Hazem El Masri - 2000 - 2009 Decade Record

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
El Magic..!!!

it does not get any better, very underrated yet (ONE) of the best, in his own right,to ever wear the MIGHTY blue and white jersey :hearteyes::hearteyes:

great post Wahesh..!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
El Magic..!!!

it does not get any better, very underrated yet (ONE) of the best, in his own right,to ever wear the MIGHTY blue and white jersey :hearteyes::hearteyes:

great post Wahesh..!!
Thanks mate, sourced if Facebook, but makes a great point. Also important to note that he didn't play first grade regularly in 2000, and spent a large chunk of 2005 out after he suffered a season-ending injury.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks mate, sourced if Facebook, but makes a great point. Also important to note that he didn't play first grade regularly in 2000, and spent a large chunk of 2005 out after he suffered a season-ending injury.
I remember brother, who could forget that decade. Was some of the most memorable times. Let’s just hope we get back there very soon an 2020 onward the new legacy begins.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Great player,even better man. In my top five GOAT list as much for who he is off the field as the player he was on the field. Great post bro.

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score
Certainly under rated.
NRL stuffed up how they handled him.
Unforgivable!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great club man,
I’ll never forget that kick in Newcastle and the send off at ANZ with 44,000 in attendance against Warriors
What a fantastic day for everybody in blue & white

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: best there is , best there was , best there will ever be , simply el magic...........

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was looking back at our Bulldogs 1999 Season Highlights on YouTube a few days back. Completely forgot how good he was even back then. He had such a great combo with Rod Silva, so many tries between them that year!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big fella's looking like Adam Perry nowadays LOL
I noticed the same thing that he has become a bit chunky in his retirement
Living the good life no doubt
Anyway always a champion in my eyes and loyal 100%

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing that he has become a bit chunky in his retirement
Living the good life no doubt
Anyway always a champion in my eyes and loyal 100%
No questions about him being a champion. Gave his all and reaped the rewards of his hard work.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Was looking back at our Bulldogs 1999 Season Highlights on YouTube a few days back. Completely forgot how good he was even back then. He had such a great combo with Rod Silva, so many tries between them that year!
I actually think back further. I remember in 1997 during Super League, there was a commercial for the game and Hazem was the centrepeice for that commercial. It was one where they constantly fast-forward & rewind him playing. He was quite tricky back then lol.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure Haz would've been high on the 'tries saved' list as well. His timing when coming in from his wing to shutdown backline movements was the best of any winger.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
El Magic was one of a kind. They broke the mold with that guy. Not surprised at all to see his dominance in those 2000-09 stats. Loved watching him play, and deep respect for the way he conducted himself as representative of the club.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn good for a winger but in them days they got plenty of ball and didn't fuck about, we were lucky to have both him and Utai.