Sydney CBD climate protest attracts over 30,000 people

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I actually have fat thumbs. Apple doesn’t accommodate for fat thumbs. So I’m not about to make sure my spelling is correct. I will however point out other people’s spelling errors.
And he does you know.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Evolution isn’t changing people’s genders or making people gay though. They’re choices. Especially removal of ones penis and mutilated onto a vagina, that’s cosmetic surgery, not evolution.
How did flame boy mould it onto his forehead?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How did flame boy mould it onto his forehead?
Fuck I meant Into hahaha. But that typo has allowed your comment to make sense lol. the way flame got it on his forehead was actual evolution bro, took him millions of years to get it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
After all these posts and opinion pieces, does anyone care?

Everyone happy with the way it's at atm.

It's not worth finding a sensible solution to pollution, mass consumerism depleting resources?

No resolution to find a better way and still have a comfortable lifestyle.

Or is it better to just want to argue and think our side of the issue is right and end of?

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score

It's not worth finding a sensible solution to pollution, mass consumerism depleting resources?

Or is it better to just want to argue and think our side of the issue is right and end of?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

There’s plenty of trees to consume whatever pollution there is. I mean you people seem to think we’re India or China with our pollution levels. You guys should protest for other countries that are actually filthy and have daily hazardous air quality

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure the Government can change the weather, being a global thing over several decades its only gunna snowball with bush fire pollution.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There’s plenty of trees to consume whatever pollution there is. I mean you people seem to think we’re India or China with our pollution levels. You guys should protest for other countries that are actually filthy and have daily hazardous air quality
Matey. It's not just Australia. My post never said it was. But it's the only place we got so I guess we'd have to start in our own backyard....if we could be bothered that is.

Plenty of trees. We have just lost so many trees that it is officially going to impact those figures we were doing in a canter by 2/3rds.

Other countries problems is not my problem.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Matey. It's not just Australia. My post never said it was. But it's the only place we got so I guess we'd have to start in our own backyard....if we could be bothered that is.

Plenty of trees. We have just lost so many trees that it is officially going to impact those figures we were doing in a canter by 2/3rds.

Other countries problems is not my problem.
Our backyard is fine if we go anymore green we’ll be banning petrol cars. Also you say you don’t care coz it’s not you’re country, but isn’t climate change a global thing? Just caring about Australia won’t create a barrier ffs. You don’t get to say there’s not enough trees now because of the fires, because you people were claiming there wasn’t enough before the fires lol.
Anyways if you truly believe in global warming, not caring about other countries impacts on global warming is quite contradictory wouldn’t you say?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some of the best

Lmfao. Literally all fkn kids. They all need some discipline. The parents of these people are fkd, not even apologetic about it. Letting their kids buy into this propaganda and let them be little shits.
Also lol at msm calling these people eco “warriors”. I mean they’ve even diseased the term warrior into just being an absolute gay.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Our backyard is fine if we go anymore green we’ll be banning petrol cars. Also you say you don’t care coz it’s not you’re country, but isn’t climate change a global thing? Just caring about Australia won’t create a barrier ffs. You don’t get to say there’s not enough trees now because of the fires, because you people were claiming there wasn’t enough before the fires lol.
Anyways if you truly believe in global warming, not caring about other countries impacts on global warming is quite contradictory wouldn’t you say?
No I dont see a problem with my beliefs at all.

I can't change, or worry, about what China or India do. (Even we have had the highest air pollution levels of anywhere these past few weeks by comparison to be fair...nut I know what you mean)

My post was about does anyone care? Would it hurt to look after Australia?

You've talked about, and recognised pollution; isn't that enough to work on?

I'm no expert. Who knows about climate change. Just as I really can't prove by myself that the Earth isn't flat.

My point about the trees is now that we have lost several million with the fires, they wont be clearing the carbon to the Govt targets they set. It affects that by approx 2/3rds of our target. We can no longer meet them in a canter.

The global warming argument will always be bogged down by deniers, profiteers of all persuations, wacko greenies, polliticians, lefties, righties, anybodies who can make a buckies.

Better to focus on what we can see with our own eyes like pollution, air quality, rivers and oceans pulluted, land degradation etc.

Why argue about that is my propsal.

