Lachlan Lewis in swap deal with Addo Carr

Is swapping Lewis with Addo-Carr a good swap?

• Yes

Votes: 63 43.2%
  • No

Votes: 75 51.4%
  • This is too much pressure. AHH!!

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Elliot is too much of a loose cannon for Bellamy's liking and don't think they need any forwards. Holland/Monty aren't Storm type players. If they wanted a swap at all would possibly be a young up and comer type player like Okonbur, Tass, Averillo and $$ compensation etc
How did you arrive at the idea that Elliott is a "loose cannon". Apart from his ridiculous Sweet Caroline moment,
I have not seen a moment to support what you have said.
He may not be every ones cup of tea as a forward, but at least he gives 100% every game.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How did you arrive at the idea that Elliott is a "loose cannon". Apart from his ridiculous Sweet Caroline moment,
I have not seen a moment to support what you have said.
He may not be every ones cup of tea as a forward, but at least he gives 100% every game.
On the field mate, he's quite erratic.
Not arguing he doesn't give 100% and he does cop a lot of BS, although Bellamy has players that are in control of what they do 90% of the time. Elliott tends to have a few head fuck moments in a game that aren't to game plans.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
On the field mate, he's quite erratic.
Not arguing he doesn't give 100% and he does cop a lot of BS, although Bellamy has players that are in control of what they do 90% of the time. Elliott tends to have a few head fuck moments in a game that aren't to game plans.
That’s true but he did sign Kasiano with his stupid out the back passes on the ground to no one

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently we officially told the storm to rack off about Lewis according to the news.
I would just pay the Transfer fee. Lewis could become a great player for us. We have the money for 2021 so we can pay it (if we wanted to).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would just pay the Transfer fee. Lewis could become a great player for us. We have the money for 2021 so we can pay it (if we wanted to).
They want a good swap as well as the transfer fee I believe

Dog 2195

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lewis is not going anywhere. The club rates him highly. He has a future at the club whether you like him or not.
That’s right The Dogs rate Lewis highly not going any where . Lewis is best down to earth and humble player he is the future of the club

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s right The Dogs rate Lewis highly not going any where . Lewis is best down to earth and humble player he is the future of the club
Like I said before God save us if a guy with NO running game, NO passing game and next to NO kicking game is the FUTURE of our club. LOL.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Like I said before God save us if a guy with NO running game, NO passing game and next to NO kicking game is the FUTURE of our club. LOL.
A guy on Facebook said as if we'd let Lewis go and have no depth in halves ... I was like all he does is tackle so if we put JMK in 6 we get the same result lol.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A guy on Facebook said as if we'd let Lewis go and have no depth in halves ... I was like all he does is tackle so if we put JMK in 6 we get the same result lol.
Pretty much lol.

Look I don't mind him, i hope he carves up for us. Just find it hard to take when we have some saying he's the future of the club lol.

He just looks like an average Joe halfback who can tackle.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-daily-telegraph-sydney/20200109/282617444682774

Not sure if this has been seen here yet. Basically, the dogs are saying we won't be letting Lewis go for JAC, however Melbourne are happy to accept another form of compensation such as a transfer fee or something like that. It mentions that JAC is likely to stay in Melbourne for the 2020 season, then be released after that. He's also been linked to his previous team Wests Tigers.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the article is true and all it will take is Lewis for Carr then you’d be mad not to go for it. Fair enough we are light in the halves. But in saying that people are making it out like we are swapping Thurston for JAC.

At the end of the day I don’t think Carr will be as effective at the dogs with our lack of game plan or halves ability (big reason for that ironically is Lewis).

I honestly think he will go Souths for gayguy. Simple swap. Salary matches better. Similar position (a winger leaves Souths and a winger comes in) Souths might complete the trifecta of signings with Mitchell and arrow.

But going back to the original article. If Lewis for carr is available you’d be silly not to take it. We have seen the best of Lewis. Guy lacks basic half skills. He is a positionless player. Might be a decent lock based on his height. Lacks speed and agility for the backline. Lacks vision, passing, kicking for the halves. He is honestly a less talented Anasta. Big bodied player that is put in the halves.

I don’t know what we will do long term with our halves. Lewis isn’t the answer. For mine cogger (not a great player either) but has the basics for a halfback. Can kick, pass, run. Has a little show and go. Ducks under tackles. He honestly reminds me of Mitch Healey in the way he moves and plays. Never going to be a rep player or best on ground in a final. But outside of a dominant half he will do his job.

The only advantage of Lewis is he is a lockdown front on defender. But who ever selects a half because he is a defender. Hooker yes, prop I have seen, lock ok. You can pick them on the defence. But a spine position? We are making a huge mistake for thinking he is a long term solution. Fair enough for this year he will have a role with no Foran. But if our club and coach thinks he will lead us to a premiership gives me lack of confidence in their ability.