Official Members Forum Update from Belmore

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Total sponsor sleeve shorts back and front gives the football club about 6 million. Seeing the football spends anywhere from 20 to 25 million a year. So together sponsor and NRL grant is about 18 to 19 million and the rest is amde up of a grant from the league club.
wow, thats a bit of coin

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
One good thing about not having a Major sponsor is no big end of town suit will have their 2 cents worth when a player steps out of line.
Probably dumbest question ever but what is the deal with major jersey sponsor? Why do we need it? Is it millions? Ive always hated sponsorship on our jerseys but I know nothing about why it seems necessary.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not something that is published, but front of jersey (ie; major sponsor) is between $1m and $2m. It varies a lot depending on the team itself and their "guaranteed" FTA TV time. It's also almost always a "package deal" that doesn't just include their name on the front of the jersey, there will be player endorsements, corporate boxes, etc.
So are you saying Steggles would be paying a larger amount to the Roosters whereas front of titans jersey sponsor not so much?
Yep, although the Chooks are probably not the best example, the Donkeys are guaranteed so much FTA prime time that their jersey sponsor would be paying more. Plus being one team in a capital city (same as Melbourne) there is more competition for their space so that would drive up the price. They also get more TPA's for the same reason.

Go Dogs

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep, although the Chooks are probably not the best example, the Donkeys are guaranteed so much FTA prime time that their jersey sponsor would be paying more. Plus being one team in a capital city (same as Melbourne) there is more competition for their space so that would drive up the price. They also get more TPA's for the same reason.

Go Dogs
Thursday nights, magic round etc. I live in Brisbane and I know that there use to be a half hour Broncos program on the weekends too ( not sue if its still on cause I couldnt give a ..... ) so what your saying makes alot of sense.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One good thing about not having a Major sponsor is no big end of town suit will have their 2 cents worth when a player steps out of line.
I hear yu but those figures that Hayes quoted above are nothing to sneeze at.
I often hear on here that we are a wealthy club which got me thinking as to why we need jersey sponsorship but if its multiple millions then thats another story.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
But it would make it a lot harder to attract one....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hear yu but those figures that Hayes quoted above are nothing to sneeze at.
I often hear on here that we are a wealthy club which got me thinking as to why we need jersey sponsorship but if its multiple millions then thats another story.
The actual football club isn’t wealthy at all it has never made a profit. The Leagues Club grant covers the losses and more. Off the top of my head the I think the football club was $4 million in the red last year!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I know Spoony. Off course we require one. Here's a suggestion. Assuming we fail to find one soon, let's dedicate the front of our jersey to the Rural Fire Service. This would be the least we can do to raise awareness during the year when hopefully the fires settle down.
But it would make it a lot harder to attract one....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know Spoony. Off course we require one. Here's a suggestion. Assuming we fail to find one soon, let's dedicate the front of our jersey to the Rural Fire Service. This would be the least we can do to raise awareness during the year when hopefully the fires settle down.
That’s not a bad idea actually maybe email the club?

A

Alexander the Great

Sounds nasty mate. Get well soon
Yeah, good. Caught my leg on the ladder as I came down and it snapped both tibia and fibula, which then protruded through my flesh, and bled quite a bit. Scariest thing was seeing my foot flopping around at 180 degrees to normal. Amazing how heavy your foot is when you can hold it in your hands.
Anyway, the surgeon was brilliant. I've had three months on crutches and keeping the leg elevated, but now starting to put weight on the foot and begin walking.
Looks good for being back to normal in a few months - well in time for Switzerland.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wrote this in another post aswell. It would be a great initiative. Much like the camp quality in 09 when we didn't have a major sponsor

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to chat with a few players. What I got from Hoppa was he doesn’t know who will be the other Center but he likes onions on his Bunnings snag. DWZ isn’t a fan off China’s one leader rule and Adam Idiot said he hopes he can get the hand surgery to replace his feet so he can hold the ball properly in games

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to chat with a few players. What I got from Hoppa was he doesn’t know who will be the other Center but he likes onions on his Bunnings snag. DWZ isn’t a fan off China’s one leader rule and Adam Idiot said he hopes he can get the hand surgery to replace his feet so he can hold the ball properly in games
I bet you didn’t call him Adam Idiot to his face

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I bet any player you have ever said was bad you have never said that their face you flop. Don’t try to act like your tough **** on the internet
I’m not the one always calling one of our players idiot instead of his family name. Grow up. You’re not funny

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So he plays for us there for we don’t criticise or make fun off. Ok.
Players have always been criticised and made fun of as long as sport has existed but to call one of our players who does more for the community in a day than you’ll do in your whole life “Idiot” instead of his family name is very disrespectful and I go back to my original comment

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Players have always been criticised and made fun of as long as sport has existed but to call one of our players who does more for the community in a day than you’ll do in your whole life “Idiot” instead of his family name is very disrespectful and I go back to my original comment
You don’t even know me how do you know he does more than me hahahaah Jesus. Plenty of people call him Adam Idiot on here if you haven’t noticed so make sure you pull them up to you sulky bitch good bye

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You don’t even know me how do you know he does more than me hahahaah Jesus. Plenty of people call him Adam Idiot on here if you haven’t noticed so make sure you pull them up to you sulky bitch good bye
It’s a safe bet. I have and will. Don’t insult someone when you won’t say it to their face. See ya