Kennel Muso's

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Curious how many muso's we have out there:

What do you play? What gear do you have?

Are you a pro, semi pro, jammer etc?

Are you in a band? What genre do you play? Do you play regular gigs? Give your band a plug.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I used to play a lot of guitar, some ukulele and a little keyboard....have written many songs. Not in a band and don't gig though.....more interested in creative writing these days. I already have arthritis in my knees in my late 30s... a bit too worn down for the rock lifestyle....lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still have my old drum kit sitting around but haven't played in years. Planning to get a new guitar soon to start playing that again. Was never really that good at guitar but I still enjoy playing. Not bad at drums but they're a hassle to set up and loud as all buggery.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still have my old drum kit sitting around but haven't played in years. Planning to get a new guitar soon to start playing that again. Was never really that good at guitar but I still enjoy playing. Not bad at drums but they're a hassle to set up and loud as all buggery.
Nice, I play guitar and drums myself. What kit do you have?

I used to get cops at my door all the time from practising drums so now I only use the leccy at home.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've written a few songs and feel I'm a camp-fire guitarist at best, but improving daily. My acoustic is pretty old and am in need of an upgrade, can't master legato due to the high E string being too low on the fret board

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice, I play guitar and drums myself. What kit do you have?

I used to get cops at my door all the time from practising drums so now I only use the leccy at home.
Got an old Tama kit with Zildjian symbols.

At my old place there was a drummer two doors down so we'd have long distance drum battles. The place I moved after that would call the police if a dropped a glass. New place is a lot more lenient on loud noise but I just haven't bothered setting the kit up.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Occasionally I'll pull out the old Guitar Hero electronic Drum Kit. I ended up rewiring it and hooking the toy symbols up to real symbol mounts to turn it into a proper electronic drum kit. But electronic kits just aren't the same as a real kit.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

At my old place there was a drummer two doors down so we'd have long distance drum battles. The place I moved after that would call the police if a dropped a glass. New place is a lot more lenient on loud noise but I just haven't bothered setting the kit up.
Nice, I have Tama too, but I used Sabien cymbals mainly. I have a couple of Meinl's thrown in there as well.

I know what you mean about setting it all up though, its a pain in the ass. I have a 9 piece and its a nightmare

Cosmo Kramer

Waterboy
Reaction score
I play guitar - have been playing for 14 years. Also play the Greek Bouzouki, dabble in a bit of keyboard, more messing around than anything.

Around 10 years ago I was so obsessed with learning Metallica songs on guitar, I saved up (as a 15 year old) and bought the ESP Ltd KH-202 Kirk Hammet signature series. Bought it from the US when the dollar was good, so was a real bargain! Also have the BOSS ME-25 multi effects board.

Now I play arrangements for all genres of music on guitar.

Love the journey of learning and playing music. It never ends!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to play a bit of the following:
Guitar/Bass/Drums/Keyboard/Piano. I wouldn't say I was great but could play enough to have a jam session.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I've dabbled. Played drums at school and garage with mates. Was in a local metal band in my early 20s where I did vocals... Played a couple of gigs and cut a shitty demo lol. It was fun while it lasted.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Curious how many muso's we have out there:

What do you play? What gear do you have?

Are you a pro, semi pro, jammer etc?

Are you in a band? What genre do you play? Do you play regular gigs? Give your band a plug.
Great thread,
I have a great story how I got into guitar,.
Happy to share if anyone wants to know.

But answer your question
I play guitar

Intermediate level at best.

Been playing since 1988

I have
1 bass
Squire jazz bass 70s classic

A cheap Ashton classical acoustic

A Korean built Samick les Paul copy, the good ones from the early 90s
The thing really rocks,

A Lag tramontein acoustic

2 x greg Bennett acoustics

I Squire Stratt

1 OLD guitar from the 50s I got from my dad

My new guitar

Eppiphone explorer with emg active pick ups like James hetfield

I think that's all

I play hard rock grunge and metal

As well as all the strum sing along stuff

Never been in a band
Too scared

https://www.scmusic.com.au/product/...MIrMOhoLnz5gIVQyQrCh2OHwkJEAQYBCABEgJA0_D_BwE

That's the eppiphone
It's a fucking beast

Last edited:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What guitar you thinking of getting

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Play guitar and drums. STARTED playing guitar when I was about 4. My wife organised for everyone to chip in for my 30th for a Gibson Les Paul. Absolutely fantastic guitar. Play it just about every day
I have wanted a gibson les Paul my entire life.
Never had a spare $5k to get one.
One day I will get it I hope

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I play the skin flute.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score

Lars fan? Tama and Zildjian have always been his set-up for decades. Have always loved the drums, never owned any myself but drums are massively underrated part of any great band. Best drum solo I've seen live was Tommy Clufetos playing with Black Sabbath a few years back- that was fucking mesmerising to watch.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lars fan? Tama and Zildjian have always been his set-up for decades. Have always loved the drums, never owned any myself but drums are massively underrated part of any great band. Best drum solo I've seen live was Tommy Clufetos playing with Black Sabbath a few years back- that was fucking mesmerising to watch.
Yep. I'll openly admit that Lars' 100 piece Tama kits are what got me on to Tama. I had a Pearl kit before it and I think I prefer Tama.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great thread,
I have a great story how I got into guitar,.
Happy to share if anyone wants to know.

But answer your question
I play guitar

Intermediate level at best.

Been playing since 1988

I have
1 bass
Squire jazz bass 70s classic

A cheap Ashton classical acoustic

A Korean built Samick les Paul copy, the good ones from the early 90s
The thing really rocks,

A Lag tramontein acoustic

2 x greg Bennett acoustics

I Squire Stratt

1 OLD guitar from the 50s I got from my dad

My new guitar

Eppiphone explorer with emg active pick ups like James hetfield

I think that's all

I play hard rock grunge and metal

As well as all the strum sing along stuff

Never been in a band
Too scared

https://www.scmusic.com.au/product/...MIrMOhoLnz5gIVQyQrCh2OHwkJEAQYBCABEgJA0_D_BwE

That's the eppiphone
It's a fucking beast
share your story sir