Official Latrell Mitchell to Souths

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ive been his biggest critic but hes brilliant off the bench at the right price of course ,the issue was when pay had him starting he aint no starter
He works hard but I just hate when he tries to ball play bro... agree he’s better off the bench. If the best team is picked he won’t be starting anyway.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’ll start with this - in all honesty, I’m a blue and white eyed Bulldogs fan since 78’ and I don’t care who runs the club so long as they do a good job. I wasn’t a huge fan of Dib and co, and to be honest, I don’t think this board is setting the world on fire either. We are extending a lot of contracts for guys who had a good 2 months of football when there was nothing left to play for. Yes it was great and I loved how they played above their weight, but truth is the season was gone. I hope this faith they are putting in them doesn’t back fire because a lot of our recruitment and retention team will have BIG questions to answer if we start shit again. I’m not to proud to say I really hope I am wrong. Happy to be wrong so long as it means my Dogs are killing it!

That said, it appears now we have pulled right out of probably the best player available who appears good enough for a team who is miles better than us, and have recruited Arrow and have some serious talent already on their books.

I can’t help but feel we have really f@&ked up here.

hope I’m wrong
I'm of the same opinion Turvey.

Is the extra x factor that nearly fell in our laps that we didn't have the balls to recruit and turn into an outstanding player for us.

Lots are happy we passed. Fair enough, he does have baggage but of any player that is available for the next two (2) years, he is the one to make a difference to the CB Bulldogs and be on our winning way.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm of the same opinion Turvey.

Is the extra x factor that nearly fell in our laps that we didn't have the balls to recruit and turn into an outstanding player for us.

Lots are happy we passed. Fair enough, he does have baggage but of any player that is available for the next two (2) years, he is the one to make a difference to the CB Bulldogs and be on our winning way.
Money, not balls

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Money, not balls
If that is the only reason....good operators find a way. Coorey was working on this on his own. He must of had some money he was proposing to pay the guy?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If that is the only reason....good operators find a way. Coorey was working on this on his own. He must of had some money he was proposing to pay the guy?
The NRL were well aware of our salary cap position. How would you have done it? As has been stated to death, the club have money but not that sort of money to throw at one roster spot for this year.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’ll start with this - in all honesty, I’m a blue and white eyed Bulldogs fan since 78’ and I don’t care who runs the club so long as they do a good job. I wasn’t a huge fan of Dib and co, and to be honest, I don’t think this board is setting the world on fire either. We are extending a lot of contracts for guys who had a good 2 months of football when there was nothing left to play for. Yes it was great and I loved how they played above their weight, but truth is the season was gone. I hope this faith they are putting in them doesn’t back fire because a lot of our recruitment and retention team will have BIG questions to answer if we start shit again. I’m not to proud to say I really hope I am wrong. Happy to be wrong so long as it means my Dogs are killing it!

That said, it appears now we have pulled right out of probably the best player available who appears good enough for a team who is miles better than us, and have recruited Arrow and have some serious talent already on their books.

I can’t help but feel we have really f@&ked up here.

hope I’m wrong
Spot on

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Isn’t today D-day?
Haha his new manager needs to get up to speed

Agent war stalls Latrell Mitchell’s NRL future
Nick Walshaw, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only

|

January 4, 2020 4:37pm

Roosters superstar Latrell Mitchell has become embroiled in yet another agent war.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal Mitchell, who is represented by manager Wayde Rushton, has requested an immediate release to join the stable of rival NRL agent and boxing promoter Matt Rose.

The switch, which would be the 22-year-old’s third agent change in less than eight months, comes as talks between the Kangaroo and South Sydney intensify.

The reigning premiers officially return to pre-season training Monday, but it is understood Mitchell won’t commit anywhere until the management change is finalised.

Watch over 50 sports LIVE on Kayo! Stream to your TV, mobile, tablet or computer. Just $25/month, cancel anytime. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Latrell Mitchell has requested a release from his manager. Picture: Phil Hillyard
For months, now, it has been claimed Rose has been speaking on Mitchell’s behalf with officials from Souths, Wests Tigers and the Roosters.

In an interview with The Daily Telegraph shortly before Christmas, however, the agent said he had no professional control over the Australian Test star and was not involved with any potential move to South Sydney.

Rose added he had no clue where Mitchell was headed for the upcoming season and said it was not his intention to get involved.

Rushton, meanwhile, looked set to make Mitchell rugby league’s newest $1 million man — as well as getting him a desired switch to fullback.

Apart from securing the Kangaroo incumbent a four-year deal with Wests Tigers worth upwards of $4 million, Rushton had also negotiated a bumper Adidas sponsorship.

Latrell Mitchell is odds-on to join Souths.
Elsewhere, the agent had also been negotiating with Bunnies officials to have rugby league’s top pointscorer potentially jump the fence to Redfern for 2020.

Only last May, Mitchell spoke glowingly of his move to Rushton’s camp after the Roosters poster boy endured a public falling out with manager Steve Deacon, telling The Daily Telegraph: “There were days I couldn’t get out of bed.”

At the time, the centre conceded his public break-up with Deacon, coupled with rumours about him being unhappy at the Roosters,then wanting to join Sydney rivals like Souths and Parramatta, had taken a heavy toll.

Bunnies coach Wayne Bennett is understandably a huge Mitchell fan and would obviously enjoy the challenge that is getting the best from the mercurial three-quarter.

Already, Rose has solid links to Souths given one of his clients is Bunnies No.6 Cody Walker.

The brother of retired NRL cult favourite George Rose also manages NSW Origin incumbent Jack Wighton.

Latrell Mitchell (backrow holding stingray) at an Indigenous leadership camp.
And now it seems Mitchell will be the latest indigenous star to join his small stable.

While Rushton has secured the $4 million Tigers deal, it is understood the management switch could be finalised as soon as Tuesday.

While the reigning premiers remain keen to get Mitchell off their books immediately, Roosters coach Trent Robinson has rejected reports suggesting he will dump the centre to reserve grade if he chooses to see out the last year of his deal.

As of Saturday afternoon, Roosters coaching staff were expecting Mitchell to show at training on Monday morning.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The circus continues....

So much hoopla still surrounding this scenario. I just wish it would hurry up and end already I'm sick of hearing about the bloke to be honest.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn’t a bad thread when we were involved... now we are not zzzzzzz

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah exactly, who wants to hear how Souths are strengthening their team :(
No shit lol.. and that goes for all the rumours about who may sign with us, once they are quashed then it’s over.. next thread lol, Move on..!!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The circus continues....

So much hoopla still surrounding this scenario. I just wish it would hurry up and end already I'm sick of hearing about the bloke to be honest.
I wish we had him and could hear about him for the next 8 years or so. The impact :hearteyes:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the paper today apparently souths paying his new management the payout figure lattrell will have to payout his old manager,let me guess not included in the cap for the darlings of the nrl

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Pays to have a well respected coach. Hel end up at souths

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roosters have put out a statement lattrell has been given leave not having to attend training he’s definitely gone to souths nick doesn’t want him near the place

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters have put out a statement lattrell has been given leave not having to attend training he’s definitely gone to souths nick doesn’t want him near the place
Even after skeletor came out and said
"We aren't signing Mitchell"

I just wish that they officially announce it so this whole saga can finally end

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even after skeletor came out and said
"We aren't signing Mitchell"

I just wish that they officially announce it so this whole saga can finally end
Yep hes been telling a few porkies these days