Official Latrell Mitchell to Souths

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
HOnestly, moved on from Mitchell some time ago. Doesn't have the right attitude for our club. Good luck to him at whatever club he signs for as I honestly think he's going to have a heap of troubles in the coming years
Yup his either going to blitz it or go walkabout

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe man but I hope not. The roosters claim they never pay for players to pay for other clubs. It will be interesting to see if they do. I wonder if Kumbaya is still around around to comment?

If he signs for less than the roosters were offering after making his asking price a million or more it’s pretty suss
Im not saying the roisters are paying him but their contracts start from October so they have paid him from oct till now thats what im referring too.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't they have to pay him his market value for the NRL to register? Surely a superstar like him would be a minimum of 600k.
400k is what someone like Elliott is on..
Its $400k plus what roosters already have paid him since October

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
So if the roosters have already paid a 1/4 of his contact, that’s $400K plus a quarter of what he was on, which from memory was half a mil in the final year of his contract - so $525k total for 2020.

If the Roosters did offer him $800k plus, how could the NRL possibly register the contract, and that’s forgetting the ‘overs’ offers that were allegedly made? Who determines market value in this instance?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who determines market value in this instance?

Whoever Souths/Todd appoint lol

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he signs on for $400K at Souths I’ll deadset give it away. How can you have an $800K contract. And settle for that amount when you could of been playing for a mil a season at another club. The NRL are fucked if they register this contract.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll start with this - in all honesty, I’m a blue and white eyed Bulldogs fan since 78’ and I don’t care who runs the club so long as they do a good job. I wasn’t a huge fan of Dib and co, and to be honest, I don’t think this board is setting the world on fire either. We are extending a lot of contracts for guys who had a good 2 months of football when there was nothing left to play for. Yes it was great and I loved how they played above their weight, but truth is the season was gone. I hope this faith they are putting in them doesn’t back fire because a lot of our recruitment and retention team will have BIG questions to answer if we start shit again. I’m not to proud to say I really hope I am wrong. Happy to be wrong so long as it means my Dogs are killing it!

That said, it appears now we have pulled right out of probably the best player available who appears good enough for a team who is miles better than us, and have recruited Arrow and have some serious talent already on their books.

I can’t help but feel we have really f@&ked up here.

hope I’m wrong
Respect for your post but I wouldn't invest in anyone who has not been tried and tested for a full season in the position of fullback, the only position he wants to play for $1M. Just imagine he is a flop at FB, what does the coach do? Drop him of course. Then you have a disgruntled player that can cause major problems to the team and he then thinks he is bigger than the club. This is why the Roosters have taken the stance they have.

It's about RESPECT and wanting to play for the club. Mitchell thinks one or two good years has him believing he has earned it when he hasn't.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he signs on for $400K at Souths I’ll deadset give it away. How can you have an $800K contract. And settle for that amount when you could of been playing for a mil a season at another club. The NRL are fucked if they register this contract.
The issue is his contract isnt $800k this year with the roosters.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who determines market value in this instance?

Whoever Souths/Todd appoint lol
NRL auditor has final say on Latrell contract
Pamela Whaley, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only

|

January 7, 2020 7:10am

A list of earnings of every NRL player will help the game’s salary cap auditor determine Latrell Mitchell’s market value should he accept a cut-price contract from South Sydney.

It’s understood NRL auditor Richard Gardham has final discretion to determine market value using a list of comparative players to reach his decision.

Already this summer Mitchell has been offered wildly different contract sums including more than $1 million per season from the Wests Tigers and a withdrawn contract from the Roosters worth $800,000 per year.

South Sydney’s $400,000, one-year deal makes Gardham’s determination even more important, given NRL’s salary cap laws state a player cannot be registered on a contract worth considerably less than his market value.

However, the sum of the Souths deal could be boosted if the Roosters agree to pay part of his contract for this season.

Latrell Mitchell has been offered wildly different contract sums. Picture: Phil Hillyard
The 22-year-old Kangaroos and State of Origin representative is considered one of the best in the game, and his value will be determined in similar company, such as James Tedesco, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Tom Trbojevic. All three are on considerably higher salaries.

It’s believed Souths’ cut-price sum is due to limited space in the salary cap as their priority was to bring Queensland forward Jai Arrow to the club in 2020. However, it could all change given Monday’s confirmation of Arrow’s arrival at Redfern in 2021, with Gold Coast reluctant to let their State of Origin star go for the upcoming season.

This could free up space in Souths’ salary cap to sign Mitchell on a more substantial contract in 2020, allowing time for the club to offload another player to make room for him in 2021.

It’s been reported both Alex Johnston and Dane Gagai could be offloaded to another NRL club.

As the rest of his premiership teammates returned to training on Monday, Mitchell remained with his family on NSW’s north coast after being granted a leave of absence from club duties.

