Official A MESSAGE FROM THE BOSS

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Loyalty. If you really care about the club you support it in good times and bad.

That doesn’t mean mistakes aren’t made and shouldn’t be learned from but the many who simply shit-can the club and especially those who don’t actually back up their bleating with anything coherent are the ones who need to take a look at themselves if they also call themselves fans.
For me this is what I've been trying to get at.

Let's step away from the NRL for a moment and look around the world at the membership of teams in different sports. Is the membership base only dictated by winning? Without doubt it helps but there's a deep ense of loyalty and pride in your team which makes you want to come back. A connection not only to the players on the paddock but the vision of the club. The ethos. If a club is relying on winning to have a big membership base then they're losing already ... imo. There are plenty of teams in different sports who haven't won anything, and won't but will always have a high membership. Why can't we?

I get what people are saying. If we're playing shit why would you want to come. If it's not beautiful to watch then why go? The club is in a bit of a mess atm, but those areas I can see that we're working on and am relatively happy that we're going forward. Again I'll say, if the club is simply relying on good results and nice football to bring spectators in then we're in shit.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Let's step away from the NRL for a moment and look around the world at the membership of teams in different sports. Is the membership base only dictated by winning? Without doubt it helps but there's a deep ense of loyalty and pride in your team which makes you want to come back. A connection not only to the players on the paddock but the vision of the club. The ethos. If a club is relying on winning to have a big membership base then they're losing already ... imo. There are plenty of teams in different sports who haven't won anything, and won't but will always have a high membership. Why can't we?

I get what people are saying. If we're playing shit why would you want to come. If it's not beautiful to watch then why go? The club is in a bit of a mess atm, but those areas I can see that we're working on and am relatively happy that we're going forward. Again I'll say, if the club is simply relying on good results and nice football to bring spectators in then we're in shit.
We haven't made the finals in about a billion years, still no major sponsor, board still chatting shit, etc. I'd love to know how they're actually trying to attract members/spectators/interest in the club right now.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We haven't made the finals in about a billion years, still no major sponsor, board still chatting shit, etc. I'd love to know how they're actually trying to attract members/spectators/interest in the club right now.
So would I. I don't agree with everything you're saying, but I'd definitely like to understand their strategy in attracting members etc.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

If you look at 'most' clubs on the membership tracker or whatever it is, numbers fluctuate by not much in the grand scheme of things over the last couple of years. We really have been very average on field for a number of years. It may be just my perspective but the best way to describe the most part of say the last 5 years of watching dogs games for me was frustration. Frustration with the team therefore frustration with whatever coach at the time and the club. 2015 and 2019 pretty much the same figures and playing pretty average for the most part of that time frame. I just feel where coming out of a black hole and that we are looking better than say 2 years ago which felt lower than Id ever felt as a Dogs fan. My point is if we start playing consistently well and the club is looking to be moving in the right direction, then I dont see why membership numbers wont start rising.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So would I. I don't agree with everything you're saying, but I'd definitely like to understand their strategy in attracting members etc.
According to dinkumdogs and Nutboy II, we should be grateful and get on and our knees and swallow whatever the board spits out.

Fans should not ask questions just say yes to everything the club says

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
According to dinkumdogs and Nutboy II, we should be grateful and get on and our knees and swallow whatever the board spits out.

Never once have I said that mate.
Spin it as you like, don’t make it true.

PS - what you do on your knees in your personal time we don’t need to know.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We all would yeah, but they’ve been very deliberate in keeping things on the down low (which according to the bleaters means they’re doing nothing). I guess with the likes of the Terrorgraph writing nonsense and an increasingly competitive marketplace it’s best to keep the hatches battened down until there’s something real to share. To me it simply has to come - I just don’t buy that the club is either stupid or lazy.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My views on one of the reasons for lower members than we should have;

1. Giving up 2 home games, Storm to Perth which would normally be a Belmore game and the stupid “magic” round. Another home game that we are forced to give up. Meaning 2 games we don’t get season tickets to, they haven’t lowered the prices so that’s the same as a ~10% price increase.

2. Playing 4 games at Parramatta, the reason why I personally haven’t renewed. I don’t care how good the stadium itself is, it’s still in effen Parramatta and a long way from public transport, with no parking.

3. Add them together 4 + 2 = 6 and it’s half of our home games not at home. Can’t sit in our usual seats, often can’t sit with our usual compatriots, can’t park in our usual spots, eat or drink at our usual places, before and after, etc.

4. Giving up half of our season’s home court advantage, that’s bound to have some effect on our win loss ratio. Every supporter knows this and knows that we need a lot of things to go our way this year to finish in a decent position. We don’t need any additional handicaps.

5. I’m not into conspiracy theories but we do seem to get screwed by the NRL a bit more than average. This may well be another occasion, for example they knew we wouldn’t be able to play at ANZ post June so why weren’t we given more home games before it? Same for the “magic” round, should have been an away game, not another home game.

Anyone who thinks that the above has had no effect on our members’ numbers is delusional.

