Official Bulldogs donate $50,000 to communities affected by recent natural disasters

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have looked to rally around the areas affected by the recent Bushfires and those affected by the long term drought by working with the Canterbury League Club to donate $50,000 to assist in the recovery.

The Bulldogs will also use their pre-season trip to Port Macquarie to take on the Raiders on Saturday 29th February, to see how they can best assist the relief efforts.

The club has a strong link with the Far North Coast having formed a partnership last season to assist the development of the game in the region. Both the Bulldogs and Raiders will look to get out into the community during the trip and help raise funds for the relief appeal.

The Bulldogs have also been working closely with the NRL and NSWRL and recently sent Terry Lamb and Kieran Foran on a trip organised by Brad Fittler to visit Taree which was one of the areas affected most by the Bushfires.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill said that the club had been in close contact with the NRL about how best to assist with the relief efforts :

“As a club our heart goes out to all those affected by the Bushfires and drought and I know that everyone at the Bulldogs and all of our fans are in awe of the efforts of not just the Rural Fire Service, but all the emergency services as they continue to fight these bushfires and limit the damage to the communities involved.

We are looking at ways that we can help and realise that this is a crucial time right now as lives and communities are affected.

We will continue to have close dialogue with the NRL and look to best support all of the relief efforts that are taking place.”

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/20...unities-affected-by-recent-natural-disasters/

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good work by the club.. but the government should be doing alot more..

Insurance companies handing out vouchers to those covered instead of cash is also a joke..

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good work by the club.. but the government should be doing alot more..

Insurance companies handing out vouchers to those covered instead of cash is also a joke..
Yeah i was chatting about something similar to my wife the other day.

Most insurance companies will look for any little BS excuse to not pay out. God help them if any try to jip a customer who's house has burnt down on a technicality.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Amazing especially considering we don't have a major sponsor at the moment.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good work by the club, haven’t been on here all day as I’m stuck in bed with my head in the bucket , 24 hour bug an it’s sucks..!!! Good to click in an see this news though.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good work by the club, haven’t been on here all day as I’m stuck in bed with my head in the bucket , 24 hour bug an it’s sucks..!!! Good to click in an see this news though.
Hope you feel better scoob

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every club should put in.
Its supposed to be the lucky country, share the wealth.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah i was chatting about something similar to my wife the other day.

Most insurance companies will look for any little BS excuse to not pay out. God help them if any try to jip a customer who's house has burnt down on a technicality.
I'm not sure if the majority of the insurance companies are government owned/backed or privately owned.

One thing the government needs to do, is step in and make sure all owners are paid what they are owed.

Im sure the government and insurance companies can come up with a strategy/deal/solution with the major project builders to rebuild the homes and towns which have been lost.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be fair, other than Brisbane there's not much wealth to share.
We are just lucky we have the Leagues Club otherwise the Football Club would be in dire straights without it.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That peanut Kyrgios pledges $250 per ace and gets covered by every media outlet. We donate $50k and not even a mention (that I’ve heard). Well done Bulldogs and hats off to anyone else that has donated elsewhere. Every bit counts

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We should not have a sponsor this season. Putting NSW RFS logo on the jersey instead and donate more money. Will do the clubs image a world of good

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons why I love this club is we are always doing stuff like this, but it very rarely gets mentioned.

You would think the NRL would want our club to be up there as a successful club for when we are going good we get great crowds to games, sell copious amount of merch and bring up ratings no doubt.

Anyway, great work by the club to get involved.