Former NRL stars predict wild card team 2020 (2 pick Dogs)

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add Parra to that list. There is only 2 spots in the 8 up for grabs. I expect Cowboys to fill one spot considering they have a new stadium... So that leaves us to fight it out for the last spot
Parra and Cowboys are tier 2 sides. Dogs way capable of beating them and any other side
that wasn’t in my top 5

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Parra and Cowboys are tier 2 sides. Dogs way capable of beating them and any other side
that wasn’t in my top 5
May be so but Parra will defs be making the 8 barring injuries

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We are a lot more settled going into this year then last so there is less excuse and more opportunity to hit the ground running. The tough thing is sides will expect us now I think towards the end of last year teams took us lightly thinking we’d packed up for the year but we hung tough and put it over a few teams.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For me, the teams in the hunt for them 3 spots are Parra Broncos Tigers Dogs Knights Sharks Cowboys and Dragons. And the other 3 Panthers Warriors and Titans will battle out for spoon.
Agree. Everyone is riding Panthers but I think they are too heavy with players in the back row and middle third is lacking. Much like us they will need halves to fire

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For me, the teams in the hunt for them 3 spots are Parra Broncos Tigers Dogs Knights Sharks Cowboys and Dragons. And the other 3 Panthers Warriors and Titans will battle out for spoon.
The cowboys will surprise a few teams this year imo with Holmes at fb and drink water in the halves with Morgan behind a pretty good pack they’ll be dangerous

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
May be so but Parra will defs be making the 8 barring injuries
Harder to pick than a broken nose.
Parra 2017 made the finals.
Parra 2018 got the spoon.
Parra 2019 made the finals.
Parra 2020 get the spoon :-)

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still baffles me how we went cold turkey on chasing latrell Mitchell so early on. It frustrates me how we still haven’t signed josh ado Carr despite him wanting to move to Sydney. It makes me shake my head how we haven’t even bought Leilua given he is surplus at the raiders. These were signings we could have made for next season that could have added something else. That extra point of difference to make us a top 8 side. I simply don’t see the dogs making the 8 with the current squad. Just buy at least one player for season 2020 already !!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The cowboys will surprise a few teams this year imo with Holmes at fb and drink water in the halves with Morgan behind a pretty good pack they’ll be dangerous
Yh I rate Drinkwater, Morgan defenitely needs to get his shit sorted but Green is probably most responsible for where they're at with there outdated plays, dunno how he still has a job.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Still baffles me how we went cold turkey on chasing latrell Mitchell so early on. It frustrates me how we still haven’t signed josh ado Carr despite him wanting to move to Sydney. It makes me shake my head how we haven’t even bought Leilua given he is surplus at the raiders. These were signings we could have made for next season that could have added something else. That extra point of difference to make us a top 8 side. I simply don’t see the dogs making the 8 with the current squad. Just buy at least one player for season 2020 already !!
Mitchell is more trouble than he's worth - and it's pretty clear most if not all clubs feel that way - Tigers walked, Chooks walked (and have cut him loose from his final year he made clear yesterday). Cowboys, Titans, anyone who've dipped their toe in the water quickly backed off. Now that might be related to his 'advisors' or others around him (eg: multiple managers) rather than he himself, but something definitely doesn't pass the smell test. I'd say we dodged a bullet by backing off. He may end up at Soufs and good luck to both of them.

JAC might still be in play, but who knows the specifics there - Storm might want too much in terms of player swap or transfer fee. Maybe JAC himself wants too much. We can't just fold because he's a very good rep footballer - he either wants to come for the right reasons and right money or it's never going to work. And I'm not talking 'DNA' that people like to take the piss out of - the fact is most workplaces be that an office or a footy team try to build a culture and if you don't fit, you don't fit - you find employment elsewhere.

BJ might be surplus but probably for good reason - he's no superstar. I'm not at all concerned we haven't pursued him.

We have bought for 2020 - no superstars maybe but look where that got us last time we tried to do that - Woods and Foran.
I think we're a good chance to push into the 8 this year but we need to start with way better momentum we started 2019 with no question about that.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yh I rate Drinkwater, Morgan defenitely needs to get his shit sorted but Green is probably most responsible for where they're at with there outdated plays, dunno how he still has a job.
I think Green got real lucky when the Cowboys got into the 2017 GF when they didn't really deserve it and bought himself more time. Its similar to what happened here in 2014 with Des that team should have been rebuilt but the GF wall papered over the cracks.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah Morgan was shit last year but Clifford put a lot of pressure on his game I was told green wanted to drop Clifford earlier in the season but the club wanted him to persist with the kid

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t see the eels as a wild card, they have a top 4 squad

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t see the eels as a wild card, they have a top 4 squad
They do have a pretty good squad, but I am not convinced the coach is good enough for them. He has had a few years at Parra now with some pretty good cattle coming in and out of the club and no real pattern to their form. I reckon if old mate Deano had the same squad producing the same results he would have already found himself attached to a Kennel donated engine block and chain somewhere at the bottom of the Sydney harbour..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Add Parra to that list. There is only 2 spots in the 8 up for grabs. I expect Cowboys to fill one spot considering they have a new stadium... So that leaves us to fight it out for the last spot
For me parras chances depend on what happens with Sivo in court.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh but we were not the only ones. And if signing Latrell was such an obvious thing to do, i didnt see so many other clubs fighting over him. Hes obviously a talent. I think he went to souths in the end because a) Not many others were chasing him and b) because of its indigenous connections

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Whilst we did show a glimmer of hope towards the back end of last season I’m not expecting the dogs to make the 8 this year.