We all love boating, camping, fishing, 4WD with our families. We want our kids to enjoy our great Australian lifestyle and our grandchildren and theirs. We all think it's bloody disgusting when we go out bush and there's litter like broken bottles, toilet paper up tracks etc. Or we see birds and sealife with plastic binding up their beaks etc so they die of starvation.

Lets just keep it simple and care about Australia and what we can do to preserve our way of life.

I don't think anyone believes we can just keep churning out shit and think things will stay the same do they?

By arguing it just divides and conquers.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doing the things you have mentioned in your post is very admirable well done
Thanks. If indeed you are being sincere. But I didn't do it for the accolades, I did it because I needed to. It was my mates that were on fire alert 20hrs a day, and they desperately needed donations for things like diesel, water, smoke masks, food etc.

Cosmo Kramer

Waterboy
Reaction score
False Pretenses

The issue here is the failure of many people to recognize the difference between the ignition of fire and the spread of fire.

The ignition of fire refers to how it gets started. All fires require an ignition source, be it lightning, electrical faults, negligence and yes, even arson. If one is arguing the climate change ignited the fires, one is mistaken.

As for the spread of the fires, dry conditions and drought made the fires spread further. As experts have said, climate change is a reason why conditions have been so dry, why there's been drought, and so on. Not the sole reason, but still involved nevertheless.

Given all this, it is simply misleading and misguided to speak and act as though these bush fires are solely because of climate change, or to frame this entire crisis around climate change when there's much more to it than that. It is this sort of exaggeration that alienates people who are otherwise sympathetic to the the conserving-the-environment cause.

Believe me, there are people who are completely unaware of the how fires start, and truly believe that Australia had just burst into flames because of climate change.

Regardless, these protesters are partly protesting based on false pretenses.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks. If indeed you are being sincere. But I didn't do it for the accolades, I did it because I needed to. It was my mates that were on fire alert 20hrs a day, and they desperately needed donations for things like diesel, water, smoke masks, food etc.
It was sincere mate

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No I dont see a problem with my beliefs at all.

I can't change, or worry, about what China or India do. (Even we have had the highest air pollution levels of anywhere these past few weeks by comparison to be fair...nut I know what you mean)

My post was about does anyone care? Would it hurt to look after Australia?

You've talked about, and recognised pollution; isn't that enough to work on?

I'm no expert. Who knows about climate change. Just as I really can't prove by myself that the Earth isn't flat.

My point about the trees is now that we have lost several million with the fires, they wont be clearing the carbon to the Govt targets they set. It affects that by approx 2/3rds of our target. We can no longer meet them in a canter.

The global warming argument will always be bogged down by deniers, profiteers of all persuations, wacko greenies, polliticians, lefties, righties, anybodies who can make a buckies.

Better to focus on what we can see with our own eyes like pollution, air quality, rivers and oceans pulluted, land degradation etc.

Why argue about that is my propsal.

We all love boating, camping, fishing, 4WD with our families. We want our kids to enjoy our great Australian lifestyle and our grandchildren and theirs. We all think it's bloody disgusting when we go out bush and there's litter like broken bottles, toilet paper up tracks etc. Or we see birds and sealife with plastic binding up their beaks etc so they die of starvation.

Lets just keep it simple and care about Australia and what we can do to preserve our way of life.

I don't think anyone believes we can just keep churning out shit and think things will stay the same do they?

By arguing it just divides and conquers.
I agree about caring about ourselves tbh. That’s why we shouldn’t have a bitch about what trump does aye lol. But in the same breadth you’re still worrying about what others in Australia are doing, maybe we should worry about ourselves and not force shit on other people.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont lie, you read the entire article!

Now if it was written by the poster or a philosopher, it does not matter. You got your arse handed over to you and you're now trying to save face, with "donations" and "voluntary work"

Prove it activist
I don't need to prove shit to you. I know that my feelings on this topic are on the right side of the argument. Sadly time will tell. But if we fuck this up, there's no second chance. We can't just pack up shop and move to another planet now can we? So why would anyone suggest we should not do absolutely everything humanly possible from preventing this future that no one wants?

To anyone arguing against my point, you are arguing the case for mining companies to continue to rape and pillage the world and pay almost no tax. Why would you argue this?? What do you have to gain? Are you a multi billionaire mining magnate? If not, then why not be a part of the solution? Why not band with others to convince our leaders to persue a better way forward?