Official A MESSAGE FROM THE BOSS

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said it in another thread their approach to memberships was embarrassing this year. They went on sale later then most and the website is terrible to navigate. I don't think the club takes them very seriously.

Moving around from ANZ to Bankwest half way through the year could also be a factor.
Utterly embarrassing if I'm honest. Can't really comment too much on all the workings behind the scenes but those numbers make me want to cry. Fucking Titans have more than us the bunch of fucking inbred steriod pumping cousin fuckers. If we can't get more members than that lot then we ARE truly fucked!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I said it in another thread their approach to memberships was embarrassing this year. They went on sale later then most and the website is terrible to navigate. I don't think the club takes them very seriously.

Moving around from ANZ to Bankwest half way through the year could also be a factor.
Yeah, I actually had some potential business with the club about 5 years ago and it was obvious they weren't willing to spend any money - they wanted everything quid pro quo - which just wasn't going to work - even as a supporter/member I wanted to help.
My dealings were mostly with the sponsorship/membership team at the time (all of whom I think are gone now). I agree they need to bolster this part of the business - whether it's the people, the tools or both.

Bankwest is really the best of a bad situation - a good stadium, not in a great location, but pretty much no other choice available. Maybe the simultaneous re-devs of SFS and ANZ wasn't the best idea in hindsight.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will attend the members forum just to listen in and hear what’s going on first hand,some good points of discussion & questions asked at times
The board are safe as houses this time around but things will be definitely not the same in two years if progress is not evident
We need a team showing results fast,Pay will be the first to feel pressure if losses start mounting up no doubt

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just more fluff from the boss.
How about a message with some substance.
I still believe they need a younger crew at board level with some new ideas.
Whilst our values, and our identity is important to Lynn for obvious reasons we cannot continue to run the club like we did in the 80's we need to evolve,become leaders and innovative along the way

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I actually had some potential business with the club about 5 years ago and it was obvious they weren't willing to spend any money - they wanted everything quid pro quo - which just wasn't going to work - even as a supporter/member I wanted to help.
My dealings were mostly with the sponsorship/membership team at the time (all of whom I think are gone now). I agree they need to bolster this part of the business - whether it's the people, the tools or both.

Bankwest is really the best of a bad situation - a good stadium, not in a great location, but pretty much no other choice available. Maybe the simultaneous re-devs of SFS and ANZ wasn't the best idea in hindsight.
Yeah I haven't had the best service when dealing with that side of things either. My mates and I went in for a corp box to home games for a few years and we had to do all the chasing up. If I were a business and were still deciding on getting it I would have walked away.

Bankwest is easily the best option as far as I'm concerned but I'm sure not every one agrees. There's probably more like Twin Turbo who have walked away because of the move.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Player recruitment and sponsorship I'm quite understanding on as these things take time. I think for both of these we'lll come out on top.

However, I honestly didn't realise how bad our membership numbers are. That's absolutely embarrassing for a club of our stature. People can say all they like about having a winning team etc etc. the fans are the blood of the team. If the fans aren't turning up and showing their loyalty how can the club function?

I'd really like to see how they're approaching this. Just waiting for better performances on the pitch isn't enough.
Agree. Soufs still had significant members when they were rubbish / before the Rusty era.
Tigers have good numbers for a team that would always make the Top 9.
I don't understand why 'fans' don't sign up - there are all sorts of package for all sorts of budgets. I'm not sure how the club can force the issue?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whilst our values, and our identity is important to Lynn for obvious reasons we cannot continue to run the club like we did in the 80's we need to evolve,become leaders and innovative along the way
I'm not sure about a younger board but I would like to see it more diverse.

I was a bit disappointed when Thomas and P Mortimer were given a seat as I thought it was a chance to get someone different that wasn't a former player running a small/medium size business.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes - any business that stands still is in serious trouble.
But since the sleeves were rolled up and the 'reset' largely completed in the past 2 years - the next 2 years need to be about marching forward with some obvious results on and off the field.
A modern business with a tip of the hat to the past, brand and culture wise, but not relying on the past.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Utterly embarrassing if I'm honest. Can't really comment too much on all the workings behind the scenes but those numbers make me want to cry. Fucking Titans have more than us the bunch of fucking inbred steriod pumping cousin fuckers. If we can't get more members than that lot then we ARE truly fucked!
Titans have the 'benefit' (a stretch perhaps) of being a one team town. I haven't been convinced that there's room for 9 Sydney clubs for some time now, unless there's some two-tier competition, but even then I don't know RL has enough playing talent to do that.
The game has a number of challenges and extracting every dollar from broadcasters and winning the TV ratings are simply not enough to drive it forward in a competitive market (other sports, other recreational activities).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Player recruitment and sponsorship I'm quite understanding on as these things take time. I think for both of these we'lll come out on top.

