Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not yet, Honestly the last Jedi destroyed Star Wars albeit force awakens did as well for me with the Mary Sue lead character. But now that you mention something happens at then end that made you think of me I may
Go give it a watch just to see what you’re talking about haha
Unfortunately you’ll have to endure the entire movie to get to it..it’ll turn you to the Darkside..if you are not there already..lol!

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched Hotel Mumbai, great Aussie made film, check it out on Foxtel.

I've been to Mumbai and eaten at the Leopard Cafe a couple of times.

Went to Central Station also caught local train and taxis.

Walked down Gold Street.

Stayed near Taj Hotel.

All places previously bombed.

Anyway back to the film, surprisingly violent and I enjoyed as much as The Attacks of 26/11.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched Hotel Mumbai, great Aussie made film, check it out on Foxtel.

I've been to Mumbai and eaten at the Leopard Cafe a couple of times.

Went to Central Station also caught local train and taxis.

Walked down Gold Street.

Stayed near Taj Hotel.

All places previously bombed.

Anyway back to the film, surprisingly violent and I enjoyed as much as The Attacks of 26/11.

Pretty much every time these days:

Producer: we need an Indian
Casting director: I'll call Dev Pate l:grinning:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The Invisible Guest

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4857264/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A successful entrepreneur accused of murder and a witness preparation expert have less than three hours to come up with an impregnable defence.

This movie is a Spanish movie, but the beauty of Netflix and subtitles makes it quite easy to understand. The movie takes place with the entrepreneur meeting with his lawyer to gather defense of his case of the murder of his lover. The movie takes place with 3 counts of what happened through the eyes of the entrepreneur, through the eyes of his lover, and what actually took place. In the end, it's found out that he was someone who murdered and innocent man via a car accident, but then killed him by dumping his car in the lake while the man was still inside. The lawyer turned out to be... well I won't ruin the ending.

Pretty good foreign film.

7/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Inside Man

upload_2020-1-6_8-3-49.jpeg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0454848/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A police detective, a bank robber, and a high-power broker enter high-stakes negotiations after the criminal's brilliant heist spirals into a hostage situation.

I can't review this movie too much without revealing too much in it, and that complicated with the movie being quite confusing left me feeling somewhat dumbfounded with how it ended, but it reeled me in really good.

6/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Criminal

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3014866/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_6

In a last-ditch effort to stop a diabolical plot, a dead CIA operative's memories, secrets, and skills are implanted into a death-row inmate in hopes that he will complete the operative's mission.

This movie is brilliant. The way the characters all interact with each other is great. Throughout the movie, you have a hard time determining who actually are the villains until the plot starts to become clearer. Pretty good movie and I'm glad I saw it. A pretty strong cast as well.

8/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Jumanji: The Next Level

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7975244/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

In Jumanji: The Next Level, the gang is back but the game has changed. As they return to rescue one of their own, the players will have to brave parts unknown from arid deserts to snowy mountains, to escape the world's most dangerous game.

So I spent my Saturday night at the cinema watching this movie after regretting not seeing the first one in the cinema. This movie was not going to be as funny as the first one by any means, and I knew that. Now if you haven't seen Welcome to the Jungle, then don't bother watching this, because you won't understand. As I've seen the first one, I knew what was going on. It did seem a little slow at times, however there were plenty of funny bits. Give this movie a go if you're after a laugh.

7/10

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Being john.jpg

A puppeteer discovers a portal that leads literally into the head of movie star John Malkovich.

Brilliantly executed, outstanding acting, especially from John cusack, amazing screenplay, and a total head fuck requiring multiple viewings to truly appreciate imo This is in my top 20 list, and for very good reason.

I love this movie.

5/5

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 12526
A puppeteer discovers a portal that leads literally into the head of movie star John Malkovich.

Brilliantly executed, outstanding acting, especially from John cusack, amazing screenplay, and a total head fuck requiring multiple viewings to truly appreciate imo This is in my top 20 list, and for very good reason.

I love this movie.

5/5
Malkovich Malkovich. Malkovich, Malkovich, Malkovich.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Glass House

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0221218/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

An orphaned teenager is taken in by a Malibu couple but discovers they aren't the caring friends they seemed to be.

For the entire movie, you're just waiting for the action to kick in, but it never really develops. It's more of a creepy movie than a thriller. Daytime TV really.

4/10.
Its gotta be worth the watch just to ogle Leelee surely??

Wahesh

Reaction score
Its gotta be worth the watch just to ogle Leelee surely??
I can't say much about what she's like now, but DAYUM... back when this movie being filmed, she was pretty damn fine :-)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of drugs myself, but I have to admit that this would be a full on trip..

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/jan/07/cats-reviews-drugs-high-audience

Hundreds of people told the Post about seeing the Tom Hooper-directed movie tripped out on magic mushrooms, LSD, spiked marijuana and other mind-altering substances.

