Sydney CBD climate protest attracts over 30,000 people

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where do you send your shit after you do a poo? If you flush it down the toilet and lands in the sea you’re contributing to unnecessary pollution. You should be digging a hole in the backyard and doing it there.
I have a septic that waters the lawn.

Why the strawman argument though?
I say unnecessary and I mean car racing that at best uses E85 and future investment in coal refineries. I'm under no illusion about switching off coal tomorrow and it being successful but surely you agree it seems like a better idea to have a greener mix of fuels?

How about subsidising electric cars for people who live around Capital cities so we can focus build charging points, and while you're at it further subsidise solar for people who buy electric cars?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The solution is here! So stop bitching and start doing something good for our "hot" planet!
Typical right wing tactic, take something that was never said (forget that scientists have said thats not the way to do it) and blow it completely out of proportion

No wonder decent discussions cant be had with a group of people who can't hold the context of the discussion. Unfortunately it seems we have to speak slowly and use pictographs for these simple ones to understand

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Climate Terrorism.

I remember back in the 80's they would put metal spikes in trees to kill and injure the loggers when they would cut them down

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All I would say mate it that you came out of the gate pretty hard with your first post and while I understand your passion it instantly puts anyone with an opposing opinion on the offensive then it goes from being a conversation to a slanging match and we are all guilty of that one.cheers bro
Absolutely I did. But I consciously did it. I knew the response I would get, but I thought it was worth the effort. This discussion needs to be had. People need to have this issue pushed in their faces, or they will never talk about it. It's so easy to pretend it's not real, and expect that life will just continue on its merry way.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 12565

I'm not going to link to scum Murdoch media but even when the BIGGEST climate deniers are claiming they've never denied it, you just know you're on the wrong side

@flamebouyant don't apologise for calling them morons. They're generally the first to start throwing insults (see the catastrophic Tuesday thread) and then these same hypocrites act all insulted when you call them morons.
I'm not sorry at all. I instigated this for a reason. That reason being that I actually have an ounce of humanity like you do. I just don't see what there is to gain from denying climate change. Every decent argument that I have put forward has just been met by ridicule and insult, but no factual response. Nobody tries to refute my claims with hardcore evidence that I'm wrong, they just talk shit and hurl insults like they are still in high school.
The fact of the matter is, if we ignore the problem and make no effort to prevent this disaster happening, then we will have no chance to change things. But if we recognise the problem, and do everything we possibly can to change it, then we may have a future after all. Which one is the better choice? Can we afford to make the wrong choice?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely I did. But I consciously did it. I knew the response I would get, but I thought it was worth the effort. This discussion needs to be had. People need to have this issue pushed in their faces, or they will never talk about it. It's so easy to pretend it's not real, and expect that life will just continue on its merry way.
Well mate all I can say is if you are going to push your opinions into peoples faces don’t bitch when they push back

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When it comes to the solution, that's another thing. Most research I've seen supports nuclear for Australia. But we have this weird government that is made up of 2 major parties tland 1 almost major party that are all against it.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sorry at all. I instigated this for a reason. That reason being that I actually have an ounce of humanity like you do. I just don't see what there is to gain from denying climate change. Every decent argument that I have put forward has just been met by ridicule and insult, but no factual response. Nobody tries to refute my claims with hardcore evidence that I'm wrong, they just talk shit and hurl insults like they are still in high school.
The fact of the matter is, if we ignore the problem and make no effort to prevent this disaster happening, then we will have no chance to change things. But if we recognise the problem, and do everything we possibly can to change it, then we may have a future after all. Which one is the better choice? Can we afford to make the wrong choice?
There's one side who relies on scientific consensus, there's the other side who are just ideologues.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your convinced the human race is doomed and there is no point trying to save it?? Thank fuck your not run ing this shit show.
While I agree that this point in time is getting very close, I still believe that we have an opportunity to change it, and history has proven that protesting against the powers that be, and uprising against our oppressors is an effective way to force change. Maybe you should get on board.
Wow, upset much!! Do you think people protesting will make any difference to the climate, if you do then by all means go and protest, or perform a rain dance like the American Indians used to do and let the media know when you do this as I need a good laugh or how about stand on the steps of the Opera house yelling 'what do we want the climate fixed, when do we want it now'.
Actually how about write a letter to the P.M and ask could you please fix the climate, thanks, if you ask the government nicely they'll fix the climate or maybe there's a number you can ring, when you ring just say the climate is broken could you send someone out to fix this problem.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahem..elephant in the room..

1561815D-71F2-4CA6-9934-7D3D155D2357.jpeg

Ps..once they work out ‘Fusion’ I’m in..