Official Members Forum Update from Belmore

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got back home. Talked to most of the boys tonight. Also Hill and Lynne.
Hill and Lynne insisted that they try and keep everything tight lipped and media are throwing darts on most articles written about our club. Nothing much more from them bar saying 2020 we are aiming for success not waiting around for 2021.....
Stimpson says he is loving the move and family are only 4hrs away so not much changed for him after his move to us.
Reimis confirmed he wants a centre spot bad. Lewis looks like he has put on some size and Okonbur looks more impressive aswell. All the boys look happy and fit and were more than happy to have a yarn.

Edit... I encourage everybody who supports the club to do everything they can to make these forums. It is a much better way to have your voice heard and you can put your questions to those with some power over our club.
Would have come along, but had a fall off a ladder a few months ago, and snapped my leg in half. Just getting back on my feet now, with enough metal in the leg to set off the airport alarms - which is a bugger, as I travel a bit to do the tour guide stuff. Hope to make future forums, though.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What promises?
What Chinese whispers?
If you’re worried you have two choices - continue to rant on a forum or join the footy club and vote. You won’t be able to vote in Feb 2020, but you can by Feb 2022 if you’re unhappy with the direction. Additional membership from true Bulldogs is always welcomed...
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No but realistically they served up the same rubbish as start of last 2 seasons. Full of secrets big promises and chinese whispers of absolute hot air. Lol fuck me im worried about these clowns
It is frustrating that we haven't been in the 8 for 3 years, but in all seriousness compared with the 2-premierships-in-5-years baloney we had from the last mob (who on the whole were much more worthy of the big shoes and plastic red noses to go with their clown-like performance), this mob are certainly more mature, careful, and honest.

I don't mind their signings activity so far, I'm a fan of drama in RL, but appreciate what the club are looking to achieve by keeping things calm and avoiding the big noise stories. We've had more good/friendly media stories about our club/players/staff in the media in the last 6 months than we did in the previous 6 years. Textbook media management.

What really stands out for me is the evidence that this mob are taking development ultra-seriously, which is something the last mob were truly awful at.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here : thanks for the updates. To the idiots bad mouthing the club becaus they’re frustrated and start carrying on to other supporters give your self an uppercut. And leave! True dogs supporter don’t carry on like port chops.
And what the fuck is a port chop?? Has the pig been swilling some Grandfather Tawny??

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would have come along, but had a fall off a ladder a few months ago, and snapped my leg in half. Just getting back on my feet now, with enough metal in the leg to set off the airport alarms - which is a bugger, as I travel a bit to do the tour guide stuff. Hope to make future forums, though.
You ok , mate?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Far out @Chris Harding .. really sorry to hear that mate. Hope your recovery continues to come along well, and you are able to get back to the tour guide gig soon.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Far out @Chris Harding .. really sorry to hear that mate. Hope your recovery continues to come along well, and you are able to get back to the tour guide gig soon.
Cheers, It is starting to improve. The bones don't knit as fast for a 71 year old as they do for a youngster. Funnily enough, for all the football I played in my youth - this is the first broken bone I've ever had; and I managed to break both in my leg, so the foot was totally disconnected.
My next gig is the Swiss Alpine rail adventure in April. I should be ready to go by then.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You ok , mate?
Yeah, good. Caught my leg on the ladder as I came down and it snapped both tibia and fibula, which then protruded through my flesh, and bled quite a bit. Scariest thing was seeing my foot flopping around at 180 degrees to normal. Amazing how heavy your foot is when you can hold it in your hands.
Anyway, the surgeon was brilliant. I've had three months on crutches and keeping the leg elevated, but now starting to put weight on the foot and begin walking.
Looks good for being back to normal in a few months - well in time for Switzerland.
Thanks for your thoughts.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
season is getting closer and we have no major sponsor..we are the bulldogs cmon

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
season is getting closer and we have no major sponsor..we are the bulldogs cmon
Yep, but it’s tough out there. Retail conditions are currently the worst since the GFC and companies are very cautious on their spend not to mention digital is getting an increasingly bigger share of the ad-spend over traditional platforms which would include footy clubs/jumpers.

I’ve no doubt it’s not through lack of trying. Yes we’re the Dogs and we have a powerful brand but we also said we’re not prepared to give it away - so good chance it’s not all one way traffic and we’ve declined an offer or two along the way.

9 weeks to kick-off - yes tight but still time and hopefully they land it before March.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: early feb we get a sponsor and it’s a big one . Don’t stress! I’m a time traveller

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably dumbest question ever but what is the deal with major jersey sponsor? Why do we need it? Is it millions? Ive always hated sponsorship on our jerseys but I know nothing about why it seems necessary.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably dumbest question ever but what is the deal with major jersey sponsor? Why do we need it? Is it millions? Ive always hated sponsorship on our jerseys but I know nothing about why it seems necessary.
Not something that is published, but front of jersey (ie; major sponsor) is between $1m and $2m. It varies a lot depending on the team itself and their "guaranteed" FTA TV time. It's also almost always a "package deal" that doesn't just include their name on the front of the jersey, there will be player endorsements, corporate boxes, etc.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not something that is published, but front of jersey (ie; major sponsor) is between $1m and $2m. It varies a lot depending on the team itself and their "guaranteed" FTA TV time.

Go Dogs
So are you saying Steggles would be paying a larger amount to the Roosters whereas front of titans jersey sponsor not so much?

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Total sponsor sleeve shorts back and front gives the football club about 6 million. Seeing the football spends anywhere from 20 to 25 million a year. So together sponsor and NRL grant is about 18 to 19 million and the rest is amde up of a grant from the league club.