2020 memberships

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I posted this in the Bankwest topic but was in rugby league general.
Are members happy with the Bankwest seating allocations that came out yesterday? We got great seats and are very happy
At the Member Forum the club said they made every effort to allocate seats at Bankwest ‘as best and as closely to ANZ as possible’ - so it sounds like they may have kept that promise?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
At the Member Forum the club said they made every effort to allocate seats at Bankwest ‘as best and as closely to ANZ as possible’ - so it sounds like they may have kept that promise?
Based on my tickets they did a great job. I’ll miss the convenience of parking at Olympic Park but am looking forward to the games

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Money talks
It does, but I doubt the club has the clout to over-rule the State Government on plans that are larger than RL matches where a few thousand turn up every couple of weeks. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see the Dogs with our own stadium but it’s just not corporate reality anymore. Bankwest has multiple tenants, as does ANZ, as will the new SFS. We’ve also seen that partnerships involving commercial and retail don’t always deliver - our own Oasis debacle circa 2002 and the Sharks mess at Kurnell are testament to that.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Belmore games easy to park????? Maybe if you arrive at the ground 3 hours early.
I always seem to get parking, don’t see what the fuss is

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tbh I think they don't want to improve belmore oval at all.. I don't know the reasoning behind it. It's not like it would cost that much to add seating
You’re kidding right? Putting any kind of seating at Belmore would be in $20-$30 million at the absolute minimum and where do you think that money is coming from? Don’t say the Leagues Club because they aren’t investing that type of money into something they don’t own and get minimum return on.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity does anyone know how the membership numbers are looking so far for 2020
The official website is still displaying this years total 18,300
That’s not bad taking all things into account

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’re kidding right? Putting any kind of seating at Belmore would be in $20-$30 million at the absolute minimum and where do you think that money is coming from? Don’t say the Leagues Club because they aren’t investing that type of money into something they don’t own and get minimum return on.
I don't expect state of the art seating. Just some bench Seats on the grass, a bigger screen, a better sound system. These are affordable improvements and the lack of effort shown towards this is insulting to the fans .

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't expect state of the art seating. Just some bench Seats on the grass, a bigger screen, a better sound system. These are affordable improvements and the lack of effort shown towards this is insulting to the fans .
The Dogs are merely tenants of BSG though so it’s not their call. BSG is owned by Government & Council so they have the power and with the stadia policy (rebuild SFS/Bankwest and refit ANZ) I doubt it’ll happen at all.

Are you saying the Dogs should lobby harder to get the facilities upgraded?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you saying the Dogs should lobby harder to get the facilities upgraded?
Hell yes, we should be playing at least 3 home games at Belmore each year, eg; Titans, Donkeys and Cowboys.

It's often ignored but the airspace above the railway line is available, NSW transport are more than willing to lease it (eg; Hurstville railway station) and it's a considerable area when the length of the railway line alongside Peter Moore Field is added to that alongside Belmore SG. Useable for car parking space as well as grandstand seating. Transport NSW would also be interested in any development as it could supplement the parking at other times for people using Belmore railway station. Also incorporate upgraded toilet facilities plus food outlets accessible from both sides of the ground as well as Bulldogs merchandise sales.

Think outside the box.

Merry Xmas to All

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can’t just put some bench seating onto a grass hill in a stadium. Belmore needs a tonne of work with a huge bill for it to be fit to have more then a couple of games a year. You might feel insulted but it’s the reality of the situation.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just noticed that the official website is showing 8,200 members so far which isn’t bad
It would be nice to reach 20,000 and really create some good atmosphere at our home games at least
Let’s get on board and support,season tickets are very affordable compared to buying at the gate.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Come on 2020..!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club’s membership team really have to lift their game. The website is terrible to navigate and I renewed over the Xmas break and have heard nothing back besides the money being taken out of my account. It’s going to be a hard sell getting members on board as it is without the making things more difficult in the actual sign up process.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club’s membership team really have to lift their game. The website is terrible to navigate and I renewed over the Xmas break and have heard nothing back besides the money being taken out of my account. It’s going to be a hard sell getting members on board as it is without the making things more difficult in the actual sign up process.
Yeah like all businesses mate they are quick to swipe that credit card

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I agree there’s things they can improve but the club is closed between 20 DEC and 13 JAN so you’ll likely hear something about your membership renewal next week when they are back.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree there’s things they can improve but the club is closed between 20 DEC and 13 JAN so you’ll likely hear something about your membership renewal next week when they are back.
Most places will just have a automated email saying your order has been received it’s little details like that. I’m not really fussed by it as I know they are slow to do things in that department but it’s the people that sign up for the first time that it could effect.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Most places will just have a automated email saying your order has been received it’s little details like that. I’m not really fussed by it as I know they are slow to do things in that department but it’s the people that sign up for the first time that it could effect.
Useful feedback to send to the club to help improve their membership sign-up/renewal process. I wonder though how hamstrung they are by Telstra/NRL who have a deal for all club websites/apps and associated digital infrastructure. As I said I do agree there’s things they can improve but maybe it’s not all in their power.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Useful feedback to send to the club to help improve their membership sign-up/renewal process. I wonder though how hamstrung they are by Telstra/NRL who have a deal for all club websites/apps and associated digital infrastructure. As I said I do agree there’s things they can improve but maybe it’s not all in their power.
Yeah that’s a good point it could also be a Ticketek issue. They seemed to have given a lot of the work to third parties which is cost effective when the third parties get it right but it’s not always the case.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that’s a good point it could also be a Ticketek issue. They seemed to have given a lot of the work to third parties which is cost effective when the third parties get it right but it’s not always the case.
It seems that most companies are using third parties these days but to be honest I don’t find them as reliable
You cannot beat in house staff in general,dollars & cents

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s exactly right and the main issue. As DD said the NRL wanting websites based on the their template is shit too. The membership team are getting better but can definitely still improve a lot