Former NRL stars predict wild card team 2020 (2 pick Dogs)

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Even I pick the doggs, said it earlier on, it’s our team so of course I’m going too..!! Top 8 is very possible if we play how we did the end of last year.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don't think we're a top 8 team, sadly. We played well last year when Foran wasn't injured, and then he got injured. DWZ can only do so much at fullback. It's going to be a long year for us, but thankfully it's the last year of the Hasler effect. Foran won't be getting another contract with us.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are no excuses for poor performance after poor performance this year, if we reproduce what we did at the end of last year we should be in the top 8 and the bain of many of the more fancied teams.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
There are no excuses for poor performance after poor performance this year, if we reproduce what we did at the end of last year we should be in the top 8 and the bain of many of the more fancied teams.
Frankly my expectations are low, Des shat on us from such a great height, the losing games doesn't pain me anymore like it once did.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/09/former-nrl-stars-predict-the-wild-card-team-of-2020/

Both Wendell Sailor and Amos Roberts pick the Dogs, and both for the same basic reason, the back end of last season. Other teams picked are Parra, Manly, and Knights.

Interesting to hear neutral perspective...
Yeh its about right. Parra should go well depending on what happens with Sivo and his sexual assault charges. Same with Manly, they have the players to do well. We havent lost big players this offseason like previous ones, so no reason we cannot build on last years finish. As far as Foran being out goes, at least this year we are prepared for it. Kinda glad he did his shoulder when he did, rather than in round 1 or 2.

I dont expect us to be premiers or anything, and top 4 might be a stretch too, but i dont see top 8 being unreachable. We only missed it by a few wins last year and were shit most of the year.

All i know is Titans will probably go back to back with spoons the poor buggers, especially if Arrow goes to Souths early.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters Storm Raiders Manly Souths will be top 5 and not in that particular order. I think the rest of the comp are on par. So that’s gonna leave 3 spots up for grabs. The rest of the comp is on par. So yes, I think the Dogs can make the top 8.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Our best 17 can still trouble sides. We desperately need some spark in attack. Think we should go with smith and okunbor on the wings. Have the back 3 kick our sets off with dummy half runs. I dont mind holland in the centres has some awareness in attack to set up his winger.
This game is all about attitude. We can beat anybody

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Roosters Storm Raiders Manly Souths will be top 5 and not in that particular order. I think the rest of the comp are on par. So that’s gonna leave 3 spots up for grabs. The rest of the comp is on par. So yes, I think the Dogs can make the top 8.
Add Parra to that list. There is only 2 spots in the 8 up for grabs. I expect Cowboys to fill one spot considering they have a new stadium... So that leaves us to fight it out for the last spot

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will definitely be causing headache for the rest of the comp..

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Parra is never going to do anything even if they do a miracle and get a Top 4 spot. Their halves crumble under any sort of pressure, they're always going to be serial chokers.

2020 should be the last year we should have to endure a long season, if management plays its cards right next year should be when we are back

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As much as we arent expected to be a top 8 we can certainly be a surprise packet ,if people remember correctly that last 8 weeks we were almost unbeatable and would of come close to beating every team in the 8 ,we just need 2-3 players to really kick on.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters, Storm, Souths and Canberra are locked in for the top 4.
The rest are pretty even. No club has made any great signings including the Dogs.
If the players get it together, theres no reason why they cant make the top 8.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters, Storm, Souths and Canberra are locked in for the top 4.
The rest are pretty even. No club has made any great signings including the Dogs.
If the players get it together, theres no reason why they cant make the top 8.
Unlike other seasons we definitely need to hit the road running and knock up wins in the begging of our campaign
The excuses are wearing thin,we could go okay but everybody needs to step up including our coach
I think our halves & hooker hold the key to a successful year

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just hope we get a better start this year and win a few early games our halves combo is going to be raw regardless of who it is. We drop two or three games early the pressure builds and the wheels fall off our draw is better so hopefully we jag a few early wins and get the boys confidence up and who knows?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We’ve got a very talented group of youngsters ready to mature and put together some consistent footy this year. Plenty to look forward to.

I’ve got us jagging 8th spot.