Bush Fires

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just read that some Australian radio stations have banned playing any songs that reference "fire" or "burning". I know the situation that Australia is facing right now is horrible but really, you have to ban songs. I just find that a little strange.
Peter Garrett would be pissed...

"Remember my song called Beds are Burning? This is what it was about. But you're not allowed to play it"

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
How fkn soft have we become as a country that we can't play music without worrying if someone is going to take offense.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
How fkn soft have we become as a country that we can't play music without worrying if someone is going to take offense.
And why would you even come out with a media statement confirming that you have banned certain songs.

IF you truly were doing it for the right reasons, wouldn't you just avoid playing them but not make it public?

This sounds like a radio station trying to get some publicity.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And why would you even come out with a media statement confirming that you have banned certain songs.

IF you truly were doing it for the right reasons, wouldn't you just avoid playing them but not make it public?

This sounds like a radio station trying to get some publicity.
Virtue signaling. A lefty classic

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think this was going on before he started but still agree.
Government needs to be a shame if themselves. Imagine if landholders were able to keep dams without any red tape imagine how helpful that would be right now.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Think this was going on before he started but still agree.
Government needs to be a shame if themselves. Imagine if landholders were able to keep dams without any red tape imagine how helpful that would be right now.
Yeah this has been the case for years now and it was retrospective so it didn’t matter if a dam was built 100 years ago on your property you are taxed on every litre you pump out fucking ridiculous

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah this has been the case for years now and it was retrospective so it didn’t matter if a dam was built 100 years ago on your property you are taxed on every litre you pump out fucking ridiculous
Yep. It's a pretty messed up prospect. Australian law provides very little protection for land or protection from taxation.

In the US if you buy a block of land, you own that land. All of it. You can dig a hole 100 metres down if you want. And anything you find down there is yours.

In Australia you own the top of the land. If you find oil or other minerals further down, it belongs to the government.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. It's a pretty messed up prospect. Australian law provides very little protection for land or protection from taxation.

In the US if you buy a block of land, you own that land. All of it. You can dig a hole 100 metres down if you want. And anything you find down there is yours.

In Australia you own the top of the land. If you find oil or other minerals further down, it belongs to the government.
Dead right our rights are eroded on a daily basis in this country. I had 1600 acres of cane land that I sold five years ago because I could see the writing on the wall with the water runoff legislation that was being introduced at the time best decision I ever made my mates that still have cane farms are struggling to keep up with the bureaucracy
Apathy is this country’s greatest enemy for mine.
Sorry for the rant lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Just like units and strata. You technically own the air space within the paint on the walls.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is offended?
This I am offended is an elite tactic to take away more rights and freedom

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
He needs our SAS for WW3.
Is the aussie SAS still relevant though?

Didn't PC and LGBT infiltrate and destroy them too?

Isn't there a 50/50 quota?
I always hear about women who want to become soldiers and fight on the frontline of major wars!