Go Dogs

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never once have I said that mate.
Spin it as you like, don’t make it true.

PS - what you do on your knees in your personal time we don’t need to know.
Please the way you dribble you think you are speaking as it is gospel. I know what I say (and what you say) has no bearing on what the clubs direction or outcome is... but its cheerleaders like you that get butthurt should somebody shares a difference of opinion that does not fall inline with the clubs stance.... too many yes men ain't a good thing...

And yes I get on my knees and thank God that I'm not a deluded cheerleader

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Please the way you dribble you think you are speaking as it is gospel. I know what I say (and what you say) has no bearing on what the clubs direction or outcome is... but its cheerleaders like you that get butthurt should somebody shares a difference of opinion that does not fall inline with the clubs stance.... too many yes men ain't a good thing...

And yes I get on my knees and thank God that I'm not a deluded cheerleader
All good champ. I could respond but I’ve got to re-arrange my sock drawer which seems a better use of my time. You take your path and I’ll take mine. All the best.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My views on one of the reasons for lower members than we should have;

1. Giving up 2 home games, Storm to Perth which would normally be a Belmore game and the stupid “magic” round. Another home game that we are forced to give up. Meaning 2 games we don’t get season tickets to, they haven’t lowered the prices so that’s the same as a ~10% price increase.

2. Playing 4 games at Parramatta, the reason why I personally haven’t renewed. I don’t care how good the stadium itself is, it’s still in effen Parramatta and a long way from public transport, with no parking.

3. Add them together 4 + 2 = 6 and it’s half of our home games not at home. Can’t sit in our usual seats, often can’t sit with our usual compatriots, can’t park in our usual spots, eat or drink at our usual places, before and after, etc.

4. Giving up half of our season’s home court advantage, that’s bound to have some effect on our win loss ratio. Every supporter knows this and knows that we need a lot of things to go our way this year to finish in a decent position. We don’t need any additional handicaps.

5. I’m not into conspiracy theories but we do seem to get screwed by the NRL a bit more than average. This may well be another occasion, for example they knew we wouldn’t be able to play at ANZ post June so why weren’t we given more home games before it? Same for the “magic” round, should have been an away game, not another home game.

Anyone who thinks that the above has had no effect on our members’ numbers is delusional.

Go Dogs
The fuck you on about, Parra stadium is easy as piss to get to. "long way from public transport" :tearsofjoy:

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fuck you on about, Parra stadium is easy as piss to get to. "long way from public transport" :tearsofjoy:
Well I for one have to:
1. Drive to local train station
2. Catch a train to Central, change for Parra Line
3. From Parra, jump into a bus (yuck) to head to the Stadium

So for some, yes it’s harder than others. Not always easy as piss

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did we ever consider the central coast or concord oval?
The establishment goes on and on about bulldogs DNA,our identity etc, but really I feel we should have our own ground.
Well I for one have to:
1. Drive to local train station
2. Catch a train to Central, change for Parra Line
3. From Parra, jump into a bus (yuck) to head to the Stadium

So for some, yes it’s harder than others. Not always easy as piss

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We all would yeah, but they’ve been very deliberate in keeping things on the down low (which according to the bleaters means they’re doing nothing). I guess with the likes of the Terrorgraph writing nonsense and an increasingly competitive marketplace it’s best to keep the hatches battened down until there’s something real to share. To me it simply has to come - I just don’t buy that the club is either stupid or lazy.
Agree with you. But, those numbers are alarming so I'd really like to understand what they're doing. I think that would help people also be more motivated to become members.

God it annoys me when people do exactly what you've done. Twisting someones words to suit your own agenda. Personally find Dinkumdogs posts relatively well balanced. Calls it as it is. He's constantly suggested to those on here who have concerns to get membership and come down to the forums to put their points to the board. That's definitely not suggesting to say yes to everything ...

Anyway,

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lynn should get it done, lobby the government, lobby the private sector, get 500 million and build us supporters a brand new stadium.
If she wants to fix this, I mean the bulldogs, the juniors, our identity, the DNA, make us a powerhouse again, build us a stadium
That's the complete package Lynn, and long live a legacy for many years to come.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with you. But, those numbers are alarming so I'd really like to understand what they're doing. I think that would help people also be more motivated to become members.

God it annoys me when people do exactly what you've done. Twisting someones words to suit your own agenda. Personally find Dinkumdogs posts relatively well balanced. Calls it as it is. He's constantly suggested to those on here who have concerns to get membership and come down to the forums to put their points to the board. That's definitely not suggesting to say yes to everything ...

Anyway,

Blah blah blah sock draw....

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lynn should get it done, lobby the government, lobby the private sector, get 500 million and build us supporters a brand new stadium.
If she wants to fix this, I mean the bulldogs, the juniors, our identity, the DNA, make us a powerhouse again, build us a stadium
That's the complete package Lynn, and long live a legacy for many years to come.
You're not half right. Not going to happen though. But not having a stadium does have its affect I think