ScoMo's Holiday Outrage

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So true ...it's 2 sides going at each other but one has the vast resources of Murdoch, Stokes 7 media, Nine, Fox , Macquarie radio syndicates, IPA, mining, big business, multi nationals.

The other has the union movement.

The rest of us have ABC, the Guardian and a few others to garner some sort of factual sense of it all.

Australia last.
ABC factual? Not for years

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So true ...it's 2 sides going at each other but one has the vast resources of Murdoch, Stokes 7 media, Nine, Fox , Macquarie radio syndicates, IPA, mining, big business, multi nationals.

The other has the union movement.

The rest of us have ABC, the Guardian and a few others to garner some sort of factual sense of it all.

Australia last.
ABC and the guardian for facts?????? Lollllllllllllllllll
On a serious note you are a good argument why freedom of speech doesn’t work. ABC and guardian providing facts? What in the fuck is wrong with women

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Invaded” lol. Mate if you feel guilty about it that’s on you. But you’re still living here and aren’t offering your land to aborigines. So I would say stop with the virtue signalling and appreciate the country you’re in.

I'm not personally guilty as I never voted for him after this shameful involvement by Australia.

What the issue of living here and giving my land to Aboriginals has to do with my point is beyond me.

I'm more than happy to express my moral value on this point.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I'm not personally guilty as I never voted for him after this shameful involvement by Australia.

What the issue of living here and giving my land to Aboriginals has to do with my point is beyond me.

I'm more than happy to express my moral value on this point.
You’ve confused me so much. I need to go back and see the post you replied to because it sounded like you were having a heart attack about the English colonising Australia and calling it an invasion.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
@wendog33 @CaptainJackson @Alan79 @Bob dog
-i apologise for all the other lefties which i have missed out on

Bloodcurdling insanity’: Real reason ScoMo is under fire

The only thing more ferocious than the flames tearing through eastern Australia at the moment is the political firestorm that has accompanied them.

In times of natural disaster the convention in this country has always been to put politics to one side for the sake of national unity but these have not just been the most powerful bushfires we have ever seen, they have also been the most political.

There are many who claim this is because of Scott Morrison abrogating his leadership in a time of national crisis in favour of a family holiday to Hawaii but that is, frankly, crap.

The chaos of recent weeks is just the discordant final cadence in a decade of bitter, personal, small-minded and shortsighted political leadership that has crippled our country and consigned us to burn long before Morrison took the keys to the Lodge.

It is obvious to all but the most hermitic mountain monk that there is widespread anger in the Australian community that burns as hot as the bushfires themselves, and this anger has been simmering since long before the fire season.

We have had Liberal and Labor powerbrokers treat the office of the prime minister as a personal plaything and the electorate with contempt in the process.

We have had banks exposed for reaching into the pockets of dead people, churches exposed for dumping paedophile priests on unsuspecting parishes and a once in a century drought that was ravaging the regions for years before city politicians even noticed.

And so when that drought literally fuelled a literal firestorm that literally consumed people’s lives and homes that anger could no longer be contained. That is the true source of the rage against the PM in the bush and what he faced in Cobargo this week.

These are the people who know better than anyone that the federal government doesn’t have primary responsibility for fighting fires and that no politician, state or federal, is in charge of operational matters like this anyway. They have simply had it up to their necks with failure upon failure and they’re sick of the whole damn lot.

And fair enough. Those are the ones genuinely looking to the Prime Minister for some kind of leadership, some kind of reassurance.

However even Blind Freddy can see that there is also a far more cynical campaign being waged against the PM that originated not from the bush but from the leafy and inner-city suburbs of Sydney and Melbourne – hashtag activists who are more angry at Morrison for winning the election than for anything he has or hasn’t done about the fires.

As has been noted, many of the same commentariat who condemned Morrison for not doing enough to fight fires condemned Tony Abbott for actually physically fighting fires.

It also insults the intelligence of every Australian to suggest that the same people who circulate pictures of the PM’s face etched on a ballsack are looking to him for guidance and reassurance in these troubled times.

