Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Even after skeletor came out and said
"We aren't signing Mitchell"

I just wish that they officially announce it so this whole saga can finally end
Yh they aren't signing him because they probably already have. Just waiting for his release and NRL to approve the paperwork :tearsofjoy:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Pays to have a well respected coach. Hel end up at souths
Pays to be a club that the NRL will allow to do whatever it wants to guarantee success. "When Souths are going well, the game is going well" said Greenberg in between mouthfuls of Coachwood and Myrtle penis.
You can't beat the system when it is as flawed and blatantly corrupt as this current shithole of an 'organisation' that is the NRL.

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully roosters screwed Souths as bad as they could on the release (not that I care for the roosters) it’s announced soon and this thread is closed/merged....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep hes been telling a few porkies these days
Three from three...." We have no interest in signing Jai Arrow....We are not signing Latrell Mitchell and We get no favours from the NRL......."

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even after skeletor came out and said
"We aren't signing Mitchell"

I just wish that they officially announce it so this whole saga can finally end
Just like when he said they weren't interested in James Roberts, then 2 weeks later....lol.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If they get Jai Arrow for 2020 too it'll be a good rort even by Souths standards.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they get Jai Arrow for 2020 too it'll be a good rort even by Souths standards.
Yep, almost as good as the Roosters getting Cronk and Teddy in one season.

Next years GF seems like they are going for South's vs Roosters already!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Latrell was offered nearly $1m a season. Now he could gamble on a deal worth half that

• January 6, 2020 6:27am
  • by Staff writers with AAP
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Latrell Mitchell could be set for a massive gamble over his playing future.Source: AAP
Latrell Mitchell is reportedly weighing up whether to take the biggest gamble of his career and sign with South Sydney on a reduced one-year deal.
Fairfax reports Mitchell is considering taking a significant pay cut to sign on at Redfern for $400,000.

He would be banking on the Rabbitohs being able to find enough cap space to offer him a lucrative extension from 2021.

It would be a big risk for the centre who was initially offered a two-year extension at the Roosters worth $800,000 a season while a four-year $3.8 million offer was tabled from Wests Tigers.
Should he agree to the Rabbitohs offer and suffer serious injury or loss of form in 2020, he would lose bargaining power for the following years.

While Mitchell’s signature would be a massive coup for Wayne Bennett and the Rabbitohs, the priority is still securing Gold Coast Titans star Jai Arrow.

The Maroons forward signed a four-year deal from 2021 but both Souths are pushing for the Titans to release him a year early.

Should that happen, however unlikely, Souths would have around $400,000 in cap space to pay Mitchell.

It comes as Mitchell’s chances of staying at the Sydney Roosters took a dent after it was confirmed he wouldn’t return to training with the NRL club.

The 22-year-old was due to return to pre-season training on Monday for the first time since the club pulled an offer off the table for 2021 last November. However, they have since moved to stop an almost-certain media circus, with star centre being granted leave not to appear.
“Sydney Roosters player Latrell Mitchell has been granted a leave of absence, excusing him from all training commitments,” the club said in a statement on Sunday night.

Mitchell hasn’t been back on official duties with the Roosters since winning last year’s premiership.

He turned out for the Kangaroos for their end-of-year Tests, before he and the rest of the club’s international stars had their leave end over Christmas.

Off-contract at the end of 2020, Mitchell has been linked with the Wests Tigers, Canterbury, North Queensland, Gold Coast and South Sydney.

The Rabbitohs now seem the most likely destination, although they have previously moved to distance themselves from the talented back.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's about money for him though. Latrell was pissed off that Freddy dropped him from the NSW team, and given how close Freddy is with the Roosters, it made things very awkward for them.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's about money for him though. Latrell was pissed off that Freddy dropped him from the NSW team, and given how close Freddy is with the Roosters, it made things very awkward for them.
His a sook, played poorly for nsw game 1
Got dropped n sooked
Wighton came in and didn’t miss a beat

Your right with the Freddy thing, Mitchell prolly thought he never get dropped by Freddy

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell was offered nearly $1m a season. Now he could gamble on a deal worth half that

Latrell Mitchell could be set for a massive gamble over his playing future.Source: AAP
Latrell Mitchell is reportedly weighing up whether to take the biggest gamble of his career and sign with South Sydney on a reduced one-year deal.
Fairfax reports Mitchell is considering taking a significant pay cut to sign on at Redfern for $400,000.