The paper offered a list of compelling, if not encouraging, responses:

“The most terrifying experience of my life. I swear to God my soul escaped me.”

“Cried both times. Planning on going two more times.”

“Vomited four times but ultimately understood the film on a deep level.”

“Had a panic attack in the middle of it …”

Raina, 25, from South Carolina, said she couldn’t handle the mismatched proportions of the furry animals. She lasted 10 minutes, “and then I went to the AMC bathroom and threw up”.

Annaliese Nielsen, terrified by the furry face of James Corden, called the film “a special kind of evil”.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
79949EA4-8818-42BA-9FCC-42F73FBA17C1.jpeg

Over recent years movies based on DC comic book characters have been dark and brooding affairs.. Which is quite ironic considering that the DC comic book movie that launched it all Superman The Movie was fun and bright and gave us a hero who embraced his destiny to be a hero. Now this approach isn’t always appropriate. I mean Batman, by his very nature, is a dark and brooding character. The way he became the Batman leads to the way he fights crime. When filmmakers move away from this dark persona, like the Schumacher’s Batman and Robin film it just doesn’t work, certainly not for today’s audience. This was clearly evident by the popular, well written, and shot, Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy. However, some characters just don’t lend themselves to this, like the aforementioned Superman, which has starred Henry Cavill as Supes. The only levity was his digitally removed moustache the Justice League. So with this approach for DC movies being the norm, along came a nice surprise with the release of a gem..Shazam.

Now I don’t want to give too much away, as I myself had little knowledge of Shazam, apart from a 70s show, as such it was a delight to watch the character evolve. I will say, that the story focuses on a young boy, 14 year old Billy Baston, who has been from one foster home to another, as he constantly runs away from them. It turns out when he was around 5 he accidentally got separated from his young mum while at a fairground with her. Since then he has been searching for her which has seen him get into trouble with the law. As it happens Billy ends up in another foster home with a superhero loving roommate, Freddy. That’s when the fun begins, as Billy himself ends up becoming a superhero, and as superheroes do, he faces off against a villain and in so doing learns about what it means to be a hero.

The cast is great. Asher Angel who plays the ‘young’ Billy Batson is perfectly cast as a boy looking for a family, so too is his friend Freddy, played by the effervescent Jack Dylan Grazer. The villain, Dr. Sivana, embodied with the right amount of evil by Mark Strong, is a good first up nemesis for our hero. The supporting cast too brings a fun presence. But it is Zachary Levi, as Shazam (the older Billy Batson) who steals the show. His ability to channel his ‘inner child’ is spot on, and as such his performance is great. The childlike wonder he shows as he discovers his ‘super powers’ is a joy to watch. So too is his discovery of the benefits of being an adult.

Shazam is a combination of Big and Superman the Movie. It revolves around what it means to be a hero, and what it truly means to be part of a family. So sit back and enjoy as Shazam lights up the screen.

9/10

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
@Mr 95% as Shazam is available on Netflix now, I might just be seeing this one soon :grinning:

Thanks for the recommendation.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of drugs myself, but I have to admit that this would be a full on trip..

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/jan/07/cats-reviews-drugs-high-audience

Hundreds of people told the Post about seeing the Tom Hooper-directed movie tripped out on magic mushrooms, LSD, spiked marijuana and other mind-altering substances.

The paper offered a list of compelling, if not encouraging, responses:

“The most terrifying experience of my life. I swear to God my soul escaped me.”

“Cried both times. Planning on going two more times.”

“Vomited four times but ultimately understood the film on a deep level.”

“Had a panic attack in the middle of it …”

Raina, 25, from South Carolina, said she couldn’t handle the mismatched proportions of the furry animals. She lasted 10 minutes, “and then I went to the AMC bathroom and threw up”.

Annaliese Nielsen, terrified by the furry face of James Corden, called the film “a special kind of evil”.
Supposedly it's that shit of a movie that you'd probably need drugs to even contemplate watching it.

On another note of a similar thing, some mates of mine were in Las Vegas holidaying and they ended up doing shrooms and going to Cirque Du Soleil. They said they were tripping balls the whole time.

I said to them was it like in that Paul Rudd/ Seth Rogan movie when they did the same thing and they said pretty much so.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope you enjoy my man.. I did!!
If you get a chance check out Brightburn. It's a twist on the superman idea where you ask yourself what would have happened if Superman hadn't opted to become a hero. I won't say too much about it, but it was a pretty good movie in my opinion.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you get a chance check out Brightburn. It's a twist on the superman idea where you ask yourself what would have happened if Superman hadn't opted to become a hero. I won't say too much about it, but it was a pretty good movie in my opinion.
Yeah i have it on my media server but havent had the chance to watch it yet. Keen to check it out though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn't a big fan of this movie. It was alright and I liked the little Easter eggs at the end. But I think it had a lesser impact as similar stories have already been done in the comics and animated movies including one where Superman is raised by the Russians. This one is obviously a bit different.