Never been so disinterested in an upcoming season

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: put that frown upside down! I can tell you this season is going to be good!! New shirt sponsor is a couple weeks away . Let’s say latrell won’t be at roosters for much of the year go you mighty bulldogs!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have never felt this way about an upcoming season, it’s really sad tbh, cause there is nothing to look forward to. No new signings..... sigh
Seriously????

This year is make or break and going to be a massive rollercoaster for the future of our club?

Have you numbed yourself with illicit substances????

Either the group of kids we have step up and set us up for years to come or they fail and we start again from the ground up. How does that not interest you?

Last edited:

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You were excited during the last few off seasons? We have had absolutely nothing to look forward to for years. At least this year we know we finished strong last season, and we have a couple of new recruits. Certainly more exciting than last year.
It was the same last year. Good run at the end of the previous season and a few recruits.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Im more concerned with the new rule changes and the direction of the sport as a whole. I dont know about anyone else but the grand final was pretty ordinary.
but
Im feeling better about us starting this season then last year. The fact where settled, no-one got their wang out in the off season. Biggest concern is obvious, our halfs but that's our reality so lets get on with it.
My biggest want is for Pay and Co to have learnt from the 2 previous off seasons and that they arent messing about, cruising or thinking they'll simply play off the back end of last season. We know nothing and wont know till the season starts so for now Im just excited for the new season to start.
Plenty of time to still get the wang out haha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
One of the better players we could get (if Latrell went to Rabbitohs and they moved him on) we don't get first pick of the litter. Should I of said Leilua instead? I would take Gagai personally but I'm just using him as an example (more his situation and capitalising on it). These are the types of players we should be expecting anyways.
No to Leilua as well.

Seen better days both of them who put in as much effort as that most hated of possible signings....LM.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No to Leilua as well.

Seen better days both of them who put in as much effort as that most hated of possible signings....LM.
Well he (LM) was target number one for me. I hope the reason why we missed out on him was only because we couldn't afford him for 2020 (and not this attitude bs).

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No to Leilua as well.

I think you may be relying a bit too much on the negative spin generated by the Chooks publicity machine to punish him. Plus show other players what’s in store for them if they dare even think of exploring their options outside the almighty Chooks.

Happy New Year to All
Go Dogs

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m interested enough like every year to pay my membership and go and support the team no matter what performance is dished up
I certainly hope we continue the good form from the end of 2019
As a collective group we need to stick by the club and show up in numbers

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never felt this way about an upcoming season, it’s really sad tbh, cause there is nothing to look forward to. No new signings..... sigh
For our club its "death us do depart" for me, so I wont get to depressed if we don't win one game in 2020, I get depressed with the state of the game and the NRL, more shit rule changes only proves that the game is either run by morons or there is some inherent structural flaws with the game itself.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But if the club has said they want us to be a development club, are we really meant to expect them to go on a big signing spree?..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
But if the club has said they want us to be a development club, are we really meant to expect them to go on a big signing spree?..
I was for going on a signing spree for 2021 but it's clear that's not what we're doing (if we were then we've wasted two months already and let a lot of top talent resign at their current clubs, a few have moved elsewhere). We're going to continue picking up reject (unwanted at their current club or want to leave -usually for more money) players and opportunist signings while in the background focusing on youth development (also every club is doing this as it helps being sustainable). I think it'll be possible to pick up one player mid season (similar situation to DWZ) but since we have to spend 95% (?) of our cap before the season starts we're going to be limited. Off season is going to be difficult as other clubs are also going to have money to spend (we're at the bottom of the pecking order unfortunately and it seems we're against paying overs). I'm keen to see how the club spends the remaining salary cap after retaining all of our valuable players (they've almost done this already) for 2021. So expectation wise we should expect much of the same with each year adding a few reject players when the stars align. Results are going to mean a lot for us regarding recruitment and we're not in the best situation currently.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think you may be relying a bit too much on the negative spin generated by the Chooks publicity machine to punish him. Plus show other players what’s in store for them if they dare even think of exploring their options outside the almighty Chooks.

Happy New Year to All
Go Dogs
Sarcasm there Twin pertaining to opinions on here re LM.

I think he is as close to the most suitable signing we could possibly make in the next 3 years (providing Pay got his best out of him and/or he bought in to Bulldogs DNA:grinning:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I can understand that opinion. The team will need a strong start to the season.

Anyone who thinks that the good end to last season automatically means a good 2020 only needs to go back a year.

End of 2018 was 5 from 6 wins, end of 2019 was 5 from 6 wins.

Not much has changed apart from 3 pretty ordinary signings.

My expectations are not high, will just keep watching and hope the team gives me something to be happy about through the year.
Exactly this. Then how did 3/4 of 2019 go? Without Foran I don’t see the reason to be expecting any different.

One positive is another year or Garbage means changes from within are bound to come. Hopefully the right heads find their way in.

No idea who but one thing is becoming clear at moment. We aren’t exactly attractive and we have the most money of any club for next year (2021) and the truly elite talent is not going to be an option with them extending, committing elsewhere.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can now watch women's cricket afl and nrl... Might be more your cup of tea princess

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly this. Then how did 3/4 of 2019 go? Without Foran I don’t see the reason to be expecting any different.

One positive is another year or Garbage means changes from within are bound to come. Hopefully the right heads find their way in.

No idea who but one thing is becoming clear at moment. We aren’t exactly attractive and we have the most money of any club for next year (2021) and the truly elite talent is not going to be an option with them extending, committing elsewhere.
The most money doesn't mean much either if you're not going to use it. The thing is we're going to have to use it (have to spend 95% of the cap) so how is the club going to use it? I think we're going to have to do something that some people would say is evil. The longer we leave it the less available as well (panic buys?).

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The most money doesn't mean much either if you're not going to use it. The thing is we're going to have to use it (have to spend 95% of the cap) so how is the club going to use it? I think we're going to have to do something that some people would say is evil. The longer we leave it the less available as well (panic buys?).
I think salary cap is being reviewed also after next year due to tv rights deal being renegotiated so some player agents may be getting their players to hold off in some cases. Otherwise simple we just have to pay a little bit more for certain players...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you are splashing around in the bottom of a sewer pit, if you wear a bulldog hat you swim da fuck out and come back.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m interested enough like every year to pay my membership and go and support the team no matter what performance is dished up
I certainly hope we continue the good form from the end of 2019
As a collective group we need to stick by the club and show up in numbers
I agree that we need to stick together,and I do every year,rain hail or shine,I reckon we have a good young squad,and with the right direction we can make the 8,that is the big question mark for me,for me the jury is still out on dean pay,I'm not convinced as yet,and happy to give him another year.