He would be banking on the Rabbitohs being able to find enough cap space to offer him a lucrative extension from 2021.

It would be a big risk for the centre who was initially offered a two-year extension at the Roosters worth $800,000 a season while a four-year $3.8 million offer was tabled from Wests Tigers.
Should he agree to the Rabbitohs offer and suffer serious injury or loss of form in 2020, he would lose bargaining power for the following years.

While Mitchell’s signature would be a massive coup for Wayne Bennett and the Rabbitohs, the priority is still securing Gold Coast Titans star Jai Arrow.

The Maroons forward signed a four-year deal from 2021 but both Souths are pushing for the Titans to release him a year early.

Should that happen, however unlikely, Souths would have around $400,000 in cap space to pay Mitchell.

It comes as Mitchell’s chances of staying at the Sydney Roosters took a dent after it was confirmed he wouldn’t return to training with the NRL club.

The 22-year-old was due to return to pre-season training on Monday for the first time since the club pulled an offer off the table for 2021 last November. However, they have since moved to stop an almost-certain media circus, with star centre being granted leave not to appear.
“Sydney Roosters player Latrell Mitchell has been granted a leave of absence, excusing him from all training commitments,” the club said in a statement on Sunday night.

Mitchell hasn’t been back on official duties with the Roosters since winning last year’s premiership.

He turned out for the Kangaroos for their end-of-year Tests, before he and the rest of the club’s international stars had their leave end over Christmas.

Off-contract at the end of 2020, Mitchell has been linked with the Wests Tigers, Canterbury, North Queensland, Gold Coast and South Sydney.

The Rabbitohs now seem the most likely destination, although they have previously moved to distance themselves from the talented back.
Let’s see if Greenturd ratifies a deal like this. Like FFS, WE could offer more than that!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I saw a post of Facebook before this article dropped... Some dude commented one year deal at Souths before 4 year deal with dogs lol. Seems like bullshit lol but I don't know why the NRL would register that 400k deal... Very dodgy

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh I thought nrl was trying to stop these under deals. How can an 800k player be registered to a team for 400.

you lose a 1 million dollar player in burgers. And what ever Sutton was on. And you replace them with an 800k prop. An 800k back. And what looks like a 700k winger in addo Carr. If that’s not a complete referb of a strong team already I don’t know what is.

Dogs have been in a rebuild for 3 years. And we pick up crighton and Meaney. South come across 1.5 million dollars from what seems like a hugely dodgy ruling. And they Could end up with the best up and coming props and 2 of the 3 best backs in the world :p

In reply we are dropping huge money on Luke Thompson as our saviour :p

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His a sook, played poorly for nsw game 1
Got dropped n sooked
Wighton came in and didn’t miss a beat

Your right with the Freddy thing, Mitchell prolly thought he never get dropped by Freddy
HOnestly, moved on from Mitchell some time ago. Doesn't have the right attitude for our club. Good luck to him at whatever club he signs for as I honestly think he's going to have a heap of troubles in the coming years

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t think the NRL will register that mate
I don’t agree mate ,roosters have already paid a portion of his contract and as ive said this year hes not on big coin its the years after he will be in any case my feeling is its not so much the money as to why the club has shown no interest in him but the drama he brings and feels that he could destabilise what the club is trying to build so full credit to the club as culture is very important.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't they have to pay him his market value for the NRL to register? Surely a superstar like him would be a minimum of 600k.
400k is what someone like Elliott is on..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
HOnestly, moved on from Mitchell some time ago. Doesn't have the right attitude for our club. Good luck to him at whatever club he signs for as I honestly think he's going to have a heap of troubles in the coming years
Yes a long time ago..!! No thanks based on the Drawn out process. It’s all a circus act as we all know, if a player genuinely wants to play for us, an join our club then I will be happy to have them (depending on whom it is) but the back an forth game of tag is OVERRATED now.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t agree mate ,roosters have already paid a portion of his contract and as ive said this year hes not on big coin its the years after he will be in any case my feeling is its not so much the money as to why the club has shown no interest in him but the drama he brings and feels that he could destabilise what the club is trying to build so full credit to the club as culture is very important.
Maybe man but I hope not. The roosters claim they never pay for players to pay for other clubs. It will be interesting to see if they do. I wonder if Kumbaya is still around around to comment?

If he signs for less than the roosters were offering after making his asking price a million or more it’s pretty suss