If anything, they only want Morrison around so they can spit in his face. Hell, even all of Sydney Harbour couldn’t keep him safe from Tex Perkins.

The Twitter left’s attacks on Morrison’s absence is like the old joke about the two rich ladies complaining about their dinner: “The food here is terrible,” the first laments. “I know,” agrees the second, “and in such small portions”.

That is the most obvious irony but the even greater one is that all this hypocritical hysteria is probably what tricked Morrison into thinking that all the outrage against him was confected and so he might as well go catch some rays.

While I cannot pretend to know his mind, I suspect that Morrison’s political instincts told him that the bushfire crisis was a minefield in which he would always be wedged on climate change and thus one for him to avoid where possible. He thought about the problem as a politician, not as a prime minister, and hence saw a political crisis where he should have seen a national crisis. That, I believe, is at the core of what now appears to be a catastrophic misjudgment.

But this doesn’t mean that his most strident critics are pure of heart. One of the few political leaders to acquit himself with dignity in this sorry mess has been Anthony Albanese, who has been consistently on the frontline – even personally buying snacks at his local supermarket to take to the firefighters – while at the same time refusing to get into the gutter and tear down the PM for his fateful family holiday. If the lunar left had any genuine concern for national leadership they would have applauded Albanese. Instead they attacked him for not attacking Morrison.

And it is in this microcosm that we see all the banality and venality of Australian politics writ large. On the one hand we have a few bitter ideologues who are callous enough to treat the bushfires as a political opportunity to be exploited and on the other we have a seasoned partisan warrior who is cynical enough to treat the bushfires as a political problem to be avoided.

Both camps are far more obsessed with political corpses than civilian ones, the same insular mindset of vendetta that has poisoned Australian politics for a decade. A mindset where victory is won by tearing down foes instead of building for the future.

Let us not forget that it was the Greens that blocked Labor’s emissions trading scheme 10 years ago out of ideology and spite – the one piece of legislation at the one point in time that might have actually helped curtail the severity of these bushfires today.

Let us not forget the seesawing paralysis on every major policy area from climate change to border security to tax reform to infrastructure and the exodus of any half-decent political or policy mind from this noodle-nation maelstrom.

And of course let us not forget the bloodcurdling insanity that gripped both major parties as they killed off leaders with the dead-eyed conviction of the Manson Family in every single parliamentary term since 2007.

The product of all this is that while on paper it looks like we have had five prime ministers in the last decade, we haven’t even really had one. Instead we have been governed by opposition leaders in nicer suits. The real problem with national leadership in Australia is that no one in the past 10 years has had any practice at it.

The truth is that leadership didn’t just take a holiday when the PM went to Hawaii last month. Leadership vacated the field in this country a decade ago and we’re all just skeletons on the platform waiting for it to return.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

The only thing more ferocious than the flames tearing through eastern Australia at the moment is the political firestorm that has accompanied them.

In times of natural disaster the convention in this country has always been to put politics to one side for the sake of national unity but these have not just been the most powerful bushfires we have ever seen, they have also been the most political.

There are many who claim this is because of Scott Morrison abrogating his leadership in a time of national crisis in favour of a family holiday to Hawaii but that is, frankly, crap.

The chaos of recent weeks is just the discordant final cadence in a decade of bitter, personal, small-minded and shortsighted political leadership that has crippled our country and consigned us to burn long before Morrison took the keys to the Lodge.

It is obvious to all but the most hermitic mountain monk that there is widespread anger in the Australian community that burns as hot as the bushfires themselves, and this anger has been simmering since long before the fire season.

We have had Liberal and Labor powerbrokers treat the office of the prime minister as a personal plaything and the electorate with contempt in the process.

We have had banks exposed for reaching into the pockets of dead people, churches exposed for dumping paedophile priests on unsuspecting parishes and a once in a century drought that was ravaging the regions for years before city politicians even noticed.

And so when that drought literally fuelled a literal firestorm that literally consumed people’s lives and homes that anger could no longer be contained. That is the true source of the rage against the PM in the bush and what he faced in Cobargo this week.

