How do I tell a barista that he makes a shit coffee?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone knows a good coffee can make or break your morning.

I go to this cafe every morning and there are a few baristas that rotate on shifts.

I know from the barista which will be a good coffee and which won't.

There is one particular man, nice as pie, really nice person but does he make a shit coffee.. sometimes I even throw the coffee out after a sip or two. Coffee tastes burnt and the viscosity is just off, he just can't make a decent coffee.

How do I tell him? Sometimes there are two people on and one takes my order and I'm thinking they will make.my.coffee but they pass it on to him.

I can't go to another cafe as it's the only near my.work.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Order and take it back if its shithouse. If nobody is telling the guy it's a shit coffee then he probably wouldn't know.
Or you could have a sneaky word with someone that makes a good coffee and ask could they make yours as you prefer the way they make it.....
Last resort is to fill the cafe with uppercuts and never return

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell them straight up it’s burnt and get them to make a new one. Eventually the shit barista will get the picture.

Alternatively, and this is what I do. Find a new coffee place.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I gave a coffee shop 4-5 attempts to make me a coffee, and each time I went there, I told them what to do different from the previous day. Even though they did this, they still stuffed up.

Eventually, I just cracked the shits and stopped going there and made it on my own. Nowadays I work in a place that has a coffee machine we can all use (for free) so I'm guaranteed to get the same thing everyday. If I don't like it, I can simply make it myself. Easy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I usually take a sip as soon as they hand it to me and if it's burnt I just say "urgh, what the hell is this? Is it that hard not to burn coffee and milk?"

A

Alexander the Great

You should walk behind the counter and make it yourself. You sound like you have the answers to everything

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Throw it in his face and demand a duel

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
write a note that says you make shit coffee

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw why don't you have an assistant that goes out and gets you coffee?

people without assistants are like renters

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You send him a letter from your solicitor.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
WOW, just when I thought the quality on this forum could not get any worse...........

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Most popular cafes have the grinder dialed in, and the machine on 1 button mode for consistency (if running say a 4 group machine). Most of the time it's only the steaming of the milk and tamping that makes a difference between baristas.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have made my own coffee before at this cafe.

It's just the one barista. He just can't make a decent coffee. One time the coffee tastes like cleaning chemicals. It's nice to know he cleaned the coffee machine but I don't wanna drink it.

He's a nice guy, he would be incredibly offended.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It is crap like this that drove me to plunger coffee. It isn't as good as a quality barista coffee, but it is pretty damn good, cheap and can be made at your desk really easily.

But seriously he probably does not know he is making shit coffee because no one ever says anything. Have a word to him in a polite way. If he takes it the wrong way then that is his problem.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update. Just grabbed a good coffee, the terrible barista not in today. Hopefully he is demoted to presidents cup

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone knows a good coffee can make or break your morning.

I go to this cafe every morning and there are a few baristas that rotate on shifts.

I know from the barista which will be a good coffee and which won't.

There is one particular man, nice as pie, really nice person but does he make a shit coffee.. sometimes I even throw the coffee out after a sip or two. Coffee tastes burnt and the viscosity is just off, he just can't make a decent coffee.

How do I tell him? Sometimes there are two people on and one takes my order and I'm thinking they will make.my.coffee but they pass it on to him.

I can't go to another cafe as it's the only near my.work.
Easily fixed and you won't offend the guy, pour out the coffee and have a shit right there into the cup and hand it back to him and say 'you make shit coffee' problem solved.