Opinion Who do you think will have a breakout year for the Bulldogs???

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe. Barba is a natural ball player, alot like young wakeham. Dallin is more in your mick potter mould, more strengh and power running.
I think reimis to centre is a massive mistake in making, he is too upright in defence to defend at centre much like dane gagai.
People are not going to like this but i think meaney can still be a better fullback down the track. If he wants it bad enough.
The quicker young wakeham and averillo become our halves the better.
And i think rfm will have a big year now bloody finally he is being used properly in his best position. But we will let him go after this season watch, des will get him back and manly will win another comp.
I guess im with marley on this one. Another slow start then fuck what where using, and bring in our youth.
Manly blooded plenty of young kids that most on here would just call down right crazy, look how good they went, youth brings energy, speed and have not been coached as robots, yet.
I dont see point of not using one of our young centres, only way to find out if they will make it or not.
Otherwise start writing out release contracts and bring in kids that can handle first grade.
Over this babying and protecting them for 10 years crap. Play them or they will go elsewhere.
Tommy talau left cause he wasnt waiting another 7 years to play first grade because he is younger.
Smart move look how his career and bank account is going to start 5 or 6 years earlier than here.
We play mediocre players and stick with them, i would have left as well.
But your right bob dog we need another big year from dallin to keep us in games.
Jeremy marshall king had nothing. We developed him in first grade, now we have wakeham and jake and a few others and we will play them in flegg till they sign elswhere.
I agree Reimis should stay on the wing.
I don't think your conclusion on Talau is the whole story. Apparently his father wanted a role to do with the Flegg coaching and when that didn't happen the toys got thrown out of the cot and Tommy was encouraged to leave.
There's usually more than meets the eye on these things.
Again it sounds like the club are blamed for 'stupidity' or whatever the word of the day is when there are likely good reasons for the decisions being made - not simply because they're 'not ready' (although this could be part of it).
Manly had no choice but to blood kids due to their salary cap problems that were originally caused by - guess who - Des - the same thing we are still recovering from. Why they took him back is anyone's guess - maybe couldn't attract another senior coach after Barrett exposed the truth about the facilities - since confirmed by Willie Mason.
Yes, they had a decent 2019 - but we'll see if that momentum continues - their first choice hooker is currently up on charges so decent chance they need to look elsewhere for #9.
Please place your RFM -> Manly -> Premiership prediction in 'Mark My Words' and we'll see.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
jackson topine?..is he in the nrl top 30..if he is id love to c him blooded

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
jackson topine?..is he in the nrl top 30..if he is id love to c him blooded
There’s no chance you’ll see him this year in NRL he’s not in the top 30 or development players. Hopefully he gets game time in reggies and NRL in 21.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
kid needs to be locked up and his mate javvier pitovao

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here : in my travels I saw cogger and toomaga go to a level we have been waiting for. Tolman gets benched half way through year for toomaga . Harper cracks other centre position, lines up next to Meaney. Dean pay signs 3 year extension. JMK in line for dally M. We reach top 4 and I don’t want to ruin anything . Good things is head
yes head is a good thing on that we agree

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stimson will be one of the buys of the season... runs a good line, runs hard, has pace, has mongrel, has skill... this will be his breakout year

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stimson will be one of the buys of the season... runs a good line, runs hard, has pace, has mongrel, has skill... this will be his breakout year
Just a thought, if he is that good, bellamy would have tried to keep him. In his mind bromwich is in front of stimson.
Not saying he is not going to be a good buy. Just not as confident as you or some ppl here. He had some good games last year but some of our edge forwards would too imo playing for that storm team.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a thought, if he is that good, bellamy would have tried to keep him. In his mind bromwich is in front of stimson.
Not saying he is not going to be a good buy. Just not as confident as you or some ppl here. He had some good games last year but some of our edge forwards would too imo playing for that storm team.

to be fair though, Bromwich probably had his best season, and was one of the form players of 2019..I don't know what it is but there is just something about the guy... he plays with that, you're going to have to bring your best to beat me type of attitude that I personally love... he is a dog of war for sure

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe where all wrong. It might be pay that has a breakout year from his contract if we start like reserve graders again.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe where all wrong. It might be pay that has a breakout year from his contract if we start like reserve graders again.

see much of the team were, in fact, reserve graders... not sure why you're giving Pay shit about that