Official Latrell Mitchell to Souths

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that's over with but still, fuck South's!! Fucking darlings of the NRL.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell rejects South Sydney’s first offer, hopes to seal deal within days
Despite being highly impressed by South Sydney co-owner Russell Crowe’s pitch at a private dinner, Latrell Mitchell has knocked back South Sydney’s first official offer. SEE THE TABLED DEAL HERE.

James Phelps, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|
January 10, 2020 7:25pm

DAILYTELEGRAPH.COM.AU2:18
NRL Rookies to watch in 2020
There's plenty of young talent ready to make a mark on first-grade footy in 2020.

He got the Hollywood treatment but not cash.

Latrell Mitchell rejected the Rabbitohs offer after an evening with Russell Crowe was not enough to convince the star centre to accept a cut-price deal to join South Sydney.

Mitchell took just over an hour to knock back the Rabbitohs’ first official offer after the club tabled a deal worth $1.4m over two years.

Watch over 50 sports LIVE on Kayo! Stream to your TV, mobile, tablet or computer. Just $25/month, cancel anytime. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

A one-year deal with a one-year option in his favour, the written offer fell “well-short” of what Mitchell had been expecting following a $1.2m a year bid from the Wests Tigers.

The knock back came less than 24-hour after Mitchell travelled to Coffs Harbour with his father Matt for a private dinner with Crowe.

Wined and dined by the Academy Award winner on the 400-acre estate in Nana Glen, Mitchell was highly impressed by both Crowe and his pitch.

It is understood Crowe, a South Sydney co-owner, spoke about the Rabbitohs’ proud history before telling Mitchell he wanted him to be part of the club’s future.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

New season of America's Got Talent: The Champions Starts 11th Jan on Foxtel.

Latrell Mitchell’s contract saga is set to come to an end. Picture: Brett Costello
While no financial figures or terms were discussed, Mitchell was ready to become a Rabbitoh when he left.

The meeting with Crowe came just a day after Mitchell finally sat down with Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett to discuss football.

But in yet another twist, Mitchell’s manager Matt Rose rejected the Rabbitohs on Friday morning after the club made their official offer.

Mitchell conceded his future remained undecided after confirming his meeting with Crowe.

“It was fantastic to meet Russell Crowe, he is a generous host and very passionate about the Rabbitohs but the truth is I’m yet to decide my future,” Mitchell said.

“I’ve got a number of things to weigh up and I hope to be able to announce my new club in the coming days.’’

Mitchell remains hopeful of coming to terms with the Rabbitohs after Rose made a counteroffer to the club on Friday night.

Asides from coming up with a revised deal, the Rabbitohs may also have to compensate the Roosters with claims the club is demanding as much as $100,000 for a release.
Excused from pre-season training earlier this week, Mitchell declared his career with the Roosters was over.

“Nothing has been made official yet,’’ Mitchell wrote in an Instagram post.

“But my stay at the Roosters as come to an end. On to the next chapter wherever it might be.’’

“Russell Crowe is a generous host and very passionate about the Rabbitohs but the truth is I’m yet to decide my future”

“I want to thank the Sydney Roosters for everything they have done for me and my family,’’ Mitchell wrote.

“I cannot describe the way I feel write know but just wanted to let everyone involved with my career so far that I am grateful to you all.

“To the fans, thankyou. It wouldn’t be a game without you.’’

The South Sydney rejection has left the door ajar for the Tigers to make an 11th hour play.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell rejects South Sydney’s first offer, hopes to seal deal within days
Despite being highly impressed by South Sydney co-owner Russell Crowe’s pitch at a private dinner, Latrell Mitchell has knocked back South Sydney’s first official offer. SEE THE TABLED DEAL HERE.

Subscriber only
|

There's plenty of young talent ready to make a mark on first-grade footy in 2020.

Latrell Mitchell rejected the Rabbitohs offer after an evening with Russell Crowe was not enough to convince the star centre to accept a cut-price deal to join South Sydney.

