2020 memberships

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah that’s a good point it could also be a Ticketek issue. They seemed to have given a lot of the work to third parties which is cost effective when the third parties get it right but it’s not always the case.
Depends on the bottom line I guess - how much effort for how much profit. You’d think the UI/UX would come first but perhaps for 15min annually it doesn’t have to be the Tesla of booking engines.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It seems that most companies are using third parties these days but to be honest I don’t find them as reliable
You cannot beat in house staff in general,dollars & cents
As always you get what you pay for.
In my industry I’ve seen various bits of work farmed out all over the world and you can almost predict the quality of work you get back for the price you pay in different markets.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Kennelers,

Has anyone have an info on memberships for next year? I received a pamphlet to renew mine for next year but with no info about what is included in the package. I think our home games in the second half of the season will be at Bankwest Stadium?

Pretty disappointed with the club, they expect me to fork out over $1K without letting me where we're playing and what's included in my membership. How they continue to fuck this up year after year is beyond me.
You are not alone,as I've mentioned in previous threads,the lack of communication,between the club and its members,has become pretty low key,I've become so despondent,with this board,I outlay $600 on 2 tickets this year and I have no idea,what's happening the 2nd half the year,so I know exactly how you feel

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Membership numbers are up to the team, they need to inspire, we are coming off a hard season and are being told to wait to 2021 until things improve.
What kind of policy is that?
Sure they don't match the Roosters but they have the potential to improve on 2019 and be a force.
The boys will be playing for their own futures with talk of more signings during the year for '21.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those figures aren’t 100% accurate as they are using the 2019 figures for the Tigers for example. The table below had the correct figures ours aren’t good but it’s hardly surprising they decline and fluctuation on what happens on the field and the fair weather fans and band wagoners won’t be buying tickets until we are finals contenders again.F9218A64-8670-402E-8A7D-34C4F275D9FB.jpeg

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Those figures aren’t 100% accurate as they are using the 2019 figures for the Tigers for example. The table below had the correct figures ours aren’t good but it’s hardly surprising they decline and fluctuation on what happens on the field and the fair weather fans and band wagoners won’t be buying tickets until we are finals contenders again.View attachment 12539
A dip in 2019 perhaps for obvious reasons but before that fairly consistent - maybe we'll see a late surge before Round 1.
Overall though these numbers are terrible for the whole game - compared to the AFL they are a pittance.
Maybe the NRL thinks winning the TV ratings is enough?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A dip in 2019 perhaps for obvious reasons but before that fairly consistent - maybe we'll see a late surge before Round 1.
Overall though these numbers are terrible for the whole game - compared to the AFL they are a pittance.
Maybe the NRL thinks winning the TV ratings is enough?
I’d be surprised if there is a surge prior to round 1 but a few wins early in the season could see a surge.
I’m not sure it’s fair to compare NRL membership numbers to AFL. The AFL memberships have been firmly entrenched in their way of life for decades and it’s only been a relatively new thing the NRL has cared about.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’d be surprised if there is a surge prior to round 1 but a few wins early in the season could see a surge.
I’m not sure it’s fair to compare NRL membership numbers to AFL. The AFL memberships have been firmly entrenched in their way of life for decades and it’s only been a relatively new thing the NRL has cared about.
Perhaps re: NRL/AFL, but history is one thing and a modern competitive landscape is another. It's not just other sporting codes the NRL compete against now - it's Netflix and any way an individual chooses to spend their spare time - they should be enticed to come to the footy and that's up to the NRL and Clubs to make it attractive to do so.
Every game live in your living room is great, but also makes it too easy to not bother going - they've created a conundrum for themselves by scraping every last dollar out of the broadcasters (which, yes, are many more dollars than every stadium being full every week - but doesn't necessarily make for a better product).

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not renewing this year and I told them why when I cancelled my automatic renewal, I’m not going to Parramatta, it’s that simple.

Go Dogs

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If we sign a big name I reckon the numbers will go up. But it is disappointing tigers more members than us... I understand they are a merged club but they’ve played finals maybe once in the last 10 years...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not renewing this year and I told them why when I cancelled my automatic renewal, I’m not going to Parramatta, it’s that simple.

Go Dogs
Your choice. I don’t see many alternatives and think supporting the team is more important. Maybe you’ll be back for the new ANZ in 2023.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Your choice. I don’t see many alternatives and think supporting the team is more important. Maybe you’ll be back for the new ANZ in 2023.
Or perhaps an interstate membership? Parramatta is certainly "different state " ;)