Never been so disinterested in an upcoming season

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All boils down to ..those guys out there are wearing our jumper. We want to watch them play and we want them to win.
Indeed wendog, our team our boys, support them, don’t write them off this early.. and when they are written off, be disappointed.. but hope for a better year the next.!!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't bother coming into this thread as the title said it all but ... thought I'd check out what the crack was ...

Can understand all of our concern. We only want the club to do well. But it's the 4th of January? Are we really losing our shit now? Funny

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For the 2020 season we're signing one reject MAX (all we have to spend). It's unlikely we're going to get the Fifita deal over the line without offering stupid amounts of money (everything so far has shown we're not going to pay overs so we're not getting any top talent). It's also going to be difficult for us to sign reject and opportunist type players if we have serious competition for them (other clubs interested bar a few). If we were able to hover around the eight (not realistic) that would help massively for future recruitment. We're more looking towards a bottom four battle (hopefully finishing around 12th). Anything is possible of course (and until it's mathematically impossible I'll be behind the boys) but we shouldn't be placing our expectations at miracle levels.
How can you assess the team as a "bottom four" team. They were an inch off the 8 last season and would have been closer except for
some things beyond our control. We have built up the team, we have disposed of most of the dead wood.
One thing that needs to improve is intensity. The players know that and the coach repeatedly reminds them.
This team will surprise a lot of people.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How can you assess the team as a "bottom four" team. They were an inch off the 8 last season and would have been closer except for
some things beyond our control. We have built up the team, we have disposed of most of the dead wood.
One thing that needs to improve is intensity. The players know that and the coach repeatedly reminds them.
"Things beyond our control"

Lol idiot.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't bother coming into this thread as the title said it all but ... thought I'd check out what the crack was ...

Can understand all of our concern. We only want the club to do well. But it's the 4th of January? Are we really losing our shit now? Funny
Exactly this.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sorry to upset you
All good :grinning: not upset.... just wanted to see if you'd be decent about it when you got the same post back that you had sent :grinning:

Kinda fed up with people looking like they're so dismissive of others concerns who love the club just as much.

We all just want our team to play entertaining footy and be up there.

I apologise to you for being a smartie.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im the thread king every **** gets triggered or something when i post ahaha

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I am so looking forward to having Elliot Sue Britt starting over Toomaga Ogden and any young forward with promise

Im looking forward to Lewis and Cogger given starts every single week no matter how shit we play while Wakeham doesnt get a shot

Im looking forward to Montoya been given more chances to fail week in week out.

Look forward to Pays awesome tactics every week and his wild selections and his very effective use of the Bench..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
8 pages For this thread... round 1 approaches slowly, pages count up.. we in for a massive year.. will be another great ride..!!

sit back an enjoy :grinning:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All good :grinning: not upset.... just wanted to see if you'd be decent about it when you got the same post back that you had sent :grinning:

Kinda fed up with people looking like they're so dismissive of others concerns who love the club just as much.

We all just want our team to play entertaining footy and be up there.

I apologise to you for being a smartie.
Haha all good mate, just givin a bit too. Had nothin else

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am so looking forward to having Elliot Sue Britt starting over Toomaga Ogden and any young forward with promise

Im looking forward to Lewis and Cogger given starts every single week no matter how shit we play while Wakeham doesnt get a shot

Im looking forward to Montoya been given more chances to fail week in week out.

Look forward to Pays awesome tactics every week and his wild selections and his very effective use of the Bench..
Can only hope he learns from his early season selection mistakes,when he finally picked the rick players late in the season we started playing really well,i also have a fear pay will revert to picking his favourites ,he should pick the guys that killed it last year with stimson and wakeham

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can only hope he learns from his early season selection mistakes,when he finally picked the rick players late in the season we started playing really well,i also have a fear pay will revert to picking his favourites ,he should pick the guys that killed it last year with stimson and wakeham
unnamed.gif

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have never felt this way about an upcoming season, it’s really sad tbh, cause there is nothing to look forward to. No new signings..... sigh
Well next year all excuses are over with.
Salary cap dramas will be behind us.
Interesting to see who we chase this year for next year.
Be excited about that mate

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
True, we seemed to clock off in the last 20 minutes of games that were probable wins. Focus and determination is as important as having the set plays. Actually, a few set plays would be nice, too.