ScoMo's Holiday Outrage

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm really struggling to find the data on that, which is why i've stayed away from funding discussions in this thread.

State labor's criticism of $40million funding cuts seems to be bullshit because this was genuinely spent on one off costs as the state libs say.

https://www.crikey.com.au/2019/12/10/nsw-firefighting-budget-fact-check/

Haven't found the reference to those funding cuts for staff yet
Little bit here
https://independentaustralia.net/ar...ts-while-nsw-burns,13307#.XcseQ8Vfr_8.twitter

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So

Again with the election. What does it have to do with bushfires and PM ineptitude?

Libs didn't win the last election, Labour lost it. The lesser of 2 evils.

A competent opposition leader would not have lost that one. Scomo bradburied it over the line.

Even so Scomo has the job, so at your next Liberal Party meeting where you all still get together to relive past glories like the last election, tell the smug prick to get over the past, pull his F@#KING finger out and do something about what is going on Today.
It was a one seat win with two that should have been disallowed. Furthermore much of Queensland got dudded through preference deals where Palmer and Hanson etc pushed many seats into power because they thought their votes were going elsewhere.

As far as it goes with Shortens performance, he took a very soft approach to the election while the libs, nationals Palmer etc all went hard with scare tactics. Shorten tried to use logic and reason. If the media weren't complicit in running the scare campaigns things might have been different. Even the AEC shouldn't have allowed the Lib/Nats to run a campaign of lies. It raises questions about the lack of an impartial electoral Commission.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alternative facts

Cool story bro
If there is a climate change issue give us a solution that will change it and is there a serious solution out there that would minimise the economic impact for everyone?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If there is a climate change issue give us a solution that will change it and is there a serious solution out there that would minimise the economic impact for everyone?
Invest in renewables, not just building but research and development

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a one seat win with two that should have been disallowed. Furthermore much of Queensland got dudded through preference deals where Palmer and Hanson etc pushed many seats into power because they thought their votes were going elsewhere.

As far as it goes with Shortens performance, he took a very soft approach to the election while the libs, nationals Palmer etc all went hard with scare tactics. Shorten tried to use logic and reason. If the media weren't complicit in running the scare campaigns things might have been different. Even the AEC shouldn't have allowed the Lib/Nats to run a campaign of lies. It raises questions about the lack of an impartial electoral Commission.
How bout Kathy Sheriff who was raped by Bill Shorten?

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps Howard shouldn't have sold off the telecommunications network for a years worth of profit in his tenure as pm. The NBN could largely have been funded by the business that Australian tax payers built to take care of these things.

As far as I'm concerned, people who despise welfare recipients are lacking in both empathy and common sense. Australia has a huge job shortage. Whether you like it or not, I'd prefer not to see unemployed people become homeless or forced into crime to survive. And every dollar spent supports businesses and keeps other jobs alive.

And at the end of the day, even if we allowed our welfare system to be completely removed, the liberals would just give more tax breaks to the ultra wealthy. I don't know why anyone that works for a living thinks otherwise.
For a start I don't despise welfare recipients I do though despise dole bludgers! Australians that want a job will find one honestly its not that hard unless you are getting up in age and that's a different story. I don't want unemployed homeless either but assholes that trash a house given to them by taxpayers in 12 months and cause 30,000 dollars of damage to new carpets ,kitchens etc should be kicked out but their not they are moved to another home again payed for by taxpayers and giving them a home doesn't stop the crime ive seen them living in the homes I worked in. I don't disagree with the selling of our assets that just crazy, as crazy as giving money away to bludgers that don't appreciate it

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some of the blame has gotta go to Berejiklian the Premier who has escaped scrutiny so far.
Blame her for what exactly?

Is she one of the arsonists?

For not being out on the field, fighting the fires with a garden hose?

What is it exactly she should of done, to keep you happy?

Please enlighten me

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sociopath much?

People have died, lost everything from family members to their homes and all their belongings and this is your answer?

What about towns like Cobargo that were built up residential areas? They didn't 'live amongst the trees'. What about the coastal town that have never seen bushfires since anglo-saxon rule?

And what about the fires that were deliberately lit? Still their fault for 'living amongst the trees'? What about the farms that have been lost?

And do you really believe that another 1000 firefighters wouldn't have helped? With another 1000 firefighters and the fires would have been extinguished weeks ago. They would never have gotten to the stage they are now. They would not have been required yesterday.

I like how you took the commissioners quote out of context to suit your argument.He was talking about just yesterday, not for the whole event that started last November.
Cobargo isn't a built up residential area quite the opposite the coastal towns have burnt because we have been in a drought for 20 years the longest drought on record I believe, What about the deliberately lit fires? I never mentioned them and I never said it was their fault I said that was a decision they made to live there and you have to realise that bush burns especially when its dry and they should stop blaming others.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...kfpRbWlrRIJ4t12VrfT4YkmWBJQ8uA0gshEa5Jwu6QkA4

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't associate your name with Horse. Don't make it worse by associating with Natboy ;)

It was a legit enquiry I made above re welfare recipients/Labor and the NBN. I was genuinely interested in your opinion.
Yes you did!

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he expressed an opinion.

What you're saying tho is he expressed that opinion as a Labor voter who wanted Shorten to be PM, and not as a disillusioned firie on the job?
Absolutely right what is he otherwise complaing for because the PM was in Hawaii or the so called funding cuts I don't know!

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just so we can understand...The welfare people vote for Labor? Please detail these welfare people you speak of that don't help.

And the waste if money with the NBN. Whose fault is that?
Whos idea was the NBN? told it was a bad idea before it was started and told it would be outdated before it was finished but wanted to buy votes with it

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of people are severely lacking in empathy and the fact that these fires have carried on for so long just means that those people are finding it hard to keep their feet out of their mouths. Sadly it all started with politicians and some assertions that people deserved to lose everything for allegedly being green voters. Hopefully people remember how the most callous of politicians behaved when the next election rolls around.
It al started with Labour trying to blame the government for cutting funding

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys if you can’t have a discussion without name calling, putting people down etc then I will close this thread.

Keep it civil please

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not an opinion.

Just a fact.

Unless you think doing nothing is doing a great job.

Dumb question you clearly do.
Its only a fact in some peoples thoughts not for many others and no I didn't vote for him but far out hes the PM and he doesn't run every department in the government