Although he is contracted to the Roosters for 2020, it’s believed he has played his last game for the club.

However, the longer the situation drags on, the more money the Roosters will pay Mitchell unnecessarily while he is on leave.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Subscriber only

|

A list of earnings of every NRL player will help the game’s salary cap auditor determine Latrell Mitchell’s market value should he accept a cut-price contract from South Sydney.

It’s understood NRL auditor Richard Gardham has final discretion to determine market value using a list of comparative players to reach his decision.

Already this summer Mitchell has been offered wildly different contract sums including more than $1 million per season from the Wests Tigers and a withdrawn contract from the Roosters worth $800,000 per year.

South Sydney’s $400,000, one-year deal makes Gardham’s determination even more important, given NRL’s salary cap laws state a player cannot be registered on a contract worth considerably less than his market value.

However, the sum of the Souths deal could be boosted if the Roosters agree to pay part of his contract for this season.

Latrell Mitchell has been offered wildly different contract sums. Picture: Phil Hillyard
The 22-year-old Kangaroos and State of Origin representative is considered one of the best in the game, and his value will be determined in similar company, such as James Tedesco, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Tom Trbojevic. All three are on considerably higher salaries.

It’s believed Souths’ cut-price sum is due to limited space in the salary cap as their priority was to bring Queensland forward Jai Arrow to the club in 2020. However, it could all change given Monday’s confirmation of Arrow’s arrival at Redfern in 2021, with Gold Coast reluctant to let their State of Origin star go for the upcoming season.

This could free up space in Souths’ salary cap to sign Mitchell on a more substantial contract in 2020, allowing time for the club to offload another player to make room for him in 2021.

It’s been reported both Alex Johnston and Dane Gagai could be offloaded to another NRL club.

As the rest of his premiership teammates returned to training on Monday, Mitchell remained with his family on NSW’s north coast after being granted a leave of absence from club duties.

Although he is contracted to the Roosters for 2020, it’s believed he has played his last game for the club.

However, the longer the situation drags on, the more money the Roosters will pay Mitchell unnecessarily while he is on leave.
They NRL will approve it for sure ... This is just spin to try convince the doubters that the game is fair... when we all know it isn't

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Subscriber only

|

Isn't it funny how the rorters and Souffs always find a way around the cap to get the player their chasing ffs. I hope latrine gets smashed from piller to post and ends up on the sideline for the whole season.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how the rorters and Souffs always find a way around the cap to get the player their chasing ffs. I hope latrine gets smashed from piller to post and ends up on the sideline for the whole season.
One good thing for next season at least theyll have a shit forward pack which wont help their star backline

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I confirmed last night that Souths are offering 600k to Latrell on a one year deal and will keep $1 million aside (they always have a spare million thanks to Greenberg) for him for 2021 in case they want to re-sign him.

I told my mate that it's a disgrace that the NRL would approve a contract for 600k when he turned down 400k more per year over four years from the Tigers.. Even he acknowledged that Souths do get preferential treatment and the competition is imbalanced but all of this will still likely go ahead because the NRL is so corrupt..

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I confirmed last night that Souths are offering 600k to Latrell on a one year deal and will keep $1 million aside (they always have a spare million thanks to Greenberg) for him for 2021 in case they want to re-sign him.

I told my mate that it's a disgrace that the NRL would approve a contract for 600k when he turned down 400k more per year over four years from the Tigers.. Even he acknowledged that Souths do get preferential treatment and the competition is imbalanced but all of this will still likely go ahead because the NRL is so corrupt..
I would laugh if we nabbed LM as a 5/8 for $700k next year ($350k cap relief incl), and made the JAC deal work.

Just imagine the wingeing Souffs fans going off their head at missing out on them.

Relax, I know it won’t happen for any number of reasons. I just love seeing Souffs suffer

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I would laugh if we nabbed LM as a 5/8 for $700k next year ($350k cap relief incl), and made the JAC deal work.

Just imagine the wingeing Souffs fans going off their head at missing out on them.

Relax, I know it won’t happen for any number of reasons. I just love seeing Souffs suffer
Instead they probz get both to go with arrow and we get ....

Dog 2195

Waterboy
Reaction score

You nether now these days NRL contracts are open to any NRL clubs

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Saga over.

Signed with Souths for fuck all and the Roosters are topping up the contract.

Did you guys hear about the bushfires and WW3?

Deflection deflection deflection.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mi...roosters-want-money-back-20200109-p53q6c.html

Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell has finally agreed to terms with South Sydney, who are confident he will be at Redfern on Monday morning for his first training session.

"Another final stumbling block could be the Roosters, who are expected to ask for the $116,000 they have already paid the 22-year-old international since November to be returned to them."

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The gap between the top few teams and the rest in widening every year. But thats what happens when they get to play by different rules I guess.