Official Latrell Mitchell to Souths

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mi...roosters-want-money-back-20200109-p53q6c.html

Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell has finally agreed to terms with South Sydney, who are confident he will be at Redfern on Monday morning for his first training session.

"Another final stumbling block could be the Roosters, who are expected to ask for the $116,000 they have already paid the 22-year-old international since November to be returned to them."
So much for the people saying Roosters would pitch in if we signed him. Told them so

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So much for the people saying Roosters would pitch in if we signed him. Told them so
In defence of those people who did say "roosters" would pitch in, it was a direct quote from roosters officials. I think it's because Souths have signed him that the Roosters are dirty. LOL

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was only a matter of time.

That cap auditor sure is doing a great job to protect the integrity of the competition...

He signed for 400k less than the Tigers offered. And for three less seasons. And yet no one questions this in the media...

Fuck this sport and this corrupt competiton.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
In defence of those people who did say "roosters" would pitch in, it was a direct quote from roosters officials. I think it's because Souths have signed him that the Roosters are dirty. LOL
I didn’t see that quote. The roosters would be furious Souths got him haha

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ro...ng-as-it-s-not-to-souths-20191109-p5391a.html
The Roosters are prepared to let Latrell Mitchell walk away from the club in 2020 - as long as he doesn't join arch-rivals South Sydney.

The Herald can reveal Roosters officials have held talks with Tigers powerbrokers about Mitchell's future in the last two days, with the Tricolours eager to steer Mitchell away from their rivals on the other side of Anzac Parade.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn’t see that quote. The roosters would be furious Souths got him haha
It's certainly appearing that way LOL ... it's good to sit back and watch these two clubs who undoubtedly get favouritism publicly go at it. Hopefully, it gets a lot nastier.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So looks like Frank was on the money.
He was. And i got the amount right.. 600k for this season..

I've been told Douhehi might be moved on as he will be languishing in reserves and was re-signed with the promise of being a starting player.

Although he's a good utility player and backup at several positions so Bennett might keep him despite Douhehi being frustrated and wanting out...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

That cap auditor sure is doing a great job to protect the integrity of the competition...

He signed for 400k less than the Tigers offered. And for three less seasons. And yet no one questions this in the media...

By this decision you can cheat the cap. Get caught and just register the players on a smaller contract and it should be good.

Anything under 800k and it’s a rort. And funny thing is nrl didn’t even discover this. It was apparent and they still let it slide.

But to waive forans contract because he was injured in a rep game and is likely missing atleast half the year, no. We have to assess that.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
By this decision you can cheat the cap. Get caught and just register the players on a smaller contract and it should be good.

Anything under 800k and it’s a rort. And funny thing is nrl didn’t even discover this. It was apparent and they still let it slide.

But to waive forans contract because he was injured in a rep game and is likely missing atleast half the year, no. We have to assess that.
I've been saying it for years.. Every team should cheat the cap and deal with the consequences later. The NRL either turn a blind eye for certain clubs or can't determine who is cheating unless a whistleblower does their job for them..

So any club that tries to stay under the cap is playing on an uneven playing field and only cheating themselves..

Again, the lack of complaints from the other clubs and lack of discussion about this in the media are staggering. It's as if no one cares..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've been saying it for years.. Every team should cheat the cap and deal with the consequences later. The NRL either turn a blind eye for certain clubs or can't determine who is cheating unless a whistleblower does their job for them..

So any club that tries to stay under the cap is playing on an uneven playing field and only cheating themselves..

Again, the lack of complaints from the other clubs and lack of discussion about this in the media are staggering. It's as if no one cares..
Under this administration 100% cheating is viable. Under Gallop he would make you pay... No stones the current mob

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The gap between the top few teams and the rest in widening every year. But thats what happens when they get to play by different rules I guess.
Even if we had an advantage our board would probably only offer players two extra cans of spaghetti per weeks ffs

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember back when George Piggins said there is something fishy when Souths offer the highest contracts and still players sign with other clubs for less!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Even if we had an advantage our board would probably only offer players two extra cans of spaghetti per weeks ffs
SPC or Heinz could sponsor us

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don’t think we should exactly take “ it’s believed” as gospel for one and for another point; they can ask for my last 3 months of pay back: Incan also say fuck off

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember back when George Piggins said there is something fishy when Souths offer the highest contracts and still players sign with other clubs for less!
Exactly. Souths fans cried poor for decades and hated the Roosters because they would buy everyone and cheat, yet now Souths are just as bad as the Roosters, if not worse, since Bennett took over...

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And this secures his future for his family how?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Greenberg must be overthrown