Official A MESSAGE FROM THE BOSS

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The board has done a decent job so far but there’s nothing they have done that makes you sit back and go wow. The focus they have done improving junior development is probably the biggest feather in their cap. A part from that they have just done the status quo of what you’d expect a normal board to do.

It’s going to be very interesting to see what they do if Pay puts them in a corner early next season with a poor start. We will find out exactly what the board are made of.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve hit the reset button so many fucking times maybe it’s time to throw the shit out.

I don’t believe for one second that we should have been in a rebuilding phase for this long and I still don’t think pay is getting the most out of the team.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We’ve hit the reset button so many fucking times maybe it’s time to throw the shit out.

I don’t believe for one second that we should have been in a rebuilding phase for this long and I still don’t think pay is getting the most out of the team.
Reset button must be stuck down.... lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That appears the core issue..turning fans into members. Might be the Exec responsibility for sure but the Club as a whole wears the flack.

I know they announced the packs for January arrival but many are bought as xmas presents and its a problem we've had before. It causes some fans to not bother buying again cos they want to present a gift not a piece of paper :grinning:

A small thing but a constant issue like that, that is not fixed, fans lose faith.

I'm just searching for valid reasons for our poor numbers is all. It's a worry atm but get a bunch of exciting players (or the ones we have play outa their skin :grinning:, a winning entertaining team and they'll be back on board.

It's more growing the base we have to work on. You know I reckon we need some x factor, flair, points.

All coming you say. I hear ya.
Yep, the club is not faultless but haters who just automatically assume it’s 100% their fault have no idea. Who the hell knows - maybe Classic had issues with their suppliers. Should we change suppliers - maybe - can the messaging and processes improve? Yes. But this keyboard warrior bollocks assuming 100% incompetence of the club is pathetic.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The board has done a decent job so far but there’s nothing they have done that makes you sit back and go wow. The focus they have done improving junior development is probably the biggest feather in their cap. A part from that they have just done the status quo of what you’d expect a normal board to do.

It’s going to be very interesting to see what they do if Pay puts them in a corner early next season with a poor start. We will find out exactly what the board are made of.
If someone can name me a board of any company anywhere in the world that has a ‘wow’ factor I’d love to hear it. Boards are not there for wow - that’s the job of marketing - they are there for governance and responsibility to shareholders only. If/when they screw that up, they are replaced. Recent example Westpac where the Chair and CEO are now both gone due to their incompetence. What do people expect and especially when most are not shareholders?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep, the club is not faultless but haters who just automatically assume it’s 100% their fault have no idea. Who the hell knows - maybe Classic had issues with their suppliers. Should we change suppliers - maybe - can the messaging and processes improve? Yes. But this keyboard warrior bollocks assuming 100% incompetence of the club is pathetic.
And we all know who was so excited to tell us he had landed the best deal in sporting history when we linked up with classic, funnily enough, just before we booted him out at the election

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you do if you don’t like the political party that are in?
Tell them why you aren’t happy and vote for someone else. The club aren’t mind readers and people I have spoken to just think it’s only due to the fact we aren’t winning
This is a board of directors, not a political party.
There’s always a rival opposition in politics. There isn’t always one in a board election.

Speak to whoever you want.

The football isn’t great, I’ll give them a year or two more to see if what they’re doing now comes to fruition.
The business side isn’t great either. Again, another year or two to see what they will do to fix this issue also.

We, as stakeholders, can let them know that their positions aren’t iron clad. So ship up or ship out

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If someone can name me a board of any company anywhere in the world that has a ‘wow’ factor I’d love to hear it. Boards are not there for wow - that’s the job of marketing - they are there for governance and responsibility to shareholders only. If/when they screw that up, they are replaced. Recent example Westpac where the Chair and CEO are now both gone due to their incompetence. What do people expect and especially when most are not shareholders?
Using a multi national company board in comparison to a football club board is totally ridiculous. Plenty of the board members at the club are in sub committees and have a huge say on things. When I say wow I mean something the club has done in the last 2 years that has made me think they are going places or that we have innovative staff in admin and at board level. They haven’t done a bad job but they haven’t done a great one either it’s just average for mine.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, I know @Sancho2020

- TL;DR
- LOL
- Funny

But care to actually answer the question?
What would you have done differently?
How would your strategy be better?
I’m seriously keen to hear...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100% ;)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Using a multi national company board in comparison to a football club board is totally ridiculous. Plenty of the board members at the club are in sub committees and have a huge say on things. When I say wow I mean something the club has done in the last 2 years that has made me think they are going places or that we have innovative staff in admin and at board level. They haven’t done a bad job but they haven’t done a great one either it’s just average for mine.
Ridiculous? How? Because they are different sized businesses? Governance is governance no matter how you slice it. Do you perhaps mean regulatory? The point is boards are not there to impress - they are there to ensure the business runs correctly. There is no sizzle and no thanks. Marketing is there to impress and yes, the Dogs have some deficiencies there definitely.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well loosing our major sponsor didnt help with jersey. But...

Not bagging just looking for improvement and constructive suggestions (you have to explain your motivations these days or straight to Bleaters Benches ;) But this happens every year it seems so is one area that should be ready for improvement.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lynne can you just leave. And take dean gay with you. Regards a common sensed fan.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Not bagging just looking for improvement and constructive suggestions (you have to explain your motivations these days or straight to Bleaters Benches ;) But this happens every year it seems so is one area that should be ready for improvement.
Losing* can confirm the sponsor wasn’t “loose”

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous? How? Because they are different sized businesses? Governance is governance no matter how you slice it. Do you perhaps mean regulatory? The point is boards are not there to impress - they are there to ensure the business runs correctly. There is no sizzle and no thanks. Marketing is there to impress and yes, the Dogs have some deficiencies there definitely.
I’m not talking specifically about marketing there. A football club board isn’t like a regular board they have a huge say on what’s going on within the club. Opes was basically running the joint while he was sitting on the board.
Crowds, memberships, on-field results, sponsorship and corporate support is all not where is should be. The clubs finances are in terrible shape of course the Leagues Club bails them out but being $4 mill in the hole is hardly good news.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Nothing wrong with constructive debate.
Bleating without context and general hate is the problem and there’s too much of that today - not enough willing to tackle the actual problem and say ‘here’s how I’d approach it’ - that says so much more than scorn filled posts that say nothing.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not talking specifically about marketing there. A football club board isn’t like a regular board they have a huge say on what’s going on within the club. Opes was basically running the joint while he was sitting on the board.
Crowds, memberships, on-field results, sponsorship and corporate support is all not where is should be. The clubs finances are in terrible shape of course the Leagues Club bails them out but being $4 mill in the hole is hardly good news.
And that’s where we perhaps have a problem with church and state...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes, I know @Sancho2020

- TL;DR
- LOL
- Funny

But care to actually answer the question?
What would you have done differently?
How would your strategy be better?
I’m seriously keen to hear...
Ahh I dunno, maybe actually hired the required number of staff within a 2 year period for starters?

I could go on with many valid points but I'm really not bothered or qualified. Do I think the current lot is shit? Maybe? Do I think they've done anything above a beyond the average board? Fuck no.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Replace with who specifically and what measurable improvements would follow?
I have no idea bro, I am just admittedly still salty Jim ddymmick didn’t get the gig lol. Also I saw straight through the words dean gay was preaching before his first season. “I’ll bring dogs of war back” yet complained about versing hard teams on the roster lol. Also I don’t notice a difference from dib to Lynne.