Throw us Dogs a bone

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Souths chipped in 100-200k I'd take Gagai and play him Centre. We could even still move Reimis to the Centres and have Gagai on the Wing. If he did come and his preferred position is Centre that's where he'd probably play. He has played his best footy on the Wing (basically one of the best QLD players bar last series). With what we have he'd be a good addition especially for the rumoured amount for Leilua floating around. I see Gagai as a pacey tackle busting Centre. He isn't the Gagai of old but I can see a world where he flourishes in our team (similar to DWZ). A representative player for 500k. We bought Napa for 650k so I don't see why not - we should at least be in the mix.

We Seem to be happy with everybody’s sloppy seconds because we can’t seem to land the big guns

fuck how the times have changed!!

not happy

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We Seem to be happy with everybody’s sloppy seconds because we can’t seem to land the big guns

not happy
This is the way

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would be nice. No such thing as Dubai and amazing in the same sentence, it's a fucking dump and boring as bat shit.
It’s amazing to him though..which is a worry,because it is a long way from Burwood Rd Belmore..lol

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

not happy
The worst part is we dont even attempt to sign the big guns

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who says mate?
They were quoted saying they weren’t interested in lattrell and we haven’t landed any so they are either not attempting or are really bad at getting the job done either way its a big concern ,i love the club as well but the facts are they seem to not close many deals.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They were quoted saying they weren’t interested in lattrell and we haven’t landed any so they are either not attempting or are really bad at getting the job done either way its a big concern ,i love the club as well but the facts are they seem to not close many deals.
They did say that about Latrell and for good reason. In relation to the others they have shown interest in players we can afford and play a position we need to fill. To say we haven’t even attempted to sign the big guns is just not true. The club are being purposely quiet on recruitment and you’ll all see why.

If I love a house you are selling and make enquiries (when you pricks list them as EOI or price on request hahaha) but I can’t afford it or upon attending the inspection I realise it doesn’t suit my needs you can’t say I’ve made no attempt

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They have said time and again they consider any player that is available, but they have also made it clear that players need to fit the team/club, not the other way around. A natural outcome of this approach is that some big name players are going to drop out of the clubs considerations pretty quick because there are too many question marks about the fit.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The one thing I know about doing deals is the better the hand you have the better you can bluff..

Finishing 12th 2 years in a row, The Des mess, the mass exodus of players and the cripples on Mil$ are all well known facts to Elite players in the market, their managers and sponsors. Everyone wants to go to the Rorters because they have a winning culture and recent history. Ditto when the Broncos were dominant and the same for us and Parra in our primes thru 80’s 90’s and even 2000’s. I think the plan is to make us somewhere players want to go because of culture and potential. Hopefully, we developed a couple of guns from our young blokes that other elite players want to come and play footy with.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The one thing I know about doing deals is the better the hand you have the better you can bluff..

Finishing 12th 2 years in a row, The Des mess, the mass exodus of players and the cripples on Mil$ are all well known facts to Elite players in the market, their managers and sponsors. Everyone wants to go to the Rorters because they have a winning culture and recent history. Ditto when the Broncos were dominant and the same for us and Parra in our primes thru 80’s 90’s and even 2000’s. I think the plan is to make us somewhere players want to go because of culture and potential. Hopefully, we developed a couple of guns from our young blokes that other elite players want to come and play footy with.
Wait a second, wait a second.
@Bazildog @Psycho Doggie - you speak some sense - STOP! You’re not allowed to do that here, you should know better!

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They did say that about Latrell and for good reason. In relation to the others they have shown interest in players we can afford and play a position we need to fill. To say we haven’t even attempted to sign the big guns is just not true. The club are being purposely quiet on recruitment and you’ll all see why.

If I love a house you are selling and make enquiries (when you pricks list them as EOI or price on request hahaha) but I can’t afford it or upon attending the inspection I realise it doesn’t suit my needs you can’t say I’ve made no attempt
And yes eoi is normally code for the owner wants too much so lets not put a price on yet and scare the buyers away lol

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I totally agree and love how they are building a good culture and a club that eventually players want to play for but i just dont cop the millions of excuses ,results aside knights/parra have recruited amazing despite being basket cases i get they have more in the cap but our recruiting is for 2021 which apparently is fine.My thing is take our blue and white eyes off yes they are doing some good things but i dont think recruitment has been up to scratch.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And yes eoi is normally code for the owner wants too much so lets not put a price on yet and scare the buyers away lol
Hahaha it’s so irritating and I know you love getting our phone numbers too :grinning:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hahaha it’s so irritating and I know you love getting our phone numbers too :grinning:
Funny thing i had a buyer ask the old chestnut of why are they selling? I said because they want the money lol he didn’t know what to do just wasn’t expecting that answer lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Funny thing i had a buyer ask the old chestnut of why are they selling? I said because they want the money lol he didn’t know what to do just wasn’t expecting that answer lol
Hahaha love it. It must be extra quiet for you guys at the moment with the fires?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hahaha love it. It must be extra quiet for you guys at the moment with the fires?
Not too bad jan/feb/march will be big because of the home buyers incentives atm,it’s mostly contained in blue haven now only 1 house burnt down.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not too bad jan/feb/march will be big because of the home buyers incentives atm,it’s mostly contained in blue haven now only 1 house burnt down.
That’s good mate I’m glad