However, I honestly didn't realise how bad our membership numbers are. That's absolutely embarrassing for a club of our stature. People can say all they like about having a winning team etc etc. the fans are the blood of the team. If the fans aren't turning up and showing their loyalty how can the club function?

I'd really like to see how they're approaching this. Just waiting for better performances on the pitch isn't enough.
It’s quite pathetic isn’t it mate. I know what you’re saying Spoonman but in the not too distant past fans wouldn’t care about crap like the website, a logo on the jersey or where they sit etc, they just came because they love the bulldogs and want to SUPPORT them

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
OK you LOL while we discuss what matters. To be fair, you likely need time to come up with your next user name. Cheers.
I'll expand this afternoon as i actually have to do real work today so I can't pickup my phone as much as I'd like. Fucking have the shakes and shit.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'll expand this afternoon as i actually have to do real work today so I can't pickup my phone as much as I'd like. Fucking have the shakes and shit.
Pesky work. Damn having to earn a living - don't they know who you think you are??
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on why 'reset' is not an appropriate word.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough. Who would you put in and what would you do differently?
This is one question the bleaters can never seem to answer.
Myself for starters would stop handing out jobs for mates.
And secondly i would have done more to strenghen this squad.
Thirdly i would stop treating the fans like where stupid by writing 2 pages of nothing except buying herself more time.
Hey they might even sell some memberships then.
I rate old lyn along with mal meninga. Big name u pay big money but has not much of an idea about how to run a team or club. Maybe im just scared from seeing her wright the same stuff when she was at titans.
I hope im wrong, but i fear that im not.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Myself for starters would stop handing out jobs for mates.
And secondly i would have done more to strenghen this squad.
Thirdly i would stop treating the fans like where stupid by writing 2 pages of nothing except buying herself more time.
Hey they might even sell some memberships then.
I rate old lyn along with mal meninga. Big name u pay big money but has not much of an idea about how to run a team or club. Maybe im just scared from seeing her wright the same stuff when she was at titans.
I hope im wrong, but i fear that im not.
Thanks for that.

re: mates - assume you're referring to P. Mortimer and J. Thomas. They were a bit left-field appointment wise but it's like trying to sell your car with dents on it - how do you attract top playing and admin talent when you've still got one leg in a hole?
I suspect the shape of the board running for election in 2022 will look different ie: Lynne might retire feeling her job is done if they get the next two years right. Her winning two leadership awards must say something about her management style. What happened at the Titans is far beyond her (see below).

re: squad strengthening - in my view we have to see what happens for 2021 before judgement can be passed. With ~10% of the cap sitting on the sideline for at least half of 2020 it's still a problem. No excuses for 2021 and beyond.

re: with the above don't we need more time? As I've said many times on here, this board needs two terms to have turned the ship around and set the right course. If they don't deliver obvious benefits in the next two years then of course it will be time for them to go.

Memberships are largely down to the 'fans' - so part on field results and part loyalty no matter what. Yes, the club can improve the way it communicates, sells and renews memberships - definitely - and I'm providing this feedback to them.

re: Titans - it's an important strip from Brisbane down through Northern NSW - but maybe the game is better served by a second Brisbane team or elsewhere in Queensland.
The Suns have proved the same in the AFL - it's a holiday town and locals just don't seem to get behind it enough to make it a commercial success. Players who go there seem to adapt to the lifestyle and for likely a number of reasons, it just doesn't work - Giants, Seagulls, Gladiators, Chargers, Titans - you can't polish a turd.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: they have done remarkable since in control . Everyone complaining can go and get crumpets and eat them plain you sooks. A kebab with no sauce isn’t a kebab no what I mean! By the end of the year this will be worth it. Major sponsor to be announce soon

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
3 forums all of which are on a wednesday night, a night which i work. Not that smart really.

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On the membership side of things, ive been trying to sign me and my family up all morning. That website is filled with errors, confirmation emails that wont etc.

Theres probally a few people who tried to join then gave up out of frustration