Mitchell took just over an hour to knock back the Rabbitohs’ first official offer after the club tabled a deal worth $1.4m over two years.

Watch over 50 sports LIVE on Kayo! Stream to your TV, mobile, tablet or computer. Just $25/month, cancel anytime. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

A one-year deal with a one-year option in his favour, the written offer fell “well-short” of what Mitchell had been expecting following a $1.2m a year bid from the Wests Tigers.

The knock back came less than 24-hour after Mitchell travelled to Coffs Harbour with his father Matt for a private dinner with Crowe.

Wined and dined by the Academy Award winner on the 400-acre estate in Nana Glen, Mitchell was highly impressed by both Crowe and his pitch.

It is understood Crowe, a South Sydney co-owner, spoke about the Rabbitohs’ proud history before telling Mitchell he wanted him to be part of the club’s future.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Latrell Mitchell’s contract saga is set to come to an end. Picture: Brett Costello
While no financial figures or terms were discussed, Mitchell was ready to become a Rabbitoh when he left.

The meeting with Crowe came just a day after Mitchell finally sat down with Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett to discuss football.

But in yet another twist, Mitchell’s manager Matt Rose rejected the Rabbitohs on Friday morning after the club made their official offer.

Mitchell conceded his future remained undecided after confirming his meeting with Crowe.

“It was fantastic to meet Russell Crowe, he is a generous host and very passionate about the Rabbitohs but the truth is I’m yet to decide my future,” Mitchell said.

“I’ve got a number of things to weigh up and I hope to be able to announce my new club in the coming days.’’

Mitchell remains hopeful of coming to terms with the Rabbitohs after Rose made a counteroffer to the club on Friday night.

Asides from coming up with a revised deal, the Rabbitohs may also have to compensate the Roosters with claims the club is demanding as much as $100,000 for a release.
Excused from pre-season training earlier this week, Mitchell declared his career with the Roosters was over.

“But my stay at the Roosters as come to an end. On to the next chapter wherever it might be.’’

“Russell Crowe is a generous host and very passionate about the Rabbitohs but the truth is I’m yet to decide my future”

“I want to thank the Sydney Roosters for everything they have done for me and my family,’’ Mitchell wrote.

“I cannot describe the way I feel write know but just wanted to let everyone involved with my career so far that I am grateful to you all.

The South Sydney rejection has left the door ajar for the Tigers to make an 11th hour play.
He's going to be the most hated player in the league next season lol.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Good tigers can fight Souths for him and we can concentrate on landing the fastest man in the game..

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
So many different articles/stories out there around LM, most contradictory. Interested to know who you guys think is the best centre in the game and who you think is on the most coin in that position?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So many different articles/stories out there around LM, most contradictory. Interested to know who you guys think is the best centre in the game and who you think is on the most coin in that position?
Latrell is probably the best but I prefer Manu due to his consistency and ability to also pull off spectacular plays. I think Gagai is still the highest paid centre lol.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Latrell is probably the best but I prefer Manu due to his consistency and ability to also pull off spectacular plays. I think Gagai is still the highest paid centre lol.
What’s Gagai meant to be on?
I agree with Manu

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree with Manu
Think it was reported as 800k a few years back..something ridiculous like that.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Fuck me, that’s crazy. Bunnies putting all their stock into the backs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck me, that’s crazy. Bunnies putting all their stock into the backs.
I mean I could be wrong, but it was defenitely a big contract (or at least at the time) for an outside back.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm glad that's over with but still, fuck South's!! Fucking darlings of the NRL.
What a fucking joke this comp is, we have teams like us fighting to abide by the rules whilst teams like the Roosters and now Souths just rorting the rules to swiftly buy premierships just because they have the appropriate power brokers and influencial coaches at the helm! Bennett did it at the Broncs, Dragons and now it’s the wabbits!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree with Manu
Gagai is on about 650k. Souths have been desperately trying to offload him for a while. I'm pretty sure he's off contract after this season..

