Keiran Foran

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about our submission to the NRL regarding Salary Cao relief for us after his injury in New Zealand? You can bet houses if it was one of the favoured clubs eg Souths we would have heard something before now.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about our submission to the NRL regarding Salary Cao relief for us after his injury in New Zealand? You can bet houses if it was one of the favoured clubs eg Souths we would have heard something before now.
Well yeah if we can get 350k Souths only paying 400k for him lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They're too busy trying to approve Latrell signing for half his value with Souths to have a look at the Foran situation...

Once they've made sure the cartel clubs have been given everything they want, and every rule is broken for them, then the NRL will make the time to deny every other clubs more legitimate requests...

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t think there really is anything to wait for we have the normal $350k and can’t find any suitable halves to use it on.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t think there really is anything to wait for we have the normal $350k and can’t find any suitable halves to use it on.
Has it even been confirmed that we've been granted the 350k though? Isn't that still up in the air because of the uncertainty around the estimated timeframe of Foran's potential return?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL and Foran can shove their 350k up their asses. We don't even need anymore players for the upcoming season anyway considering 2020 is about players consolidating their spots in the line up for the next few years.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has it even been confirmed that we've been granted the 350k though? Isn't that still up in the air because of the uncertainty around the estimated timeframe of Foran's potential return?
I’m not sure I probably should have worded that better. I meant that if we get anything granted it will only be the $350k and extra roster spot. I’m still not sure what happens if Foran came back after Round 12 anyway does that player they bought in as the replacement get released?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not sure I probably should have worded that better. I meant that if we get anything granted it will only be the $350k and extra roster spot. I’m still not sure what happens if Foran came back after Round 12 anyway does that player they bought in as the replacement get released?
Since this is a new untested NRL policy I don't think anyone actually knows for sure how it will work. Last I heard before Xmas was that the detailed policy itself hadn't even been written and/or signed off by the clubs, there was just a brief overview of the principal, basically the same wording as the press release apparently. So there were a lot of points to be worked through, with many questions to be answered, setting out the exact details of how it will work in the real life.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good question. Cap wise you'd have to pay the fill in player the rest of the season if you wanted to keep them once Foran came back... And then find another squad spot..So you would think you would have to release that player, or someone else to make room for that player...

It's a stupid rule with how limited it is in terms of percentage of cap relief and it being restricted to that position and with how hard it would actually be to implement and find a replacement etc...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Good question. Cap wise you'd have to pay the fill in player the rest of the season if you wanted to keep them once Foran came back... And then find another squad spot..So you would think you would have to release that player, or someone else to make room for that player...
It's a stupid rule with how limited it is in terms of percentage of cap relief and it being restricted to that position and with how hard it would actually be to implement and find a replacement etc...
Exactly, its sole purpose it to remove the reluctance of teams to release they star players for International games (to help grow the International Game). If they strictly adhere to the "press release" wording then it won't achieve that, simply because it's impractical for clubs to implement. Which means they won't release their players, so it will fail in its primary objective.

Go Dogs

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt we can sign anyone as the top 30 is already locked in for 2020. I think the club is awaiting the NRL to give the 350k cap which will be used to top up Wakeham this year as as I believe he already agreed to 3 year extension.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt we can sign anyone as the top 30 is already locked in for 2020. I think the club is awaiting the NRL to give the 350k cap which will be used to top up Wakeham this year as as I believe he already agreed to 3 year extension.
Not true, we have 1 spot free in the 30 Roster plus 1 spot free in Development players.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since this is a new untested NRL policy I don't think anyone actually knows for sure how it will work. Last I heard before Xmas was that the detailed policy itself hadn't even been written and/or signed off by the clubs, there was just a brief overview of the principal, basically the same wording as the press release apparently. So there were a lot of points to be worked through, with many questions to be answered, setting out the exact details of how it will work in the real life.

Go Dogs
I thought it got tested out last year when Rapana got injured and Bailey Simonsen was the replacement. Simonsen ended up playing the whole year even when Rapana returned.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nice, let's hope it's officially announced asap

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And we have to spend it for the current season
I'm taking the piss,in other words nothing will eventuate,because we don't have the people capable,of standing toe to toe with the assholes,over the last 2 years,our club has become a bit of a joke,

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tass was upgrade a couple weeks ago into the last spot.
Nope. Tass was in the initial 29 man squad. He was upgraded to a development deal mid last season which rolled over into top 30 this season.