These are the people who know better than anyone that the federal government doesn’t have primary responsibility for fighting fires and that no politician, state or federal, is in charge of operational matters like this anyway. They have simply had it up to their necks with failure upon failure and they’re sick of the whole damn lot.

And fair enough. Those are the ones genuinely looking to the Prime Minister for some kind of leadership, some kind of reassurance.

However even Blind Freddy can see that there is also a far more cynical campaign being waged against the PM that originated not from the bush but from the leafy and inner-city suburbs of Sydney and Melbourne – hashtag activists who are more angry at Morrison for winning the election than for anything he has or hasn’t done about the fires.

As has been noted, many of the same commentariat who condemned Morrison for not doing enough to fight fires condemned Tony Abbott for actually physically fighting fires.

It also insults the intelligence of every Australian to suggest that the same people who circulate pictures of the PM’s face etched on a ballsack are looking to him for guidance and reassurance in these troubled times.

If anything, they only want Morrison around so they can spit in his face. Hell, even all of Sydney Harbour couldn’t keep him safe from Tex Perkins.

The Twitter left’s attacks on Morrison’s absence is like the old joke about the two rich ladies complaining about their dinner: “The food here is terrible,” the first laments. “I know,” agrees the second, “and in such small portions”.

That is the most obvious irony but the even greater one is that all this hypocritical hysteria is probably what tricked Morrison into thinking that all the outrage against him was confected and so he might as well go catch some rays.

While I cannot pretend to know his mind, I suspect that Morrison’s political instincts told him that the bushfire crisis was a minefield in which he would always be wedged on climate change and thus one for him to avoid where possible. He thought about the problem as a politician, not as a prime minister, and hence saw a political crisis where he should have seen a national crisis. That, I believe, is at the core of what now appears to be a catastrophic misjudgment.

But this doesn’t mean that his most strident critics are pure of heart. One of the few political leaders to acquit himself with dignity in this sorry mess has been Anthony Albanese, who has been consistently on the frontline – even personally buying snacks at his local supermarket to take to the firefighters – while at the same time refusing to get into the gutter and tear down the PM for his fateful family holiday. If the lunar left had any genuine concern for national leadership they would have applauded Albanese. Instead they attacked him for not attacking Morrison.

And it is in this microcosm that we see all the banality and venality of Australian politics writ large. On the one hand we have a few bitter ideologues who are callous enough to treat the bushfires as a political opportunity to be exploited and on the other we have a seasoned partisan warrior who is cynical enough to treat the bushfires as a political problem to be avoided.

Both camps are far more obsessed with political corpses than civilian ones, the same insular mindset of vendetta that has poisoned Australian politics for a decade. A mindset where victory is won by tearing down foes instead of building for the future.

Let us not forget that it was the Greens that blocked Labor’s emissions trading scheme 10 years ago out of ideology and spite – the one piece of legislation at the one point in time that might have actually helped curtail the severity of these bushfires today.

Let us not forget the seesawing paralysis on every major policy area from climate change to border security to tax reform to infrastructure and the exodus of any half-decent political or policy mind from this noodle-nation maelstrom.

And of course let us not forget the bloodcurdling insanity that gripped both major parties as they killed off leaders with the dead-eyed conviction of the Manson Family in every single parliamentary term since 2007.

The product of all this is that while on paper it looks like we have had five prime ministers in the last decade, we haven’t even really had one. Instead we have been governed by opposition leaders in nicer suits. The real problem with national leadership in Australia is that no one in the past 10 years has had any practice at it.

The truth is that leadership didn’t just take a holiday when the PM went to Hawaii last month. Leadership vacated the field in this country a decade ago and we’re all just skeletons on the platform waiting for it to return.
Gee ..you have backed up quite a few of the points we've been espoucing. Thank you.

Categorised as a Lefty is my only concern :grinning:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Do you work in Scmos PR department. That is the biggest load of crap on here.

You are defending his inaction in helping while normal Australians are literally dying.

You are politicising a matter that should just be about right or wrong and defending the inexcusable.

As for your "tBetter dead than red" Seriously Macarthyism died a long time ago and communism died when the wall came down.

