But money needs to be spent on a hooker and half..... JAC wont shine as brightly without Melbourne type players around him

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh Addo-Carr could be denied a $200,000-a-year pay rise as a management dispute threatens to cost him an NRL payday.

Wanting out of Melbourne and a deal that we can reveal is worth less than $350,000 a year, Addo-Carr has been snubbed by at least one club after his management company failed to secure a meeting with “The Fox”

Addo-Carr is struggling to get the ball rolling on his Storm exit. Photo: Quinn Rooney/Getty Images
The Sunday Telegraph has been told Addo-Carr has hired a lawyer to divorce himself from the management company that signed him to his Melbourne deal.

It is understood Addo-Carr is unhappy with his contract after learning a fellow State of Origin winger was earning $550,000 a year.

Given permission to negotiate with rival clubs for 2021 on compassionate grounds, Addo Carr has not received an offer since declaring he wants to return to Sydney to be closer to his family. Part of the reason for the lack of interest is rival clubs are not sure who is “pulling his strings”. At least two individuals not connected to Addo-Carr’s official management company, Pacific Sport Management, have contacted clubs on the winger’s behalf.

Agent Chris Orr doesn’t see Addo-Carr having a problem.
Addo-Carr’s accredited agent said he would take legal action against anyone claiming to represent his client.

“I haven’t spoken to a lawyer and I haven’t spoken to Fox since going on leave,’’ Chris Orr said.

“I am sure I will be contacted if that is the case. Personally, I can’t see why he would want out as we have done a terrific job for him since taking him from the Tigers to the Storm and having his contract upgraded. I hope another agent is not in his ear selling him a dream. Under the accreditation, that is against the rules.’’

There is no rush to secure the right Sydney deal. Photo: Quinn Rooney/Getty Images

Addo-Carr returned to Melbourne for training last week and is expected to remain with the Storm at least until the end of the year. Despite being offered a conditional release to return to Sydney in 2021, Addo-Carr could be forced to honour the final year of his deal, with Melbourne demanding “like-for-like” compensation.

Addo-Carr has told those close to him that his contract with the Storm is worth just $330,000 this year and $350,000 in 2021.

The Storm refused to comment.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/f492a014bf6f78469c3592b72e373af4

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

DWZ
JAC
Hopa
Gagai
Smith

Decent backline
Gagai lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Josh Addo-Carr scores one of the greatest tries ever seen in an NRL Finals

SPEED KILLS.
The FOX... He’s an absolute weapon.!!!! Anyone saying it’s no good and is not on board for this is crazy.

This better fucking happen.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off the only other time I’ve declared anything on here about player movements was when Curtis Rona left the dogs and I was spot on...

The deal is almost finalised for addo Carr it’s done with the dogs I obviously don’t know how much or how long just know it’s done... the finalising will happen once other players from other clubs move expect to see Latrell at Souths Gagai to Melbourne..
First you say the deal is almost done, then you say the deal is done. So which one is it? You can't have it both ways! And going by today's article in the Sunday Telegraph, Addo Carr has not signed a deal and is having management issues. Do you still want to stick with your original claim that Ado Carr is a done deal? Sorry, can't help to think your story is a load of BS!

Last edited:

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need wingers who can catch a high and low ball,guys who can run the ball off your line, tackles 1,2 and 3, set after set,guys who can finish and have decent enough pace ,all said and done ockundor ,Smith will be me fine,we need a centre, hooker and a prop with class not wingers
How much you know about footy, you can fit in the knuckle of a canary. Wingers are your match winners in this modern era. Yes you need a good spine and a decent pack, but the finishers these days are your wingers. The last time we had two decent wingers (el masri & utai) was the last time we had a decent and very competitive team . Chew on that for a while Dave and have your best crack at me if you dare !