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Subscriber only
|

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Suck shit Souffs. You want to sign a mercenary, you have to pay what he wants.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell to sign two-year deal with South Sydney
Latrell Mitchell will be a South Sydney Rabbitoh on Monday following a dramatic 48-hours of back-and-forth negotiations with the Redfern club and Sydney Roosters. CONTRACT DETAILS.

Subscriber only
|
January 12, 2020 5:57pm

FOXSPORTS1:39
Souths are 'a perfect fit' for Latrell Mitchell
NRL: Braith Anasta believes South Sydney are the perfect fit for Latrell Mitchell and would provide the centre with a clean slate and strong guid...

The NRL’s most talked about deal will be done on Monday with Latrell Mitchell set to sign a two-year deal with South Sydney.

Having knocked back South Sydney’s first official offer on Friday, Mitchell agreed to become a Rabbitoh after receiving an upgraded deal worth an estimated $1.6 million.

Following a dramatic 48-hours of back-and-forth negotiations with Souths - Mitchell confirmed he was released by the Roosters with the club backing down on a threat to block the move.

Demanding a payment of $127,000 from bitter rivals South Sydney, the Roosters denied Mitchell’s first release request on Sunday morning and ordered the centre to report to Moore Park for Roosters training on Monday morning.

Latrell Mitchell won back-to-back premierships with the Roosters. Picture: Phil Hillyard
Mitchell was also warned that he would “breach his contract” if he failed to show.

A series of calls from Mitchell’s management team convinced the Roosters to drop the compensation demand and release the point scoring whiz from the final year of his deal.

On Sunday night the 22-year-old was driving back from Taree, where he spent the weekend jetskiing, and is expected to report to Redfern to sign his South Sydney deal.

After being wined and dine by Russell Crowe on the actor’s Nana Glen estate, Mitchell knocked back the Rabbitohs first offer on Friday.

While certain that he wanted to play for Souths after meeting both Crowe and Wayne Bennett earlier in the week, Mitchell was unhappy with the first up offer, reported to be worth $1.4m over two-years.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Your current 7 day forecast during severe weather season, watch Sky News Weather. For more

Latrell Mitchell has officially joined Souths.
Mitchell agreed to join the Rabbitohs on Saturday night when a new and improved offer was made.

The Daily Telegraph understands Mitchell will on Monday sign a one-year deal with another one-year option in the club’s favour.

The Australian Test centre will have to set off a series of performance-based triggers for the second year of the contract to be activated.

It is also understood that Mitchell has been given a verbal guarantee that he will play fullback.

After an extended three-month break, Mitchell will tomorrow begin his NRL pre-season when he joins the Rabbitohs full-time squad.

Having not taken part in a NRL club training session since before the NRL grand final – 99 days ago - Mitchell will be racing the clock to get fit for the Rabbitohs round one clash against the Sharks on March 14.

Souths are confident that Mitchell’s extended break will not affect his season start.

Mitchell prematurely announced his exit from the Roosters in an Instagram post last week.

“I want to thank the Sydney Roosters for everything they have done for me and my family” Mitchell wrote.

“I cannot describe the way I feel right now but just wanted to let everyone know involved in my career through my stint here, I am so very grateful for you all.

“To the fans, thank you! It wouldn't be a game without you.

“Nothing has been made official as of yet. But my stay at the Roosters has come to an end. On to the next chapter where ever that may be.”

That chapter will officially be confirmed as South Sydney on Monday.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know the NRL are doing all they can to facilitate the "Pride of the League", but I think they are going to struggle... Latrell was able to get away with his laziness at the Roosters due to having such a solid unit around him.. but Souths don't have that, and we saw how vulnerable they already are when they met the Roosters in the semis

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually cant blame the roosters for wanting the $116k theyve paid him since oct for doing sweet fa

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Say whatever you want. I think it’s a great signing for Souths. 800k for latrell is a good addition