What are you really scared of?

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are you saying anyone left of the LNP is a Communist?
- Australian Greens
- Australian Labor Party
- Communist Party of Australia
- Communist Party of Australia (Marxist-Leninst)
- Socialist Alliance
- Socialist Alternative
- Socialist Equality Party
- Socialist Party
- Solidarity
- Victorian Socialists

Which one are you?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
- Australian Greens
- Australian Labor Party
- Socialist Alliance
- Socialist Alternative
- Socialist Party
- Solidarity
- Victorian Socialists

Which one are you?
I am a swing voter who thinks for himself. Clearly you need Scomo to think for you

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee ..you have backed up quite a few of the points we've been espoucing. Thank you.

Categorised as a Lefty is my only concern :grinning:
Its definitely not his words, hes copied and pasted an article.

Banking royal commission - voted against multiple times until a a very watered down version was finally put up

Peadophile royal commission - Pell supported by howard and Abbott, Houston supported by Morrison

SSM plebiscite goes through with those ministers who were calling for the plebiscite abstaining from voting. No worries let's just bring in a religious discrimination act to reverse gained civil rights

Environmental protests now come with hefty fines and a certain party is looking to ban them - kk wants them run over

School kids protesting climate change - They should be in school and getting an education

Bring a lump of coal into parliament

Lie about emmissions reducing under their watch

Be the laughing stock at a world climate conference because of lies about our reduction

And pretty soon you get a fed up public who feel they arent being listened to about climate change (which also has supporters from those who voted the government in) and a myriad of other topics. How would I say it? Probably the public feel its NEVER the right time to speak about climate change with this government.

Lets not forget the cheer squad (Murdoch media and Kerry stokes media) having a go at: -

The banking royal commission
Pell being found guilty by a court of law
Climate change and protests around climate change

And gees I wonder why the public feels they're not being listened too?

But hey it's all ok, we have photo ops with the cricket team and the cricket will make those who lost their houses happy. We'll just keep on lying about any action to be taken on climate change and keep on pretending its all good!

Meanwhile it was the greens who threw the first bomb, labor distanced themselves from it, and McCormack and Joyce threw mud at labor, but if that wasn't enough, old beetroot Barnaby also decided to throw lies out there that it was the greens fault. But hey lets not let facts get in the way.

Ive seen it all too many times before and theres a complete lack of understanding of the frustration they themselves built up in the population and hence a reaction.

Meanwhile we will completely ignore the dipshits that are stokes and Murdoch media who for far too long have been doing all this mud slinging, in other incidents, EVEN IN TIMES OF CRISIS and these same "lets come together critics" are quiet.

And with this current crisis, the ABC is providing essential services for those people stuck in bushfires. What does Murdoch media do? DISMANTLE ABC!!!!

Plain fact is this mud slinging shit in this country was started by the Murdoch media and now that its being returned they dont like it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
- Australian Greens
- Australian Labor Party
- Socialist Alliance
- Socialist Alternative
- Socialist Party
- Solidarity
- Victorian Socialists

Which one are you?
- Science Party
- Reason Party
- Climate Change Coalition
- Democratic Labor Party
- Secular Party of Australia
- Animal Justice Party
- Australian Affordable Housing Party
- Australian Democrats
- Pirate Party Australia

This is just a few. There's many others that are left of the LNP.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you work in Scmos PR department. That is the biggest load of crap on here.

You are defending his inaction in helping while normal Australians are literally dying.

You are politicising a matter that should just be about right or wrong and defending the inexcusable.

As for your "tBetter dead than red" Seriously Macarthyism died a long time ago and communism died when the wall came down.

What are you really scared of?
Medicare

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
- Science Party
- Reason Party
- Democratic Labor Party
- Animal Justice Party
- Australian Democrats
- Pirate Party Australia

I seriously recommend the Australian Sex Party..

Being a member it doesn't matter if you hang to the left or the right

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
- Science Party
- Reason Party
- Democratic Labor Party
- Animal Justice Party
- Australian Democrats
- Pirate Party Australia

They're all commies too. Dont complicate the world for him