Yet to decide my future : Mitchell rejects Rabbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A one-year deal with a one-year option in his favour, the written offer fell “well-short” of what Mitchell had been expecting following a $1.2m a year bid from the Wests Tigers.

The knock back came less than 24-hour after Mitchell travelled to Coffs Harbour with his father Matt for a private dinner with Crowe.

Wined and dined by the Academy Award winner on the 400-acre estate in Nana Glen, Mitchell was highly impressed by both Crowe and his pitch.

It is understood Crowe, a South Sydney co-owner, spoke about the Rabbitohs’ proud history before telling Mitchell he wanted him to be part of the club’s future.”...
...”While no financial figures or terms were discussed, Mitchell was ready to become a Rabbitoh when he left.

The meeting with Crowe came just a day after Mitchell finally sat down with Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett to discuss football.

But in yet another twist, Mitchell’s manager Matt Rose rejected the Rabbitohs on Friday morning after the club made their official offer.

Mitchell conceded his future remained undecided after confirming his meeting with Crowe.

“It was fantastic to meet Russell Crowe, he is a generous host and very passionate about the Rabbitohs but the truth is I’m yet to decide my future,” Mitchell said.

“I’ve got a number of things to weigh up and I hope to be able to announce my new club in the coming days.’’

Mitchell remains hopeful of coming to terms with the Rabbitohs after Rose made a counteroffer to the club on Friday night.”...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I no people who have dealt with matt rose personally and I have mentioned it on the forum in the past all he cares about is money and himself Mitchell has shot himself in the foot by making him his manager same as walker

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is this bloke for real . I hope he fucks off and plays for Japan sick of hearing this mut and his contract.
Damn straight! I'm fucking over it too. I don't give a fuck how talented he is, the guy is a mercenary and this circus has been an absolute shit show.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel a sense of pride that we were the first club to not bend the knee to his ridiculous demands!! So many people questioned this decision and lost their shit that we didn't sign him, but their decision has well and truly been vindicated by now!!!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fake straight! I'm fucking over it too. I don't give a fuck how talented he is, the guy is a mercenary and this circus has been an absolute shit show.
As I said when I posted that article in the rumours section, I can’t believe people here still want us involved in this circus

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sign him up :tonguewink:.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I must say I'm surprised. I mean I never understood why he was taking massive unders but now I guess he never expected they were gonna low ball him.

I can't really imagine any nrl club is going to offer much more than 600k though this close to season kick off.

This reminds me of a band called Dethklok. Some idiot promoter offer them ridiculous money to come to Australia, but it fell through. After that though they rejected all future offers because they were so much lower (but more realistic based on their pulling power here).

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes for a stint in Japan or France.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You could make a soap opera out of this guys life. Absolute drama queen.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we've missed out on him to be honest. We were so quick to sign a broken Halfback for $1M a year, yet here we have a proven winner, point scorer and goal kicker and we've watched him sail by.

Look at our dismal membership numbers. We've averaged 10 points a game for the last 4 years and as a result the fans don't want to pay to watch us play a dire 2 hour game anymore. The kids follow us by force rather than choice and passion like we all did. Fuck it's tough times.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you go from leaving wayde rushton and the mega deal he delivered to him from the tigers.....to changing managers and taking unders?
Guess the BMW he lent him must have been a smooth ride
A one-year deal with a one-year option in his favour, the written offer fell “well-short” of what Mitchell had been expecting following a $1.2m a year bid from the Wests Tigers.

The knock back came less than 24-hour after Mitchell travelled to Coffs Harbour with his father Matt for a private dinner with Crowe.

Wined and dined by the Academy Award winner on the 400-acre estate in Nana Glen, Mitchell was highly impressed by both Crowe and his pitch.

It is understood Crowe, a South Sydney co-owner, spoke about the Rabbitohs’ proud history before telling Mitchell he wanted him to be part of the club’s future.”...
...”While no financial figures or terms were discussed, Mitchell was ready to become a Rabbitoh when he left.

The meeting with Crowe came just a day after Mitchell finally sat down with Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett to discuss football.

But in yet another twist, Mitchell’s manager Matt Rose rejected the Rabbitohs on Friday morning after the club made their official offer.

Mitchell conceded his future remained undecided after confirming his meeting with Crowe.

“It was fantastic to meet Russell Crowe, he is a generous host and very passionate about the Rabbitohs but the truth is I’m yet to decide my future,” Mitchell said.

“I’ve got a number of things to weigh up and I hope to be able to announce my new club in the coming days.’’

Mitchell remains hopeful of coming to terms with the Rabbitohs after Rose made a counteroffer to the club on Friday night.”...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I no people who have dealt with matt rose personally and I have mentioned it on the forum in the past all he cares about is money and himself Mitchell has shot himself in the foot by making him his manager same as walker

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You could make a soap opera out of this guys life. Absolute drama queen.
I reckon it's sinking into save face time. 3 managers, reduced offers...one last colluding bs fluffing around to convince the clubs and public it's all kosher. Worked out to go down like this by Todd, Bennett and Bennett's new manager he got for LM, NRL sc dude, Crowe.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's no denying that Latrell and his multiple advisors have botched these negotiations all along and ruined his reputation and value in the process and we're all over this whole saga..

That being said, i don't blame him for not accepting such a low offer and was shocked when i found out that Souths made such a low offer and thought it would be accepted..

I still fully expect him to sign with Souths though and this is just one last twist..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This is all a facade to make all the fools believe due process was taken and that he was signed to a market value deal and not severe unders. 100 percent he will be at souffs and whatever value is publicly stated, you can't bet that won't be what he's listed on in the cap

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely every private conversation/negotiation seems to get leaked to the media just shows how bogan his management are.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
late last minute offer by the dogs
No thanks. Buy someone based only on money, youll lose them on money too. Mitchell...mercenary for hire...aka the latest edition of SBW. Would rather keep looking for and developing talent.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Blow hard. To young and it all went to his head to quick. Hope all nrl clubs reject him (obviously won’t happen) but he just wants too much attention. Still very immature. Lots of growing up to do mentally.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
This is all a facade to make all the fools believe due process was taken and that he was signed to a market value deal and not severe unders. 100 percent he will be at souffs and whatever value is publicly stated, you can't bet that won't be what he's listed on in the cap
Absolute truth spoken there mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.