2020 memberships

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we sign a big name I reckon the numbers will go up. But it is disappointing tigers more members than us... I understand they are a merged club but they’ve played finals maybe once in the last 10 years...
It's more embarrassing that the roosters with bandwagons supports and no home ground is miles ahead of us.....

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not renewing this year and I told them why when I cancelled my automatic renewal, I’m not going to Parramatta, it’s that simple.
Your choice. I don’t see many alternatives and think supporting the team is more important. Maybe you’ll be back for the new ANZ in 2023.
Or perhaps an interstate membership? Parramatta is certainly "different state " ;)
I’ll be at the Belmore games for sure.

Go Dogs

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It's more embarrassing that the roosters with bandwagons supports and no home ground is miles ahead of us.....
Yeah but bro If a team has bandwagon supporters and they are winning games and linked to any marque player on the market and usually get them... well that’s when there going to have the most support right? Wait till they have a shit season half their supporters won’t renew their membership the following year...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't there a membership for you to attend the Belmore games or at least one of them?
I didn't notice a Belmore only membership, but there's a Flexi 3 for $50 and a Flexy 5 for $65. At the moment there is only the 1 game at Belmore, Round 10 against the SeaGulls. The usual Belmore games, the Storm is in Perth and the Cowboys is at ANZ (which is pretty dumb considering the crowd numbers). No rush, but I'll probably grab a Flexi 3, for 1 x Belmore and 2 x ANZ.

Go Dogs

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not disputing the membership numbers advertised and not good that we are lingering at the bottom
But I clearly remember reading an article last year that stated we had one of the highest home crowd average amongst the Sydney teams. Approx 15,000
Not too sure if numbers will surge closer to round 1 but I have to admit that our supporters have always turned up on game day

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's literally nothing available for someone living in Melbourne. No games down here this year... nothing.

I'm better off becoming a member of the Storm. A Storm rep called me last year after I went to the Bulldogs vs Storm game, and they were damn good over the phone to deal with. Spoke clearly, offered plenty of options and you could tell they were footy fans. No surprise the Storm are better than us.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There's literally nothing available for someone living in Melbourne. No games down here this year... nothing.

I'm better off becoming a member of the Storm. A Storm rep called me last year after I went to the Bulldogs vs Storm game, and they were damn good over the phone to deal with. Spoke clearly, offered plenty of options and you could tell they were footy fans. No surprise the Storm are better than us.
You want us to cater to the Mexicans?? ;-)
You're right - Storm game is being played in Perth this year.
Probably 'Born and Bred' is your only option. If you're a Telstra customer you get to stream games for free with an NRL.com account. I know, not the same as being there, but some consolation...
That feedback about the Storm membership team you should send to the Bulldogs - we really need to improve there. Storm have to work hard in an AFL town but sounds like they are. Going to be interesting to see how they go once Smith is gone, whether they go into a period of decline or continue to be top-shelf.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shows the lack of communication from the board etc towards the supporters over the last season.If the board had anything positive to say and produce then these numbers would be increased.If you want support then give the people something to support.Fool me once shame on you..etc etc.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You want us to cater to the Mexicans?? ;-)
You're right - Storm game is being played in Perth this year.
Probably 'Born and Bred' is your only option. If you're a Telstra customer you get to stream games for free with an NRL.com account. I know, not the same as being there, but some consolation...
That feedback about the Storm membership team you should send to the Bulldogs - we really need to improve there. Storm have to work hard in an AFL town but sounds like they are. Going to be interesting to see how they go once Smith is gone, whether they go into a period of decline or continue to be top-shelf.
Our membership team is shit.... Hadn't renewed at the peak of Hasler/Dib/Ralenes shit and I was called and immediately told I hadn't renewed yet and that would be changing right now... Not good customer service at all... I never answer their calls anymore and just renew online

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Our membership team is shit.... Hadn't renewed at the peak of Hasler/Dib/Ralenes shit and I was called and immediately told I hadn't renewed yet and that would be changing right now... Not good customer service at all... I never answer their calls anymore and just renew online
Yeah, we’ve all experienced problems with membership. I’ve passed the feedback to the club before and will do again and the more that others do as well hopefully results in better performance - it is probably one of the reasons the numbers are down apart from recent on-field results. Pretty simple stuff isn’t it - if you have a good experience you tell no-one or a small number of people but if you have a bad experience you tell many more.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They need to advertise and employ more professional membership staff. They have improved but a lot are friends of friends etc and it’s been that way a long time

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
because a driving 5 extra mins is so hard
soft
People complain about parking at a Belmore, Parramatta is so much worse. Not a big deal but it’s 20 minutes additional drive compared to Belmore and 15 compared to ANZ. There’s a 15 minute walk from public transport. For me it’s 3 changes of public transport, Belmore and ANZ are none. In total I would spend more time travelling than watching the game.

Plus, most importantly. it’s in effen Parramatta.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
People complain about parking at a Belmore, Parramatta is so much worse. Not a big deal but it’s 20 minutes additional drive compared to Belmore and 15 compared to ANZ. There’s a 15 minute walk from public transport. For me it’s 3 changes of public transport, Belmore and ANZ are none. In total I would spend more time travelling than watching the game.

Go Dogs
All good, you’re very strong on your feelings and that’s fine. Just to clarify though on game days at Bankwest there’s free buses from Parramatta Station before and after the game so you don’t have to walk 15min - but since you make it sound like going to Iraq I guess that makes no difference :-) Enjoy Kayo.

PS - What choice did the club have with no SFS/ANZ available? Belmore doesn’t meet NRL standards for regular games - should the club have applied for an exemption based on stadium rebuilds? My view is apart from the nostalgia factor Belmore is a pretty poor experience these days...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
All good, you’re very strong on your feelings and that’s fine. Just to clarify though on game days at Bankwest there’s free buses from Parramatta Station before and after the game so you don’t have to walk 15min - but since you make it sound like going to Iraq I guess that makes no difference :-) Enjoy Kayo.

PS - What choice did the club have with no SFS/ANZ available? Belmore doesn’t meet NRL standards for regular games - should the club have applied for an exemption based on stadium rebuilds? My view is apart from the nostalgia factor Belmore is a pretty poor experience these days...
I know about the free buses and that would make 4 changes of public transport, which adds to over an hour and a half of travelling each way. That’s if the connections line up, even when I worked there on weekdays it rarely did, let alone weekends and nights. Compared to Belmore and ANZ that require no changes, get on bus go to game, get on bus arrive home, 20 and 25 minutes travelling. Or 10 and 15 minutes in the car and parking in my usual spots with a 5 minute walk. I don’t want to spend up to twice as long travelling to and from the game as I do actually watching the game itself.

Choices, how about not taking the Storm game to Perth and playing it at Belmore. How about playing the Cowboys home game at Belmore, like we have numerous times. How about not giving up a home game at ANZ for the stupid “magic” round. How about reminding the NRL that ANZ won’t be available after June and demanding more home games before that to compensate us Bulldogs fans. One game at effen Parramatta would have been OK, but 4 games is ridiculous.

Sometimes supporters have to make a stand when stupid shyte is forced on us, I see this as such an occasion. I make MY small protest by not renewing my membership for the first time in decades AND by telling them exactly why. Maybe it might help in getting more than the one game at Belmore next year, maybe it won’t, but at least I know that I tried.

Not everyone is in the same position and not everyone agrees and that’s perfectly OK.

Go Dogs

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club had a great opportunity,to sign a marquee player,like latrel Mitchell,he would've added so much more to our club,possible sponsors,more members,our very limited attack etc,but the Kieran foran factor with the nrl,and not having someone strong enough,to deal with them,has cost us dearly

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I know about the free buses and that would make 4 changes of public transport, which adds to over an hour and a half of travelling each way. That’s if the connections line up, even when I worked there on weekdays it rarely did, let alone weekends and nights. Compared to Belmore and ANZ that require no changes, get on bus go to game, get on bus arrive home, 20 and 25 minutes travelling. Or 10 and 15 minutes in the car and parking in my usual spots with a 5 minute walk. I don’t want to spend up to twice as long travelling to and from the game as I do actually watching the game itself.

Choices, how about not taking the Storm game to Perth and playing it at Belmore. How about playing the Cowboys home game at Belmore, like we have numerous times. How about not giving up a home game at ANZ for the stupid “magic” round. How about reminding the NRL that ANZ won’t be available after June and demanding more home games before that to compensate us Bulldogs fans. One game at effen Parramatta would have been OK, but 4 games is ridiculous.

Sometimes supporters have to make a stand when stupid shyte is forced on us, I see this as such an occasion. I make MY small protest by not renewing my membership for the first time in decades AND by telling them exactly why. Maybe it might help in getting more than the one game at Belmore next year, maybe it won’t, but at least I know that I tried.

Not everyone is in the same position and not everyone agrees and that’s perfectly OK.

Go Dogs
Perth and Brisbane are money.
The NRL and WA Government loosen the purse strings to promote the game in the west.
Same for Magic Round - NRL compensates the clubs who give up a home game for Brisbane.
The revenue received far exceeds any gate/food/bar takings at Belmore.
Does that short change Sydney based fans and membership value? Sure - but you simply can't turn down that coin.
If we had 25000 members paying an average of $200 each per season I bet they wouldn't go anywhere - unfortunately the numbers are nowhere near that in volume or spend per member.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They need to advertise and employ more professional membership staff. They have improved but a lot are friends of friends etc and it’s been that way a long time
I feel like every job at the club is like that lol.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Go Dogs
I don’t like Parramatta but would rather pay for parking there than drive around for an hour to park almost a suburb away at Belmore. Getting out of there is a nightmare too. I love the history and memories of Belmore but wish we didn’t have to play there. Everyone is different