Never been so disinterested in an upcoming season

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have never felt this way about an upcoming season, it’s really sad tbh, cause there is nothing to look forward to. No new signings..... sigh

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
You were excited during the last few off seasons? We have had absolutely nothing to look forward to for years. At least this year we know we finished strong last season, and we have a couple of new recruits. Certainly more exciting than last year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You were excited during the last few off seasons? We have had absolutely nothing to look forward to for years. At least this year we know we finished strong last season, and we have a couple of new recruits. Certainly more exciting than last year.
Yeah I agree it kinda feels like the light at the end of the tunnel is the brightest it’s been in a few years. 2017-18 was the worst period for mine you had Des driving the club into ground in the most boring way possible on the field then we found out about the off field stuff in 2018. It was hard to get excited about anything around that time.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have never felt this way about an upcoming season, it’s really sad tbh, cause there is nothing to look forward to. No new signings..... sigh
Nevertheless for us tragics....it's all we got ;)

They beat Parra first game, you'll be on a high with the rest of us :grinning:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
At least we're not going to get burnt like the previous two years assuming everyone has placed their expectations correctly (I'm coming from a different angle myself this year and I'm a little disappointed it took me this long to understand everything regarding our situation, I genuinely thought we could make the eight last year before a ball was kicked). I like the team we have but obviously they aren't good enough as a whole to get us to where we want to be. Even after saying that you always have a chance even it's a very small one. Until we're mathematically out we should believe it's possible. That's the same when we're up against the Roosters, Storm, whoever. We don't want to be delusional and say we're favourites to beat everyone we play or that we're going to make the eight but you always have a chance. It'd be nice to add one more signing that'll make a small difference (someone like Gagai for e.g.) since we're sitting on a bit of money and one spot open.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me, I’m looking into this year as a win win. We perform shit, more reason to piss Pay off. We make the finals, then we’ve won more than half our games and celebrating those

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m excited and always will be every season as this our team an you gotta take the good with the bad an stay positive and optimistic..!!! Bulldogs forever.!!! Bring on 2020 people :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
At least we're not going to get burnt like the previous two years assuming everyone has placed their expectations correctly (I'm coming from a different angle myself this year and I'm a little disappointed it took me this long to understand everything regarding our situation, I genuinely thought we could make the eight last year before a ball was kicked). I like the team we have but obviously they aren't good enough as a whole to get us to where we want to be. Even after saying that you always have a chance even it's a very small one. Until we're mathematically out we should believe it's possible. That's the same when we're up against the Roosters, Storm, whoever. We don't want to be delusional and say we're favourites to beat everyone we play or that we're going to make the eight but you always have a chance. It'd be nice to add one more signing that'll make a small difference (someone like Gagai for e.g.) since we're sitting on a bit of money and one spot open.
Gagai...are you serious??

If your Kevvy Walters you want him....and even he is waivering.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you set your expectations low, you cant be disappointed...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m more interested in this year than last but in saying that I’m always excited for a new season

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know about on season results but things will happen this year in one way or another. There is cap space available for 2021 and a coach who was only extended for 1 year which tells me the board are monitoring the results closely.... only 29 squad spots filled so one more available.. waiting on Forans cap relief compensation ...there is potentially a lot on the cards i reckon..

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just love footy season. Our cattle is, for the main, shite but our cohesion and willpower is on the rise. I think we should have some pretty good "against the odds" victories which i will savour but no finals. Lets hope we actually start seeing some decent juniors being retained and a few marquees that actually stay on the paddock versus sitting on the sidelines injured.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gagai...are you serious??

If your Kevvy Walters you want him....and even he is waivering.
One of the better players we could get (if Latrell went to Rabbitohs and they moved him on) we don't get first pick of the litter. Should I of said Leilua instead? I would take Gagai personally but I'm just using him as an example (more his situation and capitalising on it). These are the types of players we should be expecting anyways.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im more concerned with the new rule changes and the direction of the sport as a whole. I dont know about anyone else but the grand final was pretty ordinary.
but
Im feeling better about us starting this season then last year. The fact where settled, no-one got their wang out in the off season. Biggest concern is obvious, our halfs but that's our reality so lets get on with it.
My biggest want is for Pay and Co to have learnt from the 2 previous off seasons and that they arent messing about, cruising or thinking they'll simply play off the back end of last season. We know nothing and wont know till the season starts so for now Im just excited for the new season to start.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like most years I've got high hopes. My expectations have dropped to match the reality we're in though. My expectations last year were for a few youngsters to bust a nut trying to establish themselves. If we identify a suitable skeleton of a team it's easier to handpick the final positions. It's seeming more obvious every year that referees will do their share of deciding how any particular game might play out though.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can understand that opinion. The team will need a strong start to the season.

Anyone who thinks that the good end to last season automatically means a good 2020 only needs to go back a year.

End of 2018 was 5 from 6 wins, end of 2019 was 5 from 6 wins.

Not much has changed apart from 3 pretty ordinary signings.

My expectations are not high, will just keep watching and hope the team gives me something to be happy about through the year.