Will the young people of today ever party like we did?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone knows the party of the 90s and early 2000s was an all time epic time.

All these crappy online social media sites weren't around, phones didn't have cameras or they were poor quality, the coke and MDMA was flowing freely, the club's were open to 6am and then there was always another club going to midday. Strip joints were open and everywhere, there was a level of anonymity about going out, your shananigans didn't make it online (or the news) before you got home, phones had no reception in nightclubs. The music was pumping hard, you had to talk to girls and in a very short time convince them you were worth their time.

Today what are they doing? Messaging emjoi icons on the internet or by text? Anything that is remotely interesting, Instead of enjoying the moment they try record it on their phone to upload it on their socials to give the impression to others they are having a good time? Listening to ed Sheerin on their apple earpods? Clubs closing at 1am before the alcohol or drugs kicked in.

I'm concerned the young people of today have little or no social skills, can't dance, hide behind the internet/text and don't care for their appearance, more concerned about their online profile than actually being out to have a good time.

I know the party days of the 90s and 00s are long gone, the anonymity gone, the lack of rules gone, but do the young people actually know how to party ?

I admit to party these days I need to go to Vegas or Thailand etc. Can't party in Australia at all.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For once, I actually agree with you. Social media is killing all aspects of conversation, social skills, and young people care more about instagram status, shitter, and Facebook than living in the moment.

Guess that's just the way of the world now, small part of the reason why it's so fucked

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

All these crappy online social media sites weren't around, phones didn't have cameras or they were poor quality, the coke and MDMA was flowing freely, the club's were open to 6am and then there was always another club going to midday. Strip joints were open and everywhere, there was a level of anonymity about going out, your shananigans didn't make it online (or the news) before you got home, phones had no reception in nightclubs. The music was pumping hard, you had to talk to girls and in a very short time convince them you were worth their time.

Today what are they doing? Messaging emjoi icons on the internet or by text? Anything that is remotely interesting, Instead of enjoying the moment they try record it on their phone to upload it on their socials to give the impression to others they are having a good time? Listening to ed Sheerin on their apple earpods? Clubs closing at 1am before the alcohol or drugs kicked in.

I'm concerned the young people of today have little or no social skills, can't dance, hide behind the internet/text and don't care for their appearance, more concerned about their online profile than actually being out to have a good time.

I know the party days of the 90s and 00s are long gone, the anonymity gone, the lack of rules gone, but do the young people actually know how to party ?

I admit to party these days I need to go to Vegas or Thailand etc. Can't party in Australia at all.
Finally a decent post from you. Worth the wait? Maybe.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I experienced the tail end of the good years and the start of the shit years. My answer to your worries... leave Australia and go to Europe for a few years until the idea of clubbing makes you sick! haha

All seriousness the clubbing these days is sad, expensive and not worth it. People don't dance, talk or know how to even have a good time anymore. It's not their fault, they're just a product of the times.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep I agree. They are too worried someone won’t like their shoes and they’ll run home crying.

I also think the lack of social skills makes people very defensive and aggressive with very short fuses. I don’t think modern TV/movies & sports like MMA help that either.
One thing I do notice now though is that more blokes dance. When we went out we’d joke that 90% of the blokes that danced were either on drugs, gay or sleazy haha

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is one of the last good clubbing nights.. notice not a phone in sight.

Watch the end of the video just may recognise someone.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look what happened to our best party district. So sad.

What did it used to look like?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Will young people be able to party like its 1999?

Probably not for another 979 years

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For once, I actually agree with you. Social media is killing all aspects of conversation, social skills, and young people care more about instagram status, shitter, and Facebook than living in the moment.

Guess that's just the way of the world now, small part of the reason why it's so fucked
Bloody oath they do Chimp... it’s all social media and internet, kids everywhere as young as 6/7 have phones, and the latest iPhones/Samsung’s no less, not just cheapies for txts/calls etc. the way the world has evolved is crazy. And it’s definitely killing social skills in the new generation.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Gen X knew how to party!
Only thing that sucks is all our friends who were the life of the party,happy and full of energy are all dead by suicide now!

A

Alexander the Great

This is a post I agree with you with. This generation don't have the balls to approach girls and talk to them.

There as nothing like starting a Saturday night at the rsl for cheap booze then heading to rogues then dcms then day dreams for the Sunday sessions.

Sydney is weak now.

A

Alexander the Great

Solid sound system that place had. Too bad about the b.o in the air
Here is one of the last good clubbing nights.. notice not a phone in sight.

Watch the end of the video just may recognise someone.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is a post I agree with you with. This generation don't have the balls to approach girls and talk to them.

There as nothing like starting a Saturday night at the rsl for cheap booze then heading to rogues then dcms then day dreams for the Sunday sessions.

Sydney is weak now.
Because we don't like girls, we just like having sex with them ffs.

A

Alexander the Great

One thing it did was keep the bikie shit in their areas. I hear Albions at parramatta hosts most the the grubs these days
Look what happened to our best party district. So sad.

What did it used to look like?