Lachlan Lewis in swap deal with Addo Carr

Is swapping Lewis with Addo-Carr a good swap?

• Yes

Votes: 63 43.2%
  • No

Votes: 75 51.4%
  • This is too much pressure. AHH!!

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Remis didn't get ball because the ball generally went to Lewis on the left who wasted plenty of opportunities. I'll see it as a win so long as Wakeham starts and gets the experience he needs
And Meaney said at the Member Forum he'll be playing on the left this year, so there's definitely some shuffling of the decks going on - we'll all know soon enough...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Couldnt find anything at all about it anywhere. Facebook is hardly a source too. Until we get more verification we might move this to rumours.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And Meaney said at the Member Forum he'll be playing on the left this year, so there's definitely some shuffling of the decks going on - we'll all know soon enough...
Yeah that's going to be hard to pick our starting backline then. If we get Addo-Carr id still want Remis on the wing...
However If they do go with Smith at centre though and Meaney on the wing I think I'd want him outside Hoppa on the right. But the thought of Remis and Josh defending together concerns me a little

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great player, but do we need wingers? Prefer a good centre.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, assuming he gets ball, which is what Reimis didn’t get last year. If JAC comes, Reimis may play centre. If the club are offering up Lachie to swap, that might also say something about Foran’s recovery and he’s on the field from Round 13 once we’ve pocketed our $350k.
Some people are critical of giving Reimis a go at centre but he stated early on that was his position and if he has an experienced rep winger outside him I think it will help him adapt in defence.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Couldnt find anything at all about it anywhere. Facebook is hardly a source too. Until we get more verification we might move this to rumours.
Per @Spoonman84 it's on the 7Plus link above from 37:30 just after the cricket news...so it's out there, even if not confirmed.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would tell the storm to get Phucked.
Their winger is leaving anyway, don't want a disgruntled player on your books,and besides they let Scott and the other tall Fijian Bastard leave without creating a circus.
I say dogs stay firm keep Lewis and take carr as well.
Let's not be bullied now and we have always been about year 2021 anyway,what's the rush
Not disagreeing with you, just saying I doubt Storm would take Cogger and Elliott for Addo-Carr...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't be happy with Lewis being the one swapped. I'd much prefer someone else like Okunbor or Cogger (I wonder why the Storm would want Lewis over Cogger... hmm). Obviously it'd be good getting JAC in either way... Not sure if this is true anyways, I haven't see anything on it (does anyone have a source?)

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you imagine the meltdown on the Kennel if the swap happens and Bellyache turns Lachie into a rep player? ‘Why did we ever let him go??’ ‘Board a joke!’ ‘Sack everyone!’ Sigh...
If you go through the archives there was similar sentiment when Finucane left.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d like to keep Lewis and do see a lot more potential in him than just a defensive half but if the opportunity arose to have an absolute game breaker and the fastest man in the comp in our team we’d be crazy not to consider it

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Light in the halves wtf. We have cogger, wakeham, young averillo, elliot and tolman. Where stacked

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It would make more sense to trade Okunbor for Addo-Carr if we are going down that path
I'd be very happy with that outcome - I'm just not sure the Storm would be. Bellyache won't do another Kasiano...

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine the meltdown on the Kennel if the swap happens and Bellyache turns Lachie into a rep player? ‘Why did we ever let him go??’ ‘Board a joke!’ ‘Sack everyone!’ Sigh...
Would prove the theory that Pay isn’t the coach that brings the best out of a player. Sigh...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Would prove the theory that Pay isn’t the coach that brings the best out of a player. Sigh...
Night and day mate. Bellyache has been coaching the Storm since 2003 - Dean is still learning the Head Coach gig.
Having said that - a bad start this year and Dean likely doesn't do himself many favours for being at the helm in 2021. Time will tell.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Night and day mate. Bellyache has been coaching the Storm since 2003 - Dean is still learning the Head Coach gig.
Having said that - a bad start this year and Dean likely doesn't do himself many favours for being at the helm in 2021. Time will tell.
That’s true. We will come back to this come September I guess

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lewis and Elliott are the backbone